Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dane was one of his AAU coaches the last two seasons

Yea but he also left that program. You could be right but haven’t heard any of that from them. Granted we haven’t talked about where Trent would play much anytime I’ve talked to them. Louisville would make sense being as it’s an hour drive and super easy from their house but atm I just don’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

If Dane is an assistant at Louisville, how long until he is telling recruits that he'll be the next coach after May?

Sure, but May could be there for 20 years.  Dane would be what, 70?  :)  

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Or that they don’t deserve NIL. Not sure hiring Dane is a positive.

Not sure I heard that he said that.  He was more about the school and education, etc. than the money.  He's not necessarily wrong as we can see what is happening.  Maybe a little tone-deaf for the times right now, but not wrong.  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

Not sure I heard that he said that.  He was more about the school and education, etc. than the money.  He's not necessarily wrong as we can see what is happening.  Maybe a little tone-deaf for the times right now, but not wrong.  

There is a reason Dane is currently doing MSU radio than on a college basketball staff. 

15 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

There is a reason Dane is currently doing MSU radio than on a college basketball staff. 

Fair enough.  Just want to make sure what he said/did is represented properly.  

25 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe by his choice?  

Indiana has made a lot of losing decisions.  I’m not going to take a side here but the smear campaign against Fife was another lowpoint in the Woody tenure. Of which, he’s accumulating plenty. 

If Fife was on staff anywhere, I would agree. But it’s pretty clear Fife isn’t in demand. He wasn’t on staff anywhere last year and MSU fans don’t have a very high opinion of him. I am not a Woodson fan…but I find it hard to believe any “smear” campaign from IU would stop someone from getting Fife.

If Fife was on staff anywhere, I would agree. But it’s pretty clear Fife isn’t in demand. He wasn’t on staff anywhere last year and MSU fans don’t have a very high opinion of him. I am not a Woodson fan…but I find it hard to believe any “smear” campaign from IU would stop someone from getting Fife.

My point is maybe Fife took a year to decide what he wants to do. It might not be a demand thing.

And, as far as the “smear” campaign , it was low class.

And imo, Fife handled himself well throughout the scenario.

MSU fans? What do they know? He was a part of a lot of winning teams and the players respected him.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My point is maybe Fife took a year to decide what he wants to do. It might not be a demand thing.

MSU fans? What do they know? He was a part of a lot of winning teams and the players respected him.

Woodson was part of a lot of winning teams as well…..    :)

8 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

But do you know if he's not on staff by his choice?

Maybe he didn't want to up and move his young family so quickly after living in East Lansing for so long.

He was a fairly successful coach at IPFW, coached under Izzo for ~10 seasons, then went to IU for a year. I have a hard time believing he couldn't get a job on a bench if he wanted one. 

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Maybe he didn't want to up and move his young family so quickly after living in East Lansing for so long.

He was a fairly successful coach at IPFW, coached under Izzo for ~10 seasons, then went to IU for a year. I have a hard time believing he couldn't get a job on a bench if he wanted one. 

So…you can believe he can’t find a coaching job or you can believe he is choosing not to take the coaching jobs offered. I have no dog in this fight, but if I was trying to get a head coaching gig, I wouldn’t be doing play by play on the radio 

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He’s handled himself well publicly. But he’s said some things that are quite ridiculous after a few drinks here in town. 

Also we don’t even know he will be on Dusty’s staff. I do know Dusty has accepted the job. But it might be Mike Roberts on staff for all we know.

5 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Yes we know this. Izzo was more than ready for Dane to move on. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He’s handled himself well publicly. But he’s said some things that are quite ridiculous after a few drinks here in town. 

Also we don’t even know he will be on Dusty’s staff. I do know Dusty has accepted the job. But it might be Mike Roberts on staff for all we know.

Whoa, Dusty accepted the job?

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Whoa, Dusty accepted the job?

I spoke to a family member tonight and  asked if Dusty was coming north? They said yes just not as far north as we were hoping. Said things just never materialized with IU. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I spoke to a family member tonight and  asked if Dusty was coming north? They said yes just not as far north as we were hoping. Said things just never materialized with IU. 

I wonder if it's the same family member that told one of our posters here that Dusty would be a Buckeye by this week. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

I wonder if it's the same family member that told one of our posters here that Dusty would be a Buckeye by this week. 

I don’t think so because this family member has always told me that he liked UL over OSU. 

25 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t think so because this family member has always told me that he liked UL over OSU. 

So different family members are sharing Dusty's plans to leave FAU with IU fans while his team is still playing. Interesting.