Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Just now, NVFalcons1990 said:

TO me he needs added somewhere to the top of our list.  Has he officially hit the portal yet with Schertz heading off to St. Louis?  I am assuming he follows, but we need to really reach out. 

He just said when he hits the portal he’ll very interested, when Eric is interested that’s his code for were in deep basically 

1 minute ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

TO me he needs added somewhere to the top of our list.  Has he officially hit the portal yet with Schertz heading off to St. Louis?  I am assuming he follows, but we need to really reach out. 

I would be shocked if he follows schertz.  If you are going to transfer, get paid.

Between Williams, Payne, and Bradshaw?

Bradshaw is the only one who can hit a jump shot. He is also the only one who has not proven he can defend the 5 spot or bang inside at the power 5 level.

Bradshaw is interesting, but give me Payne or Williams any day and twice on Sunday. Between Williams and Payne? I like Payne—he plays so so hard.

10 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Lol nope, just throwing that out there.......Not sure who all was in his final? 

I didn't see yours before I posted mine lol thought I deleted it  after I saw yours . No worries . Was making a nice check at UK . Probably going to chase playing time. Maybe drop to a mid major . Could be a Greene County connection at Michigan . Will be interesting to see . 

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Eric just dropped a Conwell hint for this week

This is where things get interesting.  Galloway is going to play a lot and then we have 3 guards already as backups.  

I feel like we have 2-3 starter spots to sell and then 3-4 bench spots.  

Staff will need to figure out the starter/depth piece part of the puzzle.  

not easy in the portal.  

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is where things get interesting.  Galloway is going to play a lot and then we have 3 guards already as backups.  

not easy in the portal.  

True but Woody tried to use a deep bench last year and it drove us crazy.  Maybe if he has talent on the bench he can sell "look i tried last year to even out the minutes but did not have the talent and had to scale it back".  I agree it will be a tough sell.

Still not seeing a lot of Cade Tyson the shooter from Belmont on here.  Is everyone just assuming he goes to UNC since he's from Monroe, NC?  Sophomore 6'7" 205 put up 16.2/5.3/1.3 and has shot 48/115 from 3pt his freshman year, good enough for 41.7% then this year hit 80/172 from 3pt his Sophomore year good enough for 46.5%

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/5107970/cade-tyson

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

not easy in the portal.  

Normally I would be right there with you @WayneFleekHoosier, but given the dearth of quality across the roster I think there is a little bit of just 'add dudes and pray the staff can figure it out in the coming months.'  Not the ideal strategy, but when Leal, Anthony Walker and Cupps are your only semi-dependable reserves you know a talent infusion is desperately needed.

1 minute ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Still not seeing a lot of Cade Tyson the shooter from Belmont on here.  Is everyone just assuming he goes to UNC since he's from Monroe, NC?  Sophomore 6'7" 205 put up 16.2/5.3/1.3 and has shot 48/115 from 3pt his freshman year, good enough for 41.7% then this year hit 80/172 from 3pt his Sophomore year good enough for 46.5%

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/5107970/cade-tyson

Not to mention over his 2 years he is an 85.7% FT shooter

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

True but Woody tried to use a deep bench last year and it drove us crazy.  Maybe if he has talent on the bench he can sell "look i tried last year to even out the minutes but did not have the talent and had to scale it back".  I agree it will be a tough sell.

I’m actually a big proponent of playing 7-8. But when your 7-8 aren’t good enough you need guys that are good on the bench.  Woody messed about everything he could up last season. No doubt in my mind he tries to play 10 again.  Hopefully he has finally learned hockey subs are stupid.  I’ve got bones to pick with Woody.  

13 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

I didn't see yours before I posted mine lol thought I deleted it  after I saw yours . No worries . Was making a nice check at UK . Probably going to chase playing time. Maybe drop to a mid major . Could be a Greene County connection at Michigan . Will be interesting to see . 

Looks like his only campus visits after decommitting from UCF were just UK and us?  But I do agree, that Greene County connection with Dusty at Michigan may be in play here. You're right it will definitely be interesting.  

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

not easy in the portal.  

True. But

• Newton will need a year of playing back to health,
  • Leal does not need to play, and
  • Cupps is likely a 10-15 mpg point guard backup if we get Rice or Carlyle.

That leaves Gallo as the backup at the two and three, which could easily be 20-25 mpg. That's a winning formula.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

True. But

• Newton will need a year of playing back to health,
  • Leal does not need to play, and
  • Cupps is likely a 10-15 mpg point guard backup if we get Rice or Carlyle.

That leaves Gallo as the backup at the two and three, which could easily be 20-25 mpg. That's a winning formula.

Maybe. I don’t see why Cupps needs 10-15 except just to play him.  I like Galloway as a PG so he doesn’t try to be a spot up shooter. The less he shoots outside of 8 feet the better.  He was at his best operating pick and roll as a ball handler.  His value goes way down due to shooting despite all the other good stuff he adds.  I think PG is his best spot. 

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Seems like a really good kid - and his attitude when he wasn't getting minutes was stellar. This could be a viable fit for IU, + he is buds with Mgbako:

image.png

Transfer portal sources: Indiana has been in contact with 7-foot-1 Kentucky transfer Aaron Bradshaw