Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

39 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

You aren't the only one saying Pearl would kill it here just using your comment to reply.  I not in the majority here on Pearl what has the guy really done?  His time at Auburn he has missed the tourney more than he has made it.  He has been in trouble multiple times with the NCAA.  Like someone else mentioned his age.  Please someone let me know what I'm missing but I don't think Pearl would do good here. 

image.thumb.png.834e41abd6fcf5da8f50c74d771a6b6d.png

Well... their 4 man, can't remember his name, that blew his knee out in the tourney, might have cost Auburn a title. They were the hottest team in the country by a LONG shot. 

The past 7 years he has won 73% of his games. 

He also coaches at a school who has a fanbase that supports football, baseball more than basketball, just the reality and is no better than the 6th best basketball program in their conference. 

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Do you think we would want him fired if he didn't make the tourney in his first 3 years here?

No way.  Pearl has the street cred to hold our crazed fan base at bay if success isn't immediate.  Only Sampson had this of the post Knight hires.  Something our clueless administration still doesn't get.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Well... their 4 man, can't remember his name, that blew his knee out in the tourney, might have cost Auburn a title. They were the hottest team in the country by a LONG shot. 

The past 7 years he has won 73% of his games. 

Wasn't that when called some BS foul while Kyle Guy was shooting a late 3?    

58 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

You aren't the only one saying Pearl would kill it here just using your comment to reply.  I not in the majority here on Pearl what has the guy really done?  His time at Auburn he has missed the tourney more than he has made it.  He has been in trouble multiple times with the NCAA.  Like someone else mentioned his age.  Please someone let me know what I'm missing but I don't think Pearl would do good here. 

image.thumb.png.834e41abd6fcf5da8f50c74d771a6b6d.png

Do you understand Auburns history? It's horrid. Like Indiana football horrid. What he's done there is damned good. No way he wouldn't be successful here. But the administration here doesn't have the balls to make a move like that. And Pearl is a dude who UNDERSTANDS Indiana basketball.

29 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Wasn't that when called some BS foul while Kyle Guy was shooting a late 3?    

Yes in the F4. The foul call was correct, the officials missed a double-dribble that wouldn't have allowed for the foul to have even been called. 

Do you understand Auburns history? It's horrid. Like Indiana football horrid. What he's done there is damned good. No way he wouldn't be successful here. But the administration here doesn't have the balls to make a move like that. And Pearl is a dude who UNDERSTANDS Indiana basketball.
Nope we would hire another archie. Sampson was the only good coach we have hired he just had other issues.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Considering Woodson is 2-0 for tourneys and a multitude of people want him fired halfway through the year while sitting at 11-5, yes Bruce would be burnt toast
Dude if he had tjd he would make the tourney. People act like Woodson came in and built a roster from scratch. He was gifted an all american.

25 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Dude if he had tjd he would make the tourney. People act like Woodson came in and built a roster from scratch. He was gifted an all american.

If If's were fifths, we'd all be drunk. Listen I'm with you on gripes about how everything has gone, but you have to be a special type of hater to discredit being 2-0 for tourney appearances on account of he had a good player. 

Recruiting, retaining, and improving an All American is a positive sign from a coach. With your own argument, should we write off Cal without his All Americans: Tshiebwe, Quickley, Washington, Fox, Murray, Ulis, Towns, Cauley-Stein, Randle, Kidd Gilchrist, Davis, Jones, Wall, Cousins, Meeks

Woodson did add quite a few notable players to the roster in his first two years: Kopp, JHS, X, Stewart, Bates, and Durr while retaining TJD, Race, Gallo. The retainment of players to me is the same as recruiting new guys. I understand the displeasure with Woodson, check my previous posts I've dragged him, but credit given where credit is due. TJD had opportunity and I'm sure offers for every single CBB team in country and Woodson kept him, to the benefit of Woodson, IU, and TJD. That's a win my guy

Moral of the story and back to origin of my post: If Bruce went 0-3 on Tourney's he'd be public enemy #1 in Indiana. Potentially wouldn't even get to year 3 imo

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Not a fan of the player or family. 

I'm not a fan of Xavier Johnson and have said it many times on here. I think he should be suspended for Friday night.

But the holy IU fans that want to kick him off the team for a nut job but cheered with Michael Lewis throwing the ball off people's faces or Dane Fife was biting guys on the floor and tripping them. Yes I know X has had other problems in the cell phone era but these guys did some of the same stuff. I had many IU players drinking at my parties in the 90's who were not 21. 

We're so fast to judge anymore

I want him kicked off team for his entire bad body of work and not just the nut job, but I would be OK with at least a 3 game suspension, not 1 game.  But it looks like Kent Sterling is going to be right, no consequences for his actions.  Woodson will play it off and say something like “they handled it internally” and yet he’ll start the next game.  Honestly, if he starts and they announce his name to the starting lineup, I hope he gets booed!!!  But we know that won’t happen, we support our own.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Do you think we would want him fired if he didn't make the tourney in his first 3 years here?

Sure that might be an issue.  Auburn had not been good since the 99 season really before he got there.  He was coming off a very good run at TN and that would probably earn him more street cred than Woody has.  Also hard to tell how things were going during those 3 years.  It seemed in year 3 the team turned a corner and perhaps they had a bevy of recruits coming in.  Maybe he would start off here with more talent and could get going quicker.  Certainly something to consider though. 

We are an impatient lot to some extent.  We are also willing to extend more grace when you can see that "help is coming" and/or the teams younger players are making big jumps.  Had Woody secured the 3 2024 recruits he was chasing that would have helped.  One more is out there but I think the most important one got away (Fland) given the roster makeup but would be willing to agree that we needed a shooter in a big way too.

4 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I want him kicked off team for his entire bad body of work and not just the nut job, but I would be OK with at least a 3 game suspension, not 1 game.  But it looks like Kent Sterling is going to be right, no consequences for his actions.  Woodson will play it off and say something like “they handled it internally” and yet he’ll start the next game.  Honestly, if he starts and they announce his name to the starting lineup, I hope he gets booed!!!  But we know that won’t happen, we support our own.

Booing our own players in introductions is classless and shouldn't happen. I understand being frustrated with ins actions and his play but if our arena starts singling out and booing it's own players it is not going to make anything better only worse.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

wait what? TJD was an All American when Woodson got here? 

Wow, no, he wasn't. He had two ok moves, couldn't dribble, and was pretty much out of shape. 

42 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Nope we would hire another archie. Sampson was the only good coach we have hired he just had other issues.

Any other program would have told the NCAA to piss off. Our administration instead bent over without being asked. It's almost like they wanted to destroy the program.

Sure that might be an issue.  Auburn had not been good since the 99 season really before he got there.  He was coming off a very good run at TN and that would probably earn him more street cred than Woody has.  Also hard to tell how things were going during those 3 years.  It seemed in year 3 the team turned a corner and perhaps they had a bevy of recruits coming in.  Maybe he would start off here with more talent and could get going quicker.  Certainly something to consider though. 

We are an impatient lot to some extent.  We are also willing to extend more grace when you can see that "help is coming" and/or the teams younger players are making big jumps.  Had Woody secured the 3 2024 recruits he was chasing that would have helped.  One more is out there but I think the most important one got away (Fland) given the roster makeup but would be willing to agree that we needed a shooter in a big way too.
If Woodson had gotten fland people might be more forgiving now. But the old help is on the way thing does not apply. He went all in on fland and lost. It was a massive blow imo.

5 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

If Woodson had gotten fland people might be more forgiving now. But the old help is on the way thing does not apply. He went all in on fland and lost. It was a massive blow imo.

You can feel that way, but it doesn't have to be at all. There is little doubt in my mind we can find 2 guards more impactful as college players NEXT season, than Boogie Fland. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

You can feel that way, but it doesn't have to be at all though. There is little doubt in my mind we can find 2 guards more impactful as college players NEXT season, than Boogie Fland. 

There can be some kids change their minds in the spring and the portal might help but Woody did swing a miss with guards in the portal last year.  We really could have used 1 for sure and maybe 2.  

If we find a way to go on a run like last year then that will really help especially as it would require winning games against some of the better teams in the BT.  But if we really struggle down the stretch his portal magic will likely fade