Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iu eyedoc

Single non IU player you want out of the portal and why?

I'm going with Gurley. I can envision a line-up of: Phinisee, Franklin, Hunter, Gurley & Jackson.  Having 3 wings that can hit the three will be soooooo refreshing. I think he'll fill the biggest need since I am assuming Race & Geronimo are gone. 

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Why do you think we are getting Xavier Johnson?

His relationship with Kenya Hunter and TJD reaching out to him.  I posted a couple of tweets in the TJD thread -- one from TJD and one from Johnson -- where they eerily were echoing each other.  Also seeing his twitter feed where he said he would be announcing soon had 86 replies......84 of them from IU fans and 2 from a Purdue troll asking why he would go to Indiana.  Obviously might mean nothing, but I thought it was strange that there wasn't a single fan of another school that could be pursuing him that replied to it.  At least tells me that fans of other teams aren't really picking up positive messages of him coming there.

If Franklin decides to come back, probably less likely he comes, but IMO I think Franklin is probably leaning toward Illinois and Johnson will commit to IU.  Just my guy, no evidence.

Both lol. Spelled "Xavier" but pronounced X-Zavier
Guess I hadn't thought of that lol. Told my wife when we were having our 2nd child that if it were a boy I wanted to name him Xavier. Didn't have a boy and probably wouldn't have won the naming rights anyhow

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

His relationship with Kenya Hunter and TJD reaching out to him.  I posted a couple of tweets in the TJD thread -- one from TJD and one from Johnson -- where they eerily were echoing each other.  Also seeing his twitter feed where he said he would be announcing soon had 86 replies......84 of them from IU fans and 2 from a Purdue troll asking why he would go to Indiana.  Obviously might mean nothing, but I thought it was strange that there wasn't a single fan of another school that could be pursuing him that replied to it.  At least tells me that fans of other teams aren't really picking up positive messages of him coming there.

If Franklin decides to come back, probably less likely he comes, but IMO I think Franklin is probably leaning toward Illinois and Johnson will commit to IU.  Just my guy, no evidence.

Thanks for the rationale. He might be a good get but I’m concerned looking at the portal rankings and Indiana had 3 guys ahead of Xavier - Lander, Franklin and even  Durham. Seems like it might be better to just get Franklin and Lander to return

Thanks for the rationale. He might be a good get but I’m concerned looking at the portal rankings and Indiana had 3 guys ahead of Xavier - Lander, Franklin and even  Durham. Seems like it might be better to just get Franklin and Lander to return

Pretty sure the portal rankings are just based off their recruiting ranking. No way is lander the best prospect in the portal.

That said I kinda agree, Xavier is a good player but his turnovers have been a huge problem his entire career. Averaged like 3 this year and isn’t a great shooter on top of that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Pretty sure the portal rankings are just based off their recruiting ranking. No way is lander the best prospect in the portal.

That said I kinda agree, Xavier is a good player but his turnovers have been a huge problem his entire career. Averaged like 3 this year and isn’t a great shooter on top of that

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They have Lander at 7 and Franklin at 8 and Carr at 1.

the writer notes that Lander is all potential, not current production