Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

19 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Upon reflection from Tuesday evening, I realized this: A Rutgers player was hit in the johnson by Johnson, who's coached by Woody.

He then sent Cupps onto the floor. 

Maybe that should've happened earlier.

X was doing his best Peter Jurkin.

30 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not bashing him but I thought he had a little more offensive game coming in. After watching him play half the season I think he deserves4-5 minutes a game if that.

Kind of where I am. Someone on this board kept comparing him to Yogi and saying he was better than Hulls coming in and would challenge for big minutes. That sure didn't hold up -- and I don't mean to bash him in expressing my op on that. I think he's going to turn into a really solid 4-year point guard. Also think he's too focused on not making mistakes right now, should be looking to shoot more, should be creating more instead of focusing on avoiding TO's (he barely gets assists). Weight training and a summer will likely make a big difference going into his soph year -- I like him and his future at IU, but he needs time to grow and mature as a college player.

47 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not bashing him but I thought he had a little more offensive game coming in. After watching him play half the season I think he deserves4-5 minutes a game if that.

I was also surprised by this, and was under the impression he  was a shooter. Especially after his showing in the three point contest at hoosier hysteria. Heck, there's a highlight video on YouTube from a decently big channel with the title "BEST SHOOTER IN THE COUNTRY?! Indiana Commit Gabe Cupps is NO JOKE!".

Feel like his shot has been flat, and specifically, when its not catch and shoot, he seems to float pretty drastically vs. remaining vertical. 

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I know some thought he'd make an impact, but we're getting about what I expected. I think he can be a solid upper classman, but he's a freshman and needs to grow and adjust to the college game.

I know some thought he'd make an impact, but we're getting about what I expected. I think he can be a solid upper classman, but he's a freshman and needs to grow and adjust to the college game.

He’s exactly what I expected after watching him in HS. He might be good as an upper classmen. Or he might be similar to what he is now.

He gets attacked on D relentlessly. Doesn’t hold his own. He’s basically Anthony Leal on offense. He plays mostly within himself and his biggest advantages are he plays smart. But at the level of the B1G that isn’t enough.

If he becomes an amazing shooter his stock will rise, especially on a challenged Indiana roster.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Ohio State disagrees.

It’s one game. Over his 2.5 year career here his been mostly a net negative. IU got a better as a team last year when he went to the sideline. There’s not a single Pitt fan who was sad to see XJ leave the program. I don’t think any of this is a coincidence.

The hype generated from the 2022 B10 tournament has turned XJ into a legend..if only, if only, if only

20 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

It’s one game. Over his 2.5 year career here his been mostly a net negative. IU got a better as a team last year when he went to the sideline. There’s not a single Pitt fan who was sad to see XJ leave the program. I don’t think any of this is a coincidence.

The hype generated from the 2022 B10 tournament has turned XJ into a legend..if only, if only, if only

It is hard to believe that X was on the ACC All-Freshman team.  

19 hours ago, Hornsby said:

I think Woodson thought we would love him no matter what cause he was an iu guy. But most of us never saw him play honestly. I thought I would see iu ball and a guy who poured his heart and soul into it 24/7 if he wanted the job as much as he claimed he did. He seems to like it cause it's iu but he doesn't seem like he lives it. Seems passed if you even question him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I saw him play

Kind of where I am. Someone on this board kept comparing him to Yogi and saying he was better than Hulls coming in and would challenge for big minutes. That sure didn't hold up -- and I don't mean to bash him in expressing my op on that. I think he's going to turn into a really solid 4-year point guard. Also think he's too focused on not making mistakes right now, should be looking to shoot more, should be creating more instead of focusing on avoiding TO's (he barely gets assists). Weight training and a summer will likely make a big difference going into his soph year -- I like him and his future at IU, but he needs time to grow and mature as a college player.
Was it the same poster who said gunn and banks were going to be studs this year? The summer hype is usually so over the top by some.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Oh boy, I’m sure there are many posters on here that have seen Woodson play!

Responding to a post who comment was I am sure not many on here has seen Woodson play

think Woodson thought we would love him no matter what cause he was an iu guy. But most of us never saw him play honestly. I thought I would see iu ball and a guy who poured his heart and soul into it 24/7 if he wanted the job as much as he claimed he did. He seems to like it cause it's iu but he doesn't seem like he lives it. Seems passed if you even question him.

3 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Responding to a post who comment was I am sure not many on here has seen Woodson play

think Woodson thought we would love him no matter what cause he was an iu guy. But most of us never saw him play honestly. I thought I would see iu ball and a guy who poured his heart and soul into it 24/7 if he wanted the job as much as he claimed he did. He seems to like it cause it's iu but he doesn't seem like he lives it. Seems passed if you even question him.

I bet there are more than you think, including me.  I thought you seen him play, but then you state “But most of us never saw him play honestly.”

You can throw me into the group of people who thought Cupps would be more of an offensive threat. Calling it like it is…Gabe needs to be a shooting threat to get playing time. If he can’t shoot, no reason for him to see many minutes. I will be shocked and frankly rather disappointed if Cupps is our starting pg next year. Make no mistake, Woodson will be revamping the roster next year with excellent guard play and shooters (I hope!).

Looking forward to portal SZN lol.. Go buy/build us a good team.

Although we should have done that this season and didn’t so should I be worried? Of course I should.

It stinks because with Ware, Reneau and the right guards this team could be dangerous but boy oh boy did we misevaluate guards.

And then playing style? Yuck. Well, I guess I’ll worry about that later.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners