Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

You can feel that way, but it doesn't have to be at all. There is little doubt in my mind we can find 2 guards more impactful as college players NEXT season, than Boogie Fland. 
Maybe but who knows woodsons post system isn't exactly attractive to guards imo.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

There can be some kids change their minds in the spring and the portal might help but Woody did swing a miss with guards in the portal last year.  We really could have used 1 for sure and maybe 2.  
If we find a way to go on a run like last year then that will really help especially as it would require winning games against some of the better teams in the BT.  But if we really struggle down the stretch his portal magic will likely fade
Woodson has landed a total of three players during fall recruiting the last two years. And two them them committed the year before so relly one in two years. Using the portal to make your roster every single year is not a recipe for building a successful program imo.

It's why I wanted a big class in the fall. "Help is on the way" gets ridiculed and mocked around here all the time, but knowing scholarships are filled for next season can go a long way toward getting people off the ledge. Woodson needs any positive momentum he can get right now. Could we get guys in the spring? Sure, but not knowing who they'll be or if they'll even be available isn't getting people through the cold, dark nights of January when we're getting clowned by teams Nebraska and Rutgers. 
After Woodson whiffed in the summer of 2023 we were told 2024 would be a monster class of four or five guys. He got one. Something is off with his fall recruiting imo.

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We had very good reasons to go after Walker. We didn't really have room, but we did have a scholly. 

What reasons did we need another front court player that can't shoot? And if we had a scholly, how did we not have room? Johnson, Galloway, Cupps and Gunn aren't good enough to keep what we could have gotten from playing. They aren't very good.

25 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

After Woodson whiffed in the summer of 2023 we were told 2024 would be a monster class of four or five guys. He got one. Something is off with his fall recruiting imo.

For the longest time, we were only recruiting 3 guys so not sure how we were going to get 4 or 5. Fland, Mcneely, and Queen. We got one, missed one, and in the final two for the other who is deciding next month. Since then we have opened our recruitment to Brown, Sanon and Davis

19 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

He certainly has not performed well enough but the train has left the station and if we are going to have any hope of salvaging this season we need him

So, ethics and accountability be damned... we need X to maybe, hopefully, dreaming to salvage this train wreck?

X was appointed team captain after numerous previous lack of judgment actions... and now we get the nut shot FROM OUR CAPTAIN and leader?

Got it. In other news, Woody has abdicated control of the asylum to the inmates.

8 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

So, ethics and accountability be damned... we need X to maybe, hopefully, dreaming to salvage this train wreck?

X was appointed team captain after numerous previous lack of judgment actions... and now we get the nut shot FROM OUR CAPTAIN and leader?

Got it. In other news, Woody has abdicated control of the asylum to the inmates.

Remember, he's a "players coach."

8 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

What do you want me to do about it lol? The roster is what it is and it's not going to change. It is a fact that if this season is going to be salvaged we need X to be a contributor. If you're saying that you want him gone and you don't care about what happens as far as wins and losses go then that's fine I can see where you're coming from. But as far as I know while X has made some stupid choices, he has not done anything bad enough for me to want to just give up on the season halfway through. I absolutely think he should be punished and I would even understand benching him for this game but this is about Wins and Losses and we shouldn't just be tossing one of our only guards out the window.

14 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Could it be that X's high turnover bad game and the crap-@$$ loss to Rutgers has contributed to your standard for punishment? Because he has played unimaginably badly in two of the last three; both losses.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As long as you were similarly offended when Cody Zeller gave Derrick Nix a shot to the nuts. Personally, while it is true that every situation is different, I was not one of the 'kick Zeller off of the team' guys. 

When Dane Fife bit an Iowa player on the arm, and when Dane Fife deliberately grabbed an Illinois player's ankle and tripped him? I was not a 'kick Dane Fife out" guy then either.

Could it be that X's high turnover bad game and the crap-@$$ loss to Rutgers has contributed to your standard for punishment?

Nope. Sin is sin. All offenses should be (should have been) addressed similarly. If you're gonna play dirty and take a shot at a guys junk, bite someone in a scrum or intentionally and deliberately fire the basketball off of another player's face, you need consequences.

Maybe a 1- or 2-game suspension for the first offense, and it escalates up for additional transgressions..

And this is NOT Johnson's first time of doing something stupid. I have no qualms about kicking his butt off the team.

5 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

What do you want me to do about it lol? The roster is what it is and it's not going to change. It is a fact that if this season is going to be salvaged we need X to be a contributor. If you're saying that you want him gone and you don't care about what happens as far as wins and losses go then that's fine I can see where you're coming from. But as far as I know while X has made some stupid choices, he has not done anything bad enough for me to want to just give up on the season halfway through. I absolutely think he should be punished and I would even understand benching him for this game but this is about Wins and Losses and we shouldn't just be tossing one of our only guards out the window.

That the roster sucks is irrelevant, as is the fact that losing Johnson may put us in a bad way. Either you dish out consequences regardless of how it affects the rest of the season or you broadcast to the world that you have NO standard for acceptable behavior. 

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Nope. Sin is sin. All offenses should be (have been) addressed similarly. If you're gonna play dirty and take a shot at a guys junk, bite someone in a scrum or intentionally and deliberately fire the basketball off of another player's face, you need consequences.

And this is NOT Johnson's first time of doing something stupid. I have no qualms about kicking his butt off the team.

True - this is not his first offense; agree with you that this is a real factor.

However, consequences don't always have to mean "kicked off the team." I think we have to trust that the staff knows waaaaaay more than us as to what the appropriate consequences are. One thing is for sure; if the consequences aren't appropriate the culture will suffer and the winning will suffer.

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

That the roster sucks is irrelevant, as is the fact that losing Johnson may put us in a bad way. Either you dish out consequences regardless of how it affects the rest of the season or you broadcast to the world that you have NO standard for acceptable behavior. 

I think we probably just want different things from our experience watching this team which is all good. I want the team to win games and I want the best chance for that as long as no serious lines are being crossed.

6 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

I think we probably just want different things from our experience watching this team which is all good. I want the team to win games and I want the best chance for that as long as no serious lines are being crossed.

What is your definition of 'serious?'