Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

3 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Transfer portal sources: Indiana has been in contact with 7-foot-1 Kentucky transfer Aaron Bradshaw

I want to see it.  Gonna be a Ware type contract but it’s worth a shot. Talented kid no doubt. Pair him with a durable big body

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I want to see it.  Gonna be a Ware type contract but it’s worth a shot. Talented kid no doubt. Pair him with a durable big body

Maybe the most upside but more risk too. Intriguing option.

13 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I'd go for Williams over Bradshaw 10/10 times.

Would be nice to get Bradshaw, but not sure what our relationship with Klutch is like. 

Is IU in good with Starsky?

4 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

If there are guys who want to visit on 4/20, is that a bad sign?

Sooner the better for sure.

With long-term high school recruiting it’s usually best to have the last visit. With portalists it’s definitely best to have the first visit. And hope that the first visit is the last visit.

It appears that for Myles Rice and Pharrell Payne we will be their first visit. I believe we’re also Hickman’s first visit.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Between Williams, Payne, and Bradshaw?

Bradshaw is the only one who can hit a jump shot. He is also the only one who has not proven he can defend the 5 spot or bang inside at the power 5 level.

Bradshaw is interesting, but give me Payne or Williams any day and twice on Sunday. Between Williams and Payne? I like Payne—he plays so so hard.

Payne plays hard.  Also shoots free throws at a Payton Sparks level.  Also worth noting that he fouls at about the same rate Reneau does......Payne one foul per 10.5 minutes, Reneau one per 10.2 minutes last year.  I would like IU to have a rotation of 3 guys at the 4/5, just not as sold on Payne as you.  Bradshaw also has a lot of foul issue.  Williams is the most sure thing IMO but will only get one year out of him.  Bradshaw and Payne offer multiple years.  Think the key is that if you get one of the three locked up you immediately look for the third guy to complement.  It's obvious that MR is at the 4 and MM is at the 3, so have to look for complementary pieces to make that happen.

Let's start by getting Rice.  Would love to get Rice and Hickman but at a certain point guys are going to want to see how their minutes are going to work out.

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sooner the better for sure.

With long-term high school recruiting it’s usually best to have the last visit. With portalists it’s definitely best to have the first visit. And hope that the first visit is the last visit.

It appears that for Myles Rice and Pharrell Payne we will be their first visit. I believe we’re also Hickman’s first visit.

jXD7kFLwudbBC.gif

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe. I don’t see why Cupps needs 10-15 except just to play him.  I like Galloway as a PG so he doesn’t try to be a spot up shooter. The less he shoots outside of 8 feet the better.  He was at his best operating pick and roll as a ball handler.  His value goes way down due to shooting despite all the other good stuff he adds.  I think PG is his best spot. 

Unless he finds his junior year shot PG is his best position