Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - Tuesday, 12.05.23 @ 9:00 on Peacock TV

14 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I understand that he’s going to have a lot of mistakes but I just see that potential at the end of the road.

He’s got great defending instincts but more importantly he has the athleticism to stop elite guards from driving on us for easy buckets. Needs reps for that.

I was also very encouraged by his shooting yesterday. I love Trey and he definitely has a big part of the team but he can’t shoot well. If Gunn could shoot that jumper and three even into an average level that just opens up more space for our big men who have great footwork and can cause some serious damage. He has the form and release angle which makes me believe that with more time and reps that we can have that by the time march rolls around.  Him and Mgbako are the key to the type of run we’ll have. Just my opinion. 

IMO-- you're advocating for more PT for him.. and I agree. 

The only person you could start him over would be MM, and he's starting to play a little better. 

IMO-- the starting lineup is overrated. He played 20 mins last night. And basically, and even when XJ comes back--- as long as he continues to be a positive, he's going to get to play 12-20 mins.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

The only person you could start him over would be MM, and he's starting to play a little better. 

IMO-- the starting lineup is overrated. He played 20 mins last night. And basically, and even when XJ comes back--- as long as he continues to be a positive, he's going to get to play 12-20 mins.

I agree with a lot of this, starting lineup is overrated and play him for MM. 

Down the stretch last night Cupps, Galloway, Gunn, Reneau, and Ware were a nice lineup. 

Very good team win. I had to listen to the game on the radio so unfortunately can't actually see how everyone looked

1) This is a game I think IU loses in the Tom Crean or Archie Miller era. Well done by Coach Woodson, the staff, and players. Michigan is probably a borderline NCAA tournament team if that. But still, winning on the road, especially in Ann Arbor, is tough. 

2) Sounds like CJ and Kaleb are starting to get it. Love to see that. Indiana needs them. Happy for them too. It hasn't been an easy year and a half for them at IU. 

3) Felt like Malik and Kel'el gave IU a bucket when they needed it most. Love them at the 4/5 spots. If Malik can stay out of foul trouble and improve a bit on defense, I think he is the next great IU player. 

4) Sounds like Trey was better in the second half? Still concerned about our guard play. LOVE Cupps. He plays well on defense. Sounds like he was on McDaniel who was 3 for 14 last night. Maybe some phantom fouls is what got him to 13 points. That being said, would love to see Gabe turn into a 5-7 points a game kind of player. Bottom line, when Xavier is back they need him to play at an All-Big Ten leve. 

5) Don Fisher is awesome. IU is so lucky to have him. Why I had no problem listening to him instead of watching it. 

I think this team can beat Auburn Saturday. Would be another quality win before coming home to play Kansas. Overall, this team has been getting better. We didn't see that the first 5 games. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also--- and you guys brought up the subject of kids--- I watched the game, in the hospital, while I held my not-yet-two-day-old-daugther. She was born Monday morning. Emery Anne 

And, dont worry--- she won't be saving the ball under our own basket in the 2044 Women's March Madness. 

On a serious note--- I have a new found respect for my wife. My god. Tough af. 

Snapchat-5660461.jpg

Congrats dude. It's the best thing in the world. Cherish every second because you can't get any back and they FLY by now.

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also--- and you guys brought up the subject of kids--- I watched the game, in the hospital, while I held my not-yet-two-day-old-daugther. She was born Monday morning. Emery Anne 

And, dont worry--- she won't be saving the ball under our own basket in the 2044 Women's March Madness. 

Snapchat-5660461.jpg

Congrats!!! Tell her Welcome to HOOSIER NATION!!!

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

I still don't think it has sunk in just how lucky we are to have someone as awesome as Ware the season after saying good bye to one of our most prolific big men in program history. Absolute STUD. 

This depends on how successful IU is as a team, but he better get serious All-American consideration. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

As long as he gets reps to play the other teams best guards. I think he needs 20-25 minutes. Trey can have that deserved honor of starting I guess but I just feel MM and Gunn are our best options to fix our shooting woes. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Snapchat-5660461.jpg

The best thing ever!

Complete congrats to you and your beautiful family.

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Snapchat-5660461.jpg

Congratulations!!!!!!!!Never too early to start dribbling practices. 

Too early to tell this but: I like how CJ and Kaleb have been getting better. On the previous coaching staffs I feel players who barely played as a freshman just never got the hang of it. Collin Hartman is the only one that comes to mind. Felt like players who needed a second year jump always transferred out of the program. This is a welcoming sight to see. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I also read the whole thing this morning. Wow what a wild ride. 

Lots of ups and downs. 

Raise your hand if you had us 7-1 at this point of the season. I wouldn't expect many hands

Let's keep building. 

I didn't think Cupps or Galloway played great but they always give maximum effort. 

Let's get ready to head to the ATL for Auburn. Homecoming for Banks. 

I'll have to go find my old posts, but I did say never fear this 4 game gauntlet when everyone was jumping out of windows.  :)  

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

As long as he gets reps to play the other teams best guards. I think he needs 20-25 minutes. Trey can have that deserved honor of starting I guess but I just feel MM and Gunn are our best options to fix our shooting woes. 

But we still have to be able to create those opportunities and that's why Trey still has value offensively. Gunn has no ability to break his man down off the dribble, especially in the half court (MM doesn't really either).. jmo. 

I loved CJ last night. So long too. 

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My 17-year-old came out of his room after the game and said to me that was a great win for me & IU. I said what are you part of the team now? He said I did get accepted to IU today so yeah I'm part of the team. 

Very cool moment, We celebrated, then I said you didn't think to tell your mom and me this news anytime in the last 7 hours? He said I forgot till they won. We figured he would get in, but still happy about it. 

My 17 year old came back from his high school soccer match when the IU game was at the half.

Him: "Can I watch on Peacock from the start?" and then .. "Oh ****, I just heard the halftime score from the other room. Guess that doesn't tell me who's gonna win. (goes to family room covered with 90 minutes of mud). Can you get me some food before it starts again dad?" 

He saw a helluva second half with me. 

Hey @Chris007; when did yours get that IU email? My kid has 20 applications out, and IU is one of them. Be nice to get that first early one under his belt! 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

But we still have to be able to create those opportunities and that's why Trey still has value offensively. Gunn has no ability to break his man down off the dribble, especially in the half court (MM doesn't really either).. jmo. 

I loved CJ last night. So long too. 

I agree here, but at the same time also was excited to see Mack straight line his man deep into the paint and just absolutely body him for a bucket a couple of times. That was a welcome surprise.