Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

41 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Well, we did worse - far worse - after Crean…. Looking at this season we may have done worse after CAM

This season, Woody’s hot seat season, would arguably be better than any of Archie’s four seasons.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This season, Woody’s hot seat season, would arguably be better than any of Archie’s four seasons.

In 2019-2020, IU went 20-12 and finished 34th in Kenpom,  IU is currently 85th in Kenpom.  Argue all you want, but you would be wrong.  

4 hours ago, Demo said:

Since IU is gonna have a bunch of open scholys, maybe keep an eye on Khani Rooths. UM commit who had an IU offer but it never seemed to get a ton of traction. 6’8” wing with NBA tools.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/college-basketball-khani-rooths-juwan-howard--228712720/

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Late to the party.  New deal will be approved on Monday for Oats at 'Bama.

Good! Maybe Michigan can offer Woodson. He’s made two NCAA’s in 3 years! 

47 minutes ago, JF87 said:

In 2019-2020, IU went 20-12 and finished 34th in Kenpom,  IU is currently 85th in Kenpom.  Argue all you want, but you would be wrong.  

Okay; we’re 19-13. 20-12 is one game better and with a better KenPom. Not a universe apart.

The point of my response was to address whether Woody has been better than Archie.

1) Archie Miller is not the standard, but

2) Mike Woodson’s teams have been considerably better than Archie’s. In aggregate it’s not close.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

We’re 19-13. 20-12 is one game better.

Kenpom is a performance-based rankings and advanced statistical metrics used to assess the quality and efficiency of basketball teams (and sometimes other sports teams). These ratings take into account various factors, including offensive and defensive performance, pace of play, strength of schedule, and other key performance indicators. KenPom Ratings provide a more nuanced and comprehensive understanding of a team’s abilities beyond just their win-loss record.  Currently, IU is 85th, in 2019-2010 we finished 34th.  Although this isn't the tool the committee uses, finishing 34th will usually get you in the tournament as an at-large invitee, 85th will not.  I hope that helps.  

1 minute ago, JF87 said:

Kenpom is a performance-based rankings and advanced statistical metrics used to assess the quality and efficiency of basketball teams (and sometimes other sports teams). These ratings take into account various factors, including offensive and defensive performance, pace of play, strength of schedule, and other key performance indicators. KenPom Ratings provide a more nuanced and comprehensive understanding of a team’s abilities beyond just their win-loss record.  Currently, IU is 85th, in 2019-2010 we finished 34th.  Although this isn't the tool the committee uses, finishing 34th will usually get you in the tournament as an at-large invitee, 85th will not.  I hope that helps.  

Did you even read my response? I said:

The point of my response was to address whether Woody has been better than Archie.

2) Mike Woodson’s teams have been considerably better than Archie’s. In aggregate it’s not close.

So yes, KenPom is a good analytic.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Oates talk to Michigan may be DOA on Monday.   Reports are Alabama BoT meets Monday to approve new deals for Oats and his assistants as well as DeBoer and his assistants.

DeBoer hasn't coached a game yet and he's already getting a new deal?

The point of my response was to address whether Woody has been better than Archie.

is that ok with you? is that your line? Personally it seems like a race between a one legged man and a man with no legs. 

So yes, KenPom is a good analytic.

I apologize.  I thought you were making the case that this year was better than any of Archie's years.  I agree that Woodson's overall tenure has been superior to Archie's tenure.  

1 minute ago, JF87 said:

I apologize.  I thought you were making the case that this year was better than any of Archie's years.  I agree that Woodson's overall tenure has been superior to Archie's tenure.  

No worries!

Another poster said that one could say that Woody has been a step down from Archie. For all of Woody’s faults, that’s just not true. Archie was suck-hall of fame.

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

So you're saying that Miller is the baseline for achievement at IU?

:p

Pretty much putting my credibility on the line by awarding Archie Miller and Mike Woodson the title of “co-awesome.”

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

We would’ve been in the tourney the Covid year. That was a done deal. This year has been awful. Hopefully we’re surprised by the ending but as of now we’re not even a bubble team