Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - Tuesday, 12.05.23 @ 9:00 on Peacock TV

What a great game. Couldn't go to sleep afterwards. Best part of the game for me:
2-year-old son: Da da is that Indiana?
"Yes, that's INDIANA."
2-year-old: Indiana playing basketball?
"YES INDIANA BASKETBALL"
2-year-old: GO INDIANA (claps) 
It was late, he put his book down to cheer for IU and fell asleep watching with me. IU Basketball is generational - did the same thing with my father growing up and still text with him and my brothers about IU almost every day. Priceless memories
This post deserves more than just a like.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

But we still have to be able to create those opportunities and that's why Trey still has value offensively. Gunn has no ability to break his man down off the dribble, especially in the half court (MM doesn't really either).. jmo. 

I loved CJ last night. So long too. 

Besides CJ finding his shot, the biggest thing for me last night was Banks ability to get to the rim and convert a few. If he can start doing that he gives us a little more scoring punch off the bench plus the ability to put him in some defensive lineups with the starters and not lose too much offensively.  

When XJ is back we have a solid 8 man rotation with Cupps, Banks, and Walker (almost exclusively playing some version a 4 now) that can make several combinations of lineups with the remaining starters that should be able to score enough and defend at a high level no matter who is out there. 

Gunn and Sparks continuing to improve adds to that depth. 

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

Question: Does anyone know if Ware's brother is any good? Just saw he is 6'10" and a 2024 (not sure), shoots 3s...kinda similar to big bro.

Shoot offer him, convince Ware to comeback for a year with Reneau, Mcneeley, Mgbako, Banks, Gunn, Sparks, Cupps, and Newton - would be the most talented IU team this century. I'd be insufferable to everyone around me about IUBB

17 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Shoot offer him, convince Ware to comeback for a year with Reneau, Mcneeley, Mgbako, Banks, Gunn, Sparks, Cupps, and Newton - would be the most talented IU team this century. I'd be insufferable to everyone around me about IUBB

I don't see anything on 247 or rivals for him, there are videos of him on his mom's X account. I saw another place that listed him as 6'11" 190#s. Where are our recruiting experts?

Also--- and you guys brought up the subject of kids--- I watched the game, in the hospital, while I held my not-yet-two-day-old-daugther. She was born Monday morning. Emery Anne 
And, dont worry--- she won't be saving the ball under our own basket in the 2044 Women's March Madness. 
On a serious note--- I have a new found respect for my wife. My god. Tough af. 
Snapchat-5660461.thumb.jpg.3383b61b16d2fdf2c40350b0e223cb61.jpg
So freaking cute.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk