Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

10 minutes ago, madmax said:

I wish I could find it, but it was somewhere in the 1200+ pages of the other thread. I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that it was on a podcast that was done relatively recently when he was asked directly if he had any interest in a lead assistant job similar to what Martelli is doing for Howard at Michigan and he said no.

Beilein said he has no interest in an assistant job on the Titus & Tate podcast a few weeks ago

Just now, rcs29 said:

That's a solid point. If he truly, still at some point, wants to coach at IU it's most likely now or never.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Um, I think Brad Stevens is 44 years old.  Many people's 2nd choice is 68.  

We would all love to hire the next guy that leads the program to greater heights for the next 20 years.  That would be great.  Brad would be 64 then.  

Just now, rcs29 said:

Did you bring enough for the whole class? Have to tell us since you put it out there for all of us to see.

Pretty sure he pretty much did say everything in that post, just in the form of a question. 

Just said they were going to go after said recruit & pretty sure like 90% that Stevens was going to be the coach. 
Thats insane to pitch that with him still coaching or am I wrong? If brqd doesn't come wouldn't said recruit be like I can't trust these clowns and not come? 90 percent is strong but not 100

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just said they were going to go after said recruit & pretty sure like 90% that Stevens was going to be the coach. 

So Roberts is making recruiting decisions/calls On behalf of brad? Hope brad knows this lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hopefully that “s” was there and it was not Stephen. Or Steve. 

Um, I think Brad Stevens is 44 years old.  Many people's 2nd choice is 68.  
We would all love to hire the next guy that leads the program to greater heights for the next 20 years.  That would be great.  Brad would be 64 then.  
That's a valid point as well but if it's a Chris Beard and things go great that window is shut most likely.

Just now, theriverpilot said:

I’d take 90% chance any day considering what our chances were last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they have always been better than what most people thought.  I also thought Archie would be fired.  But yes, 90% is very exciting.   

Not sure how I feel about Roberts doing that, if true.  Could easily end up looking bad on us if he stays put.

Let's say Stevens was interested but wanted to finish the season, would IU draw a line there or try to compromise (ie for staff and they start)?  I could see them wanting the guy in place ASAP but I could see him wanting to honor a commitment to Boston's season.