Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I could see a 12:15 bomb dropped on the Friday of the ncaa tournament. However they play that night. I think woj would be the one to break it 

Well the play in games are tomorrow so do it right before those starts

46 minutes ago, Treesh said:

If Brad were to agree I’d imagine he’d want a huge pool for his assistant coaches. He might want a large staff similar to the size of his staff at Boston. 

I do believe there is still NCAA limits of how many people you can have on staff. 3 assistants, a grad assistant and a DBO.

Edited by WI Hoosier

Just now, WI Hoosier said:

I do believe there is still NCAA limits of how many people you can have on staff.

Probably.  Honestly, my list would be Lewis, Nored, and keep Hunter on staff.  Maybe look at Roberts for DOBO?  

I can see Kenyia or Mike telling Brad when he comes in for his first practice,”I thought we would go 20 on, 10 off, then another 20 on.” Or,”Fact is, mister, you start screwin' up this team, I'll personally hide-strap your @$$ to a pine rail and send you up the Monon Line!”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, JVIU98 said:

I can see Kenyia or Mike telling Brad when he comes in for his first practice,”I thought we would go 20 on, 10 off, then another 20 on.” Or,”Fact is, mister, you start screwin' up this team, I'll personally hide-strap your @$$ to a pine rail and send you up the Monon Line!”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We will all ask Brad at the local gathering at Nick’s if he prefers man to man or zone. Quite frankly, nothing worked with our boys and we got them all back but one! 

1 hour ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I have a hard time believing the preferential treatment thing

Sorry if this has been responded to already but that is 100% true. There’s more to it though. 

Hayward struggled a ton post-injury and Brad continued to play him 30+ minutes and feature him as one of the 2-3 primary scoring options on the team when it was clear that Hayward wasn’t physically ready. A few legit National NBA sportswriters acknowledged this and that there was some minor grumblings about Hayward’s role post-injury

8 minutes ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

Sorry if this has been responded to already but that is 100% true. There’s more to it though. 

Hayward struggled a ton post-injury and Brad continued to play him 30+ minutes and feature him as one of the 2-3 primary scoring options on the team when it was clear that Hayward wasn’t physically ready. A few legit National NBA sportswriters acknowledged this and that there was some minor grumblings about Hayward’s role post-injury

Yeah, this is true. It was the first season Hayward was back from the leg injury. 2018-19. The year Kyrie said he was re-signing and then everything fell apart during the season and they lost in the first round to Milwaukee. 

Stevens started Hayward the entire season when he clearly wasn't ready. I think the organization thought Hayward would round into form, but it never really happened until the following season (last season). They even had Brown coming off the bench sometimes because of it.