Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And if our 6 mil Nil is accurate and Louisville 3.5 mil that’s gotta put us as a top 5 spender cuz Louisville don’t play

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm curious to see if that extra money makes any difference this portal season.  Losing sucks and I thinks kids would rather be on a winning team that has a fun style to play in.

48 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

image.png

Big boy salary. Good for him. Only downside of a Lville job vs UM or OSU is the uncertainty of the ACC. But overall a really good spot for him i would think. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

And if our 6 mil Nil is accurate and Louisville 3.5 mil that’s gotta put us as a top 5 spender cuz Louisville don’t play

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I wonder. Granted it should but if we had guys at the end of our bench making near $100k last year and If we have to overpay to keep current players that extra may get gobbled up quick.  I think we are up $2mil from 23/24 and we lose Ware (who probably had a big piece of that), X who probably had a good size. Getting MR, MM and Gallo back could take half that $6 million. 

We are going to need to pay up for 2 starters and a couple top reserves. 

5 hours ago, 8bucks said:

We are going to need to pay up for 2 starters and a couple top reserves

And only one of those starters will be a guard and almost has to be a pg (or someone capable of defending one).  

I have no idea where this team of great guards is coming from. 2/3 perimeter starting spots are returning. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

image.png

The main guy who covers Michigan said on Wednesday that UL’s top choice is May but it might not be Mays top choice, and he believed Michigan had a shot. When he says something like that and backs someone it’s typically from the AD

Well... Dusty at UM, to my mind, pretty much means if he does end up being great... he will never end up coming to IU. Probably less than 1% chance. And if he doesn't end up being great, which is very much possible, well... we're not missing out in that case.

I am not sold that he will be great (nobody is a guarantee and all that) but I definitely would have preferred him not be in the B10. 

Michigan basketball NIL is a mess and the boosters focus on football. If Dusty does well, I  could see him being open to leaving for IU in the future. But Michigan isn’t a top job in the conference when they have academic issues for transfers and lack NIL funds for basketball. Tough job. Good luck to Dusty.