Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - C Xavier Booker to Michigan State

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yes, indeed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

In years past I may have been a bit perturbed about missing top in-state talent, see Furst, Kaufman, Guy, etc., but with Woody and staff on-board I know we will be fine.

Separately, I have always wondered why the Kansas's, UNC's, Duke's, etc. of the world never really got involved in Booker's recruitment - odd for a guy who is trending to be a McDonalds AA.

No knock on Booker; but what he loves about MSU’s style of play? “Michigan State’s playing style, I can really see myself fitting into it. They let their bigs rock out, handle the ball and shoot. They don’t limit them to certain things and they just let them play off their strengths… They won’t limit me.“

Have you ever seen a big guy commit and say:

“I LOOOVE Leaping Penguin University’s playing style, I can really see myself fitting into it. They tell their bigs to rock out by getting their collective ***** down to the low block so that they can hip check someone in the nuts. Never gonna have to handle the ball and shoot. They will damn sure limit me to certain things and they just let me play off my strengths. My strengths are most certainly NOT shooting, dribbling the ball, creating for myself and creating for my teammates. They will limit me. I fully understand why.”

Wish him well but something was off about this. Reminded me a lot of landers recruitment.  

To go from a Top 10 list to a decision in a week just makes me think that teams we dropping out of the recruitment.  And the fact that none of the top players were involved makes me really skeptical.  

As a person I wish him well. But I despise MSU so I hope nothing good for his basketball career going forward. 

Hopefully we get the guys that Woodson is wanting.  Although getting one soon would feel better 

To me that’s clearly a shot at Indiana. Whatever happened here, there seems to be some bad blood. Whatever, I guess. 2023 recruiting doesn’t have me too impressed for Indiana but Booker probably wasn’t the fit we were looking for, I guess.

To me, Booker played a back seat role at his HS to win. He flourished with the ball in his hands in AAU. Maybe his HS will need him more this year and he’ll be unstoppable. Probably will be. Always a bummer missing this type of talent but something was off. Dane Fife was a double agent? Lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Woof. Odd to say the least. Double agent Fife to the rescue.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Fife and IU didn't part on the best of terms, so I kind of expected that kind of reaction from him. I don't know why it didn't work here for Fife, other than the allegations I saw on the internet, but I clearly didn't and it didn't pretty quick. I never really got the feeling that we were in a great position with Booker and wasn't thinking he would be part of this class. I hope he finds the success he wants, as I do for all kids, and he gets to live his dream. I have great faith in CMW and staff and believe we will be just fine.