Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

So different family members are sharing Dusty's plans to leave FAU with IU fans while his team is still playing. Interesting. 

I don’t think they’re telling Joe Blow off the street but it’s pretty widely known. I don’t think anything was finalized till this afternoon. Just happened to be there when they found out. 

49 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I spoke to a family member tonight and  asked if Dusty was coming north? They said yes just not as far north as we were hoping. Said things just never materialized with IU. 

Good for him. IU isn’t really a good job right now anyways. 

1 hour ago, IndyHoops said:

If Fife was on staff anywhere, I would agree. But it’s pretty clear Fife isn’t in demand. He wasn’t on staff anywhere last year and MSU fans don’t have a very high opinion of him. I am not a Woodson fan…but I find it hard to believe any “smear” campaign from IU would stop someone from getting Fife.

Would they be toxic fans?  :)

Payne was at Louisville 2 years and they fired him. IU wouldn't even entertain the thought of moving on even with the same record.

22-23: 4-28, 2-18

23-24: 8-24, 3-17

Total: 12-52, 5-35

That's awful and worthy of being fired. We'd have fans on this board saying he won more games this year and if we fired him after 2 years we'd never be able to get a coach.

One program is serious, the other is deeply deeply unserious.

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Payne was at Louisville 2 years and they fired him. IU wouldn't even entertain the thought of moving on even with the same record.

That's awful and worthy of being fired. We'd have fans on this board saying he won more games this year and if we fired him after 2 years we'd never be able to get a coach.

I want woody gone like everyone else but these situations aren't even comparable.

Plus, can't the argument be made that they kept payne 1 year too long? So are they an unserious program?

Goodness he went 4-28 and got another year. Our board would be losing their collective minds, just like right now.

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

22-23:

• UL/Payne: 4-28, 2-18
  • IU/Woodson: 23-12, 12-8

23-24

• UL/Payne: 8-24, 3-17
  • IU/Woodson: 19-14, 10-10

Are you really comparing the "seriousness" of the two situations? And doing so in the Coaching Carousel thread, NOT the Fire Mike Woodson thread?

Please stop; this is a joyless take by you.

14 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t think they’re telling Joe Blow off the street but it’s pretty widely known. I don’t think anything was finalized till this afternoon. Just happened to be there when they found out. 

So is the hope for Dusty dead or do you think he would still take the IU job in the future if offered?

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My opinion once he goes to Louisville the dream is dead for at least a while. 

It’s ok, we have Woodson for 4-5 more years. Thats enough time for May to prove himself and get tired of UL. 

4 minutes ago, SamIam said:

So is the hope for Dusty dead or do you think he would still take the IU job in the future if offered?

I'll say they have a deal in place but for some reason, if Scott Drew calls back and says he has changed his mind I think Louisville would go that route instead. Or some other big name besides Drew. 

When I say deal I mean verbal agreement or handshake but nothing in writing

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just tell Dusty to stay away from West Virginia.  Huggins still wants to coach and there are fans that want Huggy back. That's going to be a bad situation for whoever takes that job.  

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That's so interesting. I know he preaches loyalty but you have to think he knows that the job may never be offered again if he turns it down once. 

Now we have him at a great program in our recruiting base...if he is successful Dolson is going to pay for not getting it done.  

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Have to hope for a miracle. I don't even know what that looks like we'll see. 

I think it might be time to call ourselves the "Nebraska Football of college basketball" instead of hoping for a miracle, that the administration wouldn't even take if it was presented to them on a silver platter.