Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

I was told a certain trustee from down south was having trouble keeping it quiet. That's why Brad had to do the press conference to make things go quiet. 
Dang it chris I am praying you're hearing correctly i am so hoping for this. If it don't work out I won't blame you and if others do f them. I am the only one that matters lol. Lets go get the only coach for iu

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Dang it chris I am praying you're hearing correctly i am so hoping for this. If it don't work out I won't blame you and if others do f them. I am the only one that matters lol. Lets go get the only coach for iu

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BRAD ******* STEVENS

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was told a certain trustee from down south was having trouble keeping it quiet. That's why Brad had to do the press conference to make things go quiet. 

I really appreciate your insight. If there is interest, I don’t understand the timing sensitivity?  What does a week delay matter?

4 minutes ago, Jungle George said:

I really appreciate your insight. If there is interest, I don’t understand the timing sensitivity?  What does a week delay matter?

First off he is under a private contract with the Celtics, we don't know what is in that contract. Second, he might want to finish the season with them or wants to get to a certain point where he feels like he can hand it over to someone else. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I'm not going out on a limb like last time, the hate I got was crazy, but I understand. I want it to happen and still believe. But I want everyone to believe what they want to believe, except for nonmousey or whatever his name is. I'm not a fan. 

So, I realize you aren't saying it's happening, but are you actually still hearing things that indicate there is a chance, or is this just still speculation at this point? I'm not getting my hopes up either way after last time regardless. 

3 minutes ago, HankTheDeuce said:

So, I realize you aren't saying it's happening, but are you actually still hearing things that indicate there is a chance, or is this just still speculation at this point? I'm not getting my hopes up either way after last time regardless. 

Chris007 very well know more than everyone else, but "somewhere between complete speculation and insider information" is probably where this stuff should be pegged. Let's call it "outsider information."

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hearing things. But aren't we all hearing things. I was always told it wasn't going to be right after we fired Archie. I don't think we wanted to fire Archie as fast as we did. He found out, he was gone, and started telling the players so Dolson had to act sooner than he wanted. 

This is a new tidbit as far as I know. So Archie caught wind of it and was going to bolt regardless? 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hearing things. But aren't we all hearing things. I was always told it wasn't going to be right after we fired Archie. I don't think we wanted to fire Archie as fast as we did. He found out, he was gone, and started telling the players so Dolson had to act sooner than he wanted. 

Why would they have "supposedly" offered Thad Matta earlier this week if this were the case?

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

First off he is under a private contract with the Celtics, we don't know what is in that contract. Second, he might want to finish the season with them or wants to get to a certain point where he feels like he can hand it over to someone else. 

Thanks, appreciate you

BRAD ******** STEVENS!!!

His team got worse over the trade deadline yesterday. Don't let the stats fool you. Evan Fournier was averaging 18PPG on the second worst team in the league. Not hard to do when you're the only shooter / versatile forward.  He doesn't fit with the Celtics and he doesn't play defense. 

The Celtics traded their starting center for a G-League player. Poor Brad.. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Started telling the players he was gone or started telling the players that it was Stevens? 

4 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

This is a new tidbit as far as I know. So Archie caught wind of it and was going to bolt regardless? 

He wasn't going to bolt because he wanted his 10 million but he started letting people know he was gone.