Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - Tuesday, 12.05.23 @ 9:00 on Peacock TV

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Also--- and you guys brought up the subject of kids--- I watched the game, in the hospital, while I held my not-yet-two-day-old-daugther. She was born Monday morning. Emery Anne 

And, dont worry--- she won't be saving the ball under our own basket in the 2044 Women's March Madness. 

On a serious note--- I have a new found respect for my wife. My god. Tough af. 

Snapchat-5660461.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Also--- and you guys brought up the subject of kids--- I watched the game, in the hospital, while I held my not-yet-two-day-old-daugther. She was born Monday morning. Emery Anne 
And, dont worry--- she won't be saving the ball under our own basket in the 2044 Women's March Madness. 
Snapchat-5660461.thumb.jpg.3383b61b16d2fdf2c40350b0e223cb61.jpg
Congrats! Such an awesome feeling!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Made me smile to hear Gunn say, after the game, that both Cheaney and Hulls were helping him work on his shot.

Also smiled when I heard Malik said that, during a timeout, Cheaney took him aside and told him he had to trust his teammates (ie I assume he was telling him to pass out of the post).

Malik grinned a bit when he stated that the refs didn’t call Ware’s arm hook on his decisive sky hook. Ware could have easily been called for that (and would have been called if we were playing Duke etc).

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Snapchat-5660461.jpg

I see. I see why you haven’t been posting that much. You would rather be there for your 1 day old daughter, than post here. Just unbelievable, unforgivable!

I've never understood the criticism that CJ has received. He's in his second year and seems to be starting to figure things out. His upside is unbelievable and he is starting to show it on defensive side which is exactly what he should do. And now Cupps is getting ripped for his play. He is a freshman who is being put in difficult positions but is handling it to the best of his ability. He plays harder than anyone and is at least a nuisance to whoever he is guarding. I'm pretty sure he is going to get better as the season goes along. We want instant gratification and if a young kid doesn't look like an All-American, we criticize. Same with MM. Give them time to learn and grow. Obviously, CMW sees something in them.

35 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I've never understood the criticism that CJ has received. He's in his second year and seems to be starting to figure things out. His upside is unbelievable and he is starting to show it on defensive side which is exactly what he should do. And now Cupps is getting ripped for his play. He is a freshman who is being put in difficult positions but is handling it to the best of his ability. He plays harder than anyone and is at least a nuisance to whoever he is guarding. I'm pretty sure he is going to get better as the season goes along. We want instant gratification and if a young kid doesn't look like an All-American, we criticize. Same with MM. Give them time to learn and grow. Obviously, CMW sees something in them.

It's a tough crowd obviously. With Gunn I understand it more, he's a gifted athlete and second year player and until last night didn't look like he had attended a practice. Obviously he's coming around, so great news for all of us. I'm with you on Cupps though, kid is giving it all and has made very few mistakes and still getting raked over the coals. Yes he has gotten beat on defense a few times, but not enough to warrant the criticism. He'll be a terrific 4yr player and fan favorite is my guess. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's not playing this weekend and will be a long shot for Kansas. Likely going to be held out till Nebraska. 

I would hope so.

We are 2-0 in conference. We will very likely win all three cupcake games without him. Let's hope we can get him to complete 100% before he's back.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He's not playing this weekend and will be a long shot for Kansas. Likely going to be held out till Nebraska. 

Thanks for the info, any word to what the actual injury is?