Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, 12345Brad said:

If Mattas health is still a major question mark, but he wants to give it a go ... and he has ties to Brad ... why not give it a year as an assistant?  And/Or take the reins until June?  I realize 99% of egos would never allow that ... but at least maybe give it a trial run?  Risk/reward?  

Without news today or this weekend, I personally think we're lasered in on another candidate. He was linked to the Georgia job but he has yet to take an assistant position at any level since he was let go. If he really wanted to coach, he would still be coaching.

I think he's done. 

We want Brad Stevens!

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Without news today or this weekend, I personally think we're lasered in on another candidate. He was linked to the Georgia job but he has yet to take an assistant position at any level since he was let go. If he really wanted to coach, he would still be coaching.

I think he's done. 

We want Brad Stevens!

They're going to announce it tomorrow on the 50th anniversary of Bob Knight being hired. I'm just hoping this is the case

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

This guy?

5ba291d2e106a.image.jpg

Looks like and reminds me of ex cop, Drew Peterson.

He was convicted of being responsible for the deaths of various  young wives....yikes!

Rob Lowe played him in recent movie.

83280C1C-2D3D-4533-8CC2-C94A86E84F33.jpeg

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Would they announce something that big on the same day the women play the biggest game in program history? 

If it’s been planned for a while then yes. There is clearly a reason IF that dates been set since before Archie was fired.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I can't quite figure that out. There is a lot of info going around and I don't care to find out the truth to it because I'm not a Matta fan. He always reminded me of Gargamel on the smurfs. Yes that's how I decide if I like someone or not :-)

I always saw him more like Cecil the turtle from looney tunes.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

They're going to announce it tomorrow on the 50th anniversary of Bob Knight being hired. I'm just hoping this is the case

I hope Woj breaks the news. That would be satisfying. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosier2016 said:

Drummond meeting with Celtics today....

Drummond sucks. I don't even want him on my Lakers. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Tinfoil hat update: The same plane that went Boston -> Chicago -> Bloomington last night is headed to White Plains,  NY this AM.

image.thumb.png.51048184b17f8b1948ed3563a4f4c1ce.png

It got diverted to Teterboro. We know that is the airport Mrs. Stevens likes to use. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I'm not going out on a limb like last time, the hate I got was crazy, but I understand. I want it to happen and still believe. But I want everyone to believe what they want to believe, except for nonmousey or whatever his name is. I'm not a fan. 

Look man, you passed along a lot of detailed stories as if they were gospel. They simply weren’t. You’re even implicitly admitting that here by saying you were out on a limb. 

I have zero problem if you want to believe in it just because it’s fun. Have at it. But when you mix in a bunch of falsehoods and posture it as legit info to get other people to believe, that bothers me, and that’s why I’ve been fired up about this.

Edited by Nonymouse