Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

13 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

May would be a natural fit for IU. But THE GUY?

Not an option this year, but THE GUY for me is Micah Shrewsbury.

Stuhoo, you may have stated before why Shrews is your guy or "The GUY" to lead IU, but....I can't remember if that's because of his connections to Painter & Stevens, to the state of Indiana, his age or something much more?

4 minutes ago, fwgreenway said:

Thanks, appreciate the reply. All of your reasons make sense. Just hoping this administration some day lights up one of these 'dream' options.

I think the larger point is; Woody packing it in this year would be great, but if he packs it in after next season there will always be excellent candidates.

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

You guys saying IU won’t announce that it’s moving on from Woodson unless it happens Monday (unlikely) are forgetting something—

April Fools day is just around the corner!

Oh great the clowns in charge will announce he's leaving on April Fools day just as a joke.

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

image.png

image.png

This is why the money should never get to make the choice. Gatens might be the next Coach K, but the idea of hiring a 35yo Asst with 2 years coaching at the HM level over guys like DeVries and Forbes has insane “smartest guy in the room” energy. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

This is why the money should never get to make the choice. Gatens might be the next Coach K, but the idea of hiring a 35yo Asst with 2 years coaching at the HM level over guys like DeVries and Forbes has insane “smartest guy in the room” energy. 

Couldn't agree more - DeVries is a winner.  Has consistently won 20+ at Drake, makes the tournament regularly in a 1-bid MVC, and plays a fun brand of basketball (see the Indiana St. MVC Title Game)1313800181_ScreenShot2024-03-17at1_57_30PM.thumb.png.4b5e894c8f5172f1d2f2b01a45194455.png

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/longformarticle/kenny-payne-scott-drew-josh-heird-2024-louisville-cardinals-basketball-coach-hot-board-20-228567188/#2384523

Demling’s thoughts on the Louisville search. He’s never been hyperbolic, so I tend to think this is a pretty reasonable reading of the landscape. 

Saw a podcast last night and the two guys said write it down,Eric Musselman to Louisville.

Don't ask me who they were because I was a couple bourbons in and can't remember.They seemed in the know and were pretty adamant about it.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

All of that:

-Mentored by Stevens and Painter

-Connected in the State

-Young yet experienced, both as a head coach, P5 coach, B1G coach, and as an NBA assistant coach 

-Zero character blemishes

-Did an outstanding job at PSU, and that’s a tough place to win

-Modern offense

-Serious demeanor, personable guy

-By all accounts a hard worker.

While there’s no ‘guaranteed success’ candidate, for a younger head coach? To me, he’s a dream candidate.

If you had to pick, right now, are you going May or Shrews for IU?

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Couldn't agree more - DeVries is a winner.  Has consistently won 20+ at Drake, makes the tournament regularly in a 1-bid MVC, and plays a fun brand of basketball (see the Indiana St. MVC Title Game)1313800181_ScreenShot2024-03-17at1_57_30PM.thumb.png.4b5e894c8f5172f1d2f2b01a45194455.png

How many of those seasons are without his kid? He is probably too good for that conference, so I’d wonder what it looks like without having your kid as stud recruit.