Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
24 minutes ago, HoosierReb01 said:

Thanks. I noticed him in the spring game (and other times) out there with Cig, and wondered. Seemed like there was a running dialog that gave me the impression that he was a guy that had Cigs ear and respect.

Keag has been at IU in that spot since the early 2000s. He knows everything about everything and everyone and is about as good at his job as it gets. I’m sure he and Cig got along real well real early. 

Posted

So where did Lonergan go? I didn't see him get hurt... but he just disappeared and Surace took his place. Then that Ashenfelder dude showed up for a play or two and Surace came back.

Posted
11 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

So where did Lonergan go? I didn't see him get hurt... but he just disappeared and Surace took his place. Then that Ashenfelder dude showed up for a play or two and Surace came back.

He was in the medical tent before the end of the first half and then went into the locker room 

Posted
5 hours ago, IU5355 said:

Absolutely! 

However, Tobi quietly has 8.5 TFLS and 4 sacks. He could end up putting up some major numbers this year. 

Tobi is doing good work out there. Quietly like you said. I really like his game. 

Posted

Watching the game replay.

That game film is going to show that Trevor Gibbs had one hell of a game as a blocker. That true freshman has all but sealed up his role as our lead tight end for years  to come.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Watching the game replay.

That game film is going to show that Trevor Gibbs had one hell of a game as a blocker. That true freshman has all but sealed up his role as our lead tight end for years  to come.

And he should’ve been rewarded with his first TD, couldn’t have been more wide open

Posted
20 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Rutgers players seemed to be tapping out left and right.  Can’t blame them.  Lol

Fisch and Buck were commenting during the game and keeping track how many times they stopped for an injury and which players were doing it multiple times.  The last I heard them was at 8 times I think with at least 2 defenders going down multiple times.

Posted

Have seen a fair amount of this sentiment the last couple of days. Am I the only one who doesn’t feel this way at all? I think this is a potentially really good team that’s still figuring it out,  played 1 pretty good team that they struggled with, is probably ranked pretty appropriately and starting this week we’ll see what we’ve got. And their rankings are completely irrelevant because if they go undefeated or 1 loss they’re in the playoffs no matter what. I’m not sure what all the irritation is about.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Demo said:

Have seen a fair amount of this sentiment the last couple of days. Am I the only one who doesn’t feel this way at all? I think this is a potentially really good team that’s still figuring it out,  played 1 pretty good team that they struggled with, is probably ranked pretty appropriately and starting this week we’ll see what we’ve got. And their rankings are completely irrelevant because if they go undefeated or 1 loss they’re in the playoffs no matter what. I’m not sure what all the irritation is about.

I don’t feel particularly aggreived.  And I think some of our social media warrior accounts are too touchy and should lighten up.

HOWEVA, I do think IU gets less benefit of the doubt and more burden to prove things than the bluebloods.  Even after what this staff has done. Our logo costs us maybe one spot in the rankings imo.

Things will probably work out fine if we are good.  But it appears our SOS is weaker than expected, so a 10-2 scenario is not an auto playoff spot and some of this bias could hurt us.  If we have two losses those need to be close games, especially if it’s OSU.

All that said we have a long way to go and Nebraska is all that matters right now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...