Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

2 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Chris has been on this board for a long time and has a very good history of providing accurate information.  This is why he is trusted here.  You showed up last week. There is a reason people here trust Chris.  He has a great reputation that he has earned. 

Don't forget our bomb dropper Yeags!

4 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Chris has been on this board for a long time and has a very good history of providing accurate information.  This is why he is trusted here.  You showed up last week. There is a reason people here trust Chris.  He has a great reputation that he has earned. 

I appreciate the info too. He pretty much called everything about Archie's dismissal. Not saying he's right on this one but it wouldn't shock me. Something seems off about this process. 

1 minute ago, HoosierMatty said:

Hey Chris is tomorrow's announcement something you have heard from your sources or an educated guess ? Do you think Brad is maybe still waiting to figure out when he wants to leave ?

Don't think tomorrows rumored announcement came from Chris. Some dude on Twitter. 

19 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Seems like there are a lot more important causes if you want to fight against dishonesty, and I'd be all for it.  I'm not sure what harm this is causing.  No one's going to riot or be killed if Brad Stevens doesn't come.

Ummmmmmmmm never mind

If I'm to entertain the thought of Stevens to IU, would the plan for Stevens to finish the season with the Celtics? Heaven forbid they were to make the playoffs, that seems like a long wait. Beyond Leal and Galloway who've stated their intentions to stay, would IU have much of a roster left if Stevens was to finish his NBA season. By that time, I'd doubt much of the talent in the portal would be left either.

If it were indeed Stevens, I'd take the one year hit as I'd be more confident in the long term, but the timing for 2021 with college bball free agency, wouldn't exactly be optimal. Just my take, but I've officially been drawn back in on the Stevens talk. Hoping it works out better than the last time.

Just now, kreigh8 said:

If I'm to entertain the thought of Stevens to IU, would the plan for Stevens to finish the season with the Celtics? Heaven forbid they were to make the playoffs, that seems like a long wait. Beyond Leal and Galloway who've stated their intentions to stay, would IU have much of a roster left if Stevens was to finish his NBA season. By that time, I'd doubt much of the talent in the portal would be left either.

If it were indeed Stevens, I'd take the one year hit as I'd be more confident in the long term, but the timing for 2021 with college bball free agency, wouldn't exactly be optimal. Just my take, but I've officially been drawn back in on the Stevens talk. Hoping it works out better than the last time.

I think that if he was to coach the rest of the season then you would need someone like Lewis or Cheaney to be interim coach, then move to associate head coach after Brad got done with the NBA season. Or the Celtics fire him today, he is here tomorrow

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I was told something about getting through the trade deadline and that it will be a good weekend. Never anything about the exact 27th at noon

....and now this Ohio State Twitter guy is claiming info next weekend? I find him very sketchy and untrustworthy..