Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Michigan - Sunday, 3/5/23 @ 4:30 on CBS

Well, will it be Team Jekyll or Team Hyde that shows up Sunday?

Live Stats

Earlier this morning.

Mike Woodson pre-Michigan availability on Xavier Johnson: "Don't know much yet....today we gotta go through practice to see where he is."

Woodson on Iowa: "Watching the film was embarrassing. It's probably the worst display of basketball since I've been here as a coach. It was awful." Says Thursday practice was very good in response

Mike Woodson on the Indiana defense: "Again our defense has been solid this year...Iowa, we had nothing. When you give up damn near 90 points in the Big Ten, you're not going to beat anybody."

Woodson on his senior night as a player: "I wasn't worried about a speech. I was worried about winning a Big Ten title that night."

Mike Woodson on when Trayce Jackson-Davis initially returned to Indiana: "He could've left if he wanted to and gone anywhere in the country. And the fact that he made the commitment to me and I made a commitment to coach him."

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well, will it be Team Jekyll or Team Hyde that shows up Sunday?

Live Stats

Earlier this morning.

Mike Woodson pre-Michigan availability on Xavier Johnson: "Don't know much yet....today we gotta go through practice to see where he is."

Woodson on Iowa: "Watching the film was embarrassing. It's probably the worst display of basketball since I've been here as a coach. It was awful." Says Thursday practice was very good in response

Mike Woodson on the Indiana defense: "Again our defense has been solid this year...Iowa, we had nothing. When you give up damn near 90 points in the Big Ten, you're not going to beat anybody."

Woodson on his senior night as a player: "I wasn't worried about a speech. I was worried about winning a Big Ten title that night."

Mike Woodson on when Trayce Jackson-Davis initially returned to Indiana: "He could've left if he wanted to and gone anywhere in the country. And the fact that he made the commitment to me and I made a commitment to coach him."

That reads like;

• Xavier is definitely practicing, and
  • If he's fine in practice he's playing on Sunday.

That is GREAT news.

Interesting piece of info from Osterman -

If you factor in their various injury absences, Jalen Hood-Schifino, Xavier Johnson and Trayce Jackson-Davis have completed just six games in which they all appeared this season. None since November. They have never all played in a Big Ten game together.

41 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting piece of info from Osterman -

If you factor in their various injury absences, Jalen Hood-Schifino, Xavier Johnson and Trayce Jackson-Davis have completed just six games in which they all appeared this season. None since November. They have never all played in a Big Ten game together.

That’s crazy, I didn’t realize that 

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

That reads like;

• Xavier is definitely practicing, and
  • If he's fine in practice he's playing on Sunday.

That is GREAT news.

I've been with you all along. Xavier Johnson, even if in a limited role, makes this team so much better. Not sure this team has depth to win the Big Ten Tournament (3 games in 3 days or 4 in 4) but I think a 7 man rotation will be nice come NCAA Tournament time. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I've been with you all along. Xavier Johnson, even if in a limited role, makes this team so much better. Not sure this team has depth to win the Big Ten Tournament (3 games in 3 days or 4 in 4) but I think a 7 man rotation will be nice come NCAA Tournament time. 

Getting the quickest player on the team, the team's best on-ball defender, the team's best guard at the rim, and an 80% free throw shooter back?

Yes. That is a big deal.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Getting the quickest player on the team, the team's best on-ball defender, the team's best guard at the rim, and an 80% free throw shooter back?

Yes. That is a big deal.

Still livid of the Iowa showings (blowing a 21 point lead and the no show Tuesday) but it's incredible they went 11-8 in Big Ten play without him. Crazy but if they win Sunday they still have a good shot at the double-bye with all the upsets...

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

X >>>>> JHS

at throwing alley oops to TJD.  Facts. 

PS-I’m excited to see X back. Assuming full health he will most assuredly help us defend.  Generally a very good on ball defender.  Our best guard defender imo..  

Some rust for the next ten days; including rust that contributes to a loss?

Well worth it if we have a healthy, engaged Xavier Johnson for the NCAA Tournament.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

X >>>>> JHS

at throwing alley oops to TJD.  Facts. 

PS-I’m excited to see X back. Assuming full health he will most assuredly help us defend.  Generally a very good on ball defender.  Our best guard defender imo..  

Defense is the big thing. I don't care if he scores like 5 points a game. It's defense where he makes us so much better. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Some rust for the next ten days; even rust that contributes to a loss?

Well worth it if we have a healthy, engaged Xavier Johnson for the NCAA Tournament.

Agree. I'd like them to win Sunday and the first game in the Big Ten tournament. After that, I don't care. If they make it to the semi's and lose a hard fought game like last year, I won't be too upset. Bracket Matrix today makes it seem like everyone is in agreement on the top 12 teams. I don't think IU could be a 3 seed unless major upsets happen this weekend and next. Even if IU had won Tuesday, not sure they'd be a 3 seed. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My wife asked if I wanted to go to breakfast but I chose to sleep in. So she went with a friend. I didn’t know the friend was Miller Kopp. Actually he was there with his parents who are in town for senior night.

CE98AB65-EB0A-452C-B89A-BEE7BAB01B56.jpeg

Chris, I can tell you over married. Luck was on your side when she said yes.

Hope the HOOSIERS will be as lucky tomorrow.

LET’S GO HOOSIERS!

30 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My wife asked if I wanted to go to breakfast but I chose to sleep in. So she went with a friend. I didn’t know the friend was Miller Kopp. Actually he was there with his parents who are in town for senior night.

CE98AB65-EB0A-452C-B89A-BEE7BAB01B56.jpeg

Does she also have a friend named Trey Galloway!?