-
Posts
2,683 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Content Type
Profiles
Articles
Football Recruits
Store
Events
Forums
Everything posted by Lebowski
-
Adidas Contract Extended - 2024
Lebowski replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Off Topic Forum
In my experience when both parties revisit contracts in this nature it's usually beneficial for both. There are many reasons why Adidas would want to revisit it. But my first thought, and probably the most obvious, is a competitor of Adidas made a call to Scott Dolson. -
I might be completely wrong but I'm thinking a bigger portal commitment compared to the 2026 class (17). Probably closer to 2025 (23) or 2024 (31) if I had to guess. I'm thinking this because some on the roster will transfer out. Who knows. Coach Cig mentioned multiple times he'd like to avoid a bigger transfer commit class compared to a high school commit class.
-
I'm more concerned about the LB room. I'm not too concerned about the DL room. There's a ton there and there are a couple of true freshman already getting valuable reps. The D overall and OL will lose a ton of experience it'll be interesting to see what happens in the transfer portal. I'm confident holes will be filled with talented players and who knows, might even be upgrades!
-
Top 150 IOL out of West Palm Beach, FL 247 On3 x Not very active on social media but IUFB offered and one of those recruits we were accustomed to offering/signing prior to Coach Cig. Might be a hidden gem.
-
Top 60 OT out of Northbrook, IL 247 On3
-
Top 70 DL out of Cincinnati, OH 247 On3 ESPN
-
Adidas Contract Extended - 2024
Lebowski replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Off Topic Forum
Correlation does not equal causation. In the realm of sport, where NKE has a connection with athletes and consumers, football and basketball are all showing growth and NKE is one of the leading products and innovators in the industry. And I don't see them going away anytime soon. NKE wants their logo on the jersey during the College Football National Championship, not their competitors. They will choose wisely. Last week, they just made a $200M+ deal with one of the jersey's in last year's CFP Championship game. Which is my point. Sidenote: I could care less what deal IU has with who and how much so on and so forth. I do know capitalism tends to work itself out when it comes to these kind of deals. -
Adidas Contract Extended - 2024
Lebowski replied to Class of '66 Old Fart's topic in Off Topic Forum
Give it time. Nike will come in and easily offer something better and even buyout the remaining contract. Especially if IUFB ends up in the CFP for the 3rd straight year. -
This is GORIOUS! LOLOLOLOL!!!!! Yeah, I was afraid we weren't going to be able land a proven football coach for that very same reason. So so thankful for Whitten making the commitment.
-
Maybe I don't understand what resources you are talking about that IU had? The stadium was empty. I was there.
-
My point is that IU was in the exact same spot 2 years ago. Just because they suck now doesn't mean they suck next season. Especially with the current landscape in college football.
-
(2028) RB Christian Schettini
Lebowski replied to Lebowski's topic in Indiana Football Recruiting Forum
-
Top 20 RB out of Newnan, GA 247 On3 ESPN
-
We agree to disagree. They're basically the same. Maryland actually has a better overall football history. We're extremely lucky to finally get leadership from top to bottom to focus on IUFB. Maryland's current landscape doesn't look good but make no mistake, they have a much better history than IUFB. Much much better.
-
Prior to Cig, the IUFB job SUCKED.
-
Social media chatter for both Coach Shanahan and Coach Haines regarding the Maryland job. Kind of makes sense considering the location.
-
(2028) Edge Ty Kirkpatrick
Lebowski replied to Lebowski's topic in Indiana Football Recruiting Forum
There's chatter on social media that IUFB is one of the tops on the list. -
There's a reason most successful teams have experienced QBs on the gridiron. That's not a knock on Julian. He'll get better. Maybe even end up at IUFB.
-
Appreciate everyone's input here. I haven't dug into it all that much because I've been pretty good about trying to avoid all things political and frankly, I've been a much happier person in general by doing so. So again, truly appreciate everyone's feedback.
-
Totally understand what you're saying here and agree to an extent. I'm just saying there might be a system to work out at the end of the day. It's not an impossible task.
-
There might be, especially if they model it after a pro league. At the end of the day, college sports is now just another extension of professional athletes.
-
Appreciate your response here. These maybe dumb questions and I apologize up front. I'm wondering why there's a cap but not a CBA? Am I understanding that correctly? Players are getting paid by a college institution, will have health care insurance, etc. etc., but they aren't considered an employee? How does that even work? Like how do they file taxes and what does the W2 say about their place of employment? Employed by the federal or State? Or self-employed? I might send you a DM about this if you don't mind?
-
This Friday, Virginia Tech-Pitt will be the first matchup in the history of modern college football to feature two unranked, 4-0 major conference teams.
