Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

He clearly doesn’t understand marketing and advertising. Customer acquisition baby! Giveaway value to your target audience! You’ll acquire a large following and become an authority. Monetize down the road. See Chris and Pap..... if they wanted to, they could put their info behind a paywall and many would pay. That wouldn’t be as effective if they hadn’t given as much value for free. 

I unfollowed. Sure I would like to know things as early as possible.  If following him helped make Stevens to IU a reality I would continue to follow. Since it is simply to get info I prefer to get it from people I enjoy or not get it at all.  

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I believe just helping with bringing Brad home. Hoping for a staff of Lewis, Nored, Roberts, Guyton DOBO or Moye

Should see if Matta would like to be an assistant to get back into coaching.

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

Since this thread is dedicated to the prospect of obtaining Stevens for many, many years and it's a lot of speculation, let's talk about what happens WHEN it happens. Name me a better profile than this for a CBB HC:

• Proven strategic coach that can win at any level (enter, Butler)
  • Makes ballers out of players (Enter, Hayward)
  • Beautiful in-game tactician
  • Moralistic side of me: GREAT human
  • NBA ties (hello, recruiting)
  • Indiana kid with Indiana ties
  • Strikes absolute fear into every program in the country, top to bottom
  • Kids will be, in my opinion, lining up to play for him just based on how he wins and who he knows. He never had that at Butler.
  • Could build the most powerful bench strength in assistants known to CBB

Just thought this would be fun. Help me add to it...it will help pass the time.

I’ll add that I remember he always utilized great spacing and his teams always had excellent ball movement. His teams were full of hardworking student athletes with smart basketball IQs and the sound, fundamental skills we were once accustomed to seeing from Indiana high school basketball programs across the state.

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I’d rather wait patiently than put up with this jackass. 

understood. secret is if you dont post his tweets, or interact with him or comment about him on this board. i promise you. he will go away

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Usually that stuff is dropped by this time of night if it is coming out isn't it?

Wasn't the big clippers trade and signing like at 12AM EST?

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I believe just helping with bringing Brad home. Hoping for a staff of Lewis, Nored, Roberts, Guyton DOBO or Moye

I mean, if you’re gonna get me all giddy Chris, I’ve had a coaching man crush on Nored for sooooo long.

If we could keep Roberts and Cliff and add Nored and Lewis that’d be the best staff imaginable.

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Usually that stuff is dropped by this time of night if it is coming out isn't it?

Ignore my profile pic, but I don't think they care what time it is if they're the first ones to break it...

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'd love that.  Where do I sign?

Not sure how well Roberts has done on Miller's bench since the whole team kind of crapped the bed.

1 minute ago, ray said:

I’ll add that I remember he always utilized great spacing and his teams always had excellent ball movement. His teams were full of hardworking student athletes with smart basketball IQs and the sound, fundamental skills we were once accustomed to seeing from Indiana high school basketball programs across the state.

Other than that he sucks.   ;)

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I mean, if you’re gonna get me all giddy Chris, I’ve had a coaching man crush on Nored for sooooo long.

If we could keep Roberts and Cliff and add Nored and Lewis that’d be the best staff imaginable.

I don't know about Cliff because it seems like we have had a lot of injuries.