Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 minutes ago, ISP said:

I don't know how the meeting went, my guy didn't even know the location. A separate guy (former player) randomly said expect and announcement tomorrow. But I don't ever trust former players lol.

--

I'm hitting up my lines, trying to see what I can find, but I'll be surprised if I get anything tonight. I got the "flight/meeting"  text at 5am this morning and then didnt even see it till later i the afternoon. If anything about tomorrow is real, I'd expect a lot more chatter to come out from a lot of random places.

Is that the Dallas to Bloomington to White Plains flight?

3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I feel like the Indiana fans I know appreciate fundamentally sound, well coached teams. I think most know this won’t be an immediate turnaround, and are willing to let the next coach build his success. Obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but I think most just want to see effort and improvement. Obviously at some point, we want another banner, but no one should be expecting it in the next couple years. Let’s make the tournament first!

If we get Brad I would think the fan base would have more patience because we have seen what he has done in the past.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Yes from a former player but I’m not sure how connected he is so I take it with a grain of salt. But I’m rooting for him to be correct.

If you are talking about AJ he has had Buckner and IT on his podcast.  I would think he has assess to them so he might have heard from them.

4 minutes ago, ISP said:

Btw guys, probably my last post tonight - and probably wrong thread. But Drew has legit interest in the job. So if Stevens doesn't sign, we still have awesome options. I know some don't like Drew for the Hanner thing, but I can vouch that he is class.

We don’t want him. CTC is better than Scott. Bring Tom home if Scott is our only option. 

4 minutes ago, brandct said:

No way that Cuban is involved in any sort of pitch or negotiations the NBA would crucify him.

Indeed -- if he had anything to do with a coach leaving an NBA team for his alma mater, he'd be in deep doo-doo. I could see him getting a really, really, really big fine and suspension -- if not both -- for that. That's serious sh-t.