Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

If they're gonna run the the program into the ground then let's run into freakin' ground and give the guy whatever he wants. Extend him till he's 100 yrs old. Guys got more stars on his team than any other conference team and can't do sh*t with um. The portal isn't saving his a$$. Doesn't take a business/basketball minded genius to see that, yet that's what they feel is best. It's becoming almost impossible to care anymore. My IU basketball enthusiasm will be strictly given to the women's team until this administration is gone. I found myself literally laughing this year watching games. That's not the kind of fan I want to be. Makes me sick. 
Any good team blew Woodson out by 20 plus. The portal isn't fixing that no matter who he gets.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Dusty and FAU have not really looked that good the last few weeks.  Not just the loss tonight but I have been watching them the last few weeks and they have won several games but few have been decisive. They have fallen out of the top 25 a week or so ago.  Not a bad team but are we sure Dusty is the guy?

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Dusty and FAU have not really looked that good the last few weeks.  Not just the loss tonight but I have been watching them the last few weeks and they have won several games but few have been decisive. They have fallen out of the top 25 a week or so ago.  Not a bad team but are we sure Dusty is the guy?

Blasphemy! No im not at all sure he is the guy.

2 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

I think they will retain most of the guys with him. I think a lot of guys bought into him. I think OSU will be better then Iu next year unfortunately 

EVERYONE will be better than IU next year.

I think OSU hiring Diebler is a good thing for us long term though. Much better than if they went out and got a proven stud coach.

1 minute ago, hoosierhoo said:

EVERYONE will be better than IU next year.

I think OSU hiring Diebler is a good thing for us long term though. Much better than if they went out and got a proven stud coach.

But Diebler never played or coached in the NBA.  Can they do that?

13 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I thought that firing Holtmann during the season showed OSU cared more about basketball than IU. Hiring Diebler shows me I was wrong, that's such an IU move.

I'm happy they hired him.

They found a guy in his 30’s that can motivate players to win. Seems like a fair bet to me.

It may or may not work, but if you get past message board warriors screaming for Billy Donovan? To me they done good. Way better to roll dice on a young guy who can last 25 years than a 60 year old overpriced guy.

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

May would be a natural fit for IU. But THE GUY?

Not an option this year, but THE GUY for me is Micah Shrewsbury.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

May would be a natural fit for IU. But THE GUY?

Not an option this year, but THE GUY for me is Micah Shrewsbury.

I think if we go young fella/up and comer we (me included) are hopefully going to be able to ride ups and downs better.  Painter, Collins, Hoiberg took a little time to get things rolling.  

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Are we sure he is the guy? Of course not, impossible to be sure.

But Florida Atlantic was an absolute garbage program prior to Dusty. Like a southern IUPUI. Before Dusty, they never had a team finish above #180 in Kenpom. Having that program in the top 25 at all is an absolute miracle.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

But Diebler never played or coached in the NBA.  Can they do that?

“If you want to talk to Greg Oden, you get on a plane and come see Greg Oden.”

6 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

“If you want to talk to Greg Oden, you get on a plane and come see Greg Oden.”

Not true. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago when I went to a Butler Women's game when I was in Indy.