Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

22 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Is Diebler really not being considered for OSU job? Seems they'd think long and hard about giving him a shot.

Not sure why he would be. Of course once upon a time we hired Mike Davis. But then again OSU views themselves as a big time operation.

25 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I’d rather go to vandy than Depaul. I consider myself a realist and understand depaul probably pays decent, but it can also end your career.  I’m not sure what holtmann is thinking. I would think a high profile MM or a year doing TV would be preferable to Depaul.   

He eventually crapped out at osu but his time wasn’t that bad. He also had a successful butler stint. I would think next year a decent 2nd tier school would take a chance on him.  

Maybe I’m overreacting but that’s an odd move to me. 

Agree 100%. Guys have failed at Vandy  but they haven’t been ruined. Nobody survives DePaul. They haven’t been able to recruit Chicago in forever. Just looked at their roster and they have 1 kid from Chicago who played and he was a grad transfer from Wyoming. Couldn’t even get him out of HS. Between Chicago and Lake County they should be able to recruit a winning roster without ever getting on a plane and they can’t. Hope Holtmann enjoys coaching in that nice new arena 30mins from campus that no one goes to. 

16 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Not sure why he would be. Of course once upon a time we hired Mike Davis. But then again OSU views themselves as a big time operation.

Because he's taken a dead team to 5-1 since he took over? I get it, teams will do these things but he also deserves consideration for what he's done imo. I mean we beat OSU at Value City so.....

7 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Because he's taken a dead team to 5-1 since he took over? I get it, teams will do these things but he also deserves consideration for what he's done imo. I mean we beat OSU at Value City so.....

For most programs, an assistant who gets a nice 6 game streak, isn’t that of an appealing candidate when you can attract guys with much more proven track records.  

I don’t know…he wouldn’t even be on my list of consideration due to this stretch unless he was a candidate before he took over. Seems like something reactionary programs would do. Ideally you have a long and thorough decision making process that excludes any small sample size, especially ones of less than a season.  

Would you want IU to hire him if we fire Woodson and they hire May?

25 minutes ago, str8baller said:

For most programs, an assistant who gets a nice 6 game streak, isn’t that of an appealing candidate when you can attract guys with much more proven track records.  

I don’t know…he wouldn’t even be on my list of consideration due to this stretch unless he was a candidate before he took over. Seems like something reactionary programs would do. Ideally you have a long and thorough decision making process that excludes any small sample size, especially ones of less than a season.  

Would you want IU to hire him if we fire Woodson and they hire May?

Not sure that's a fair question. Had IU fired Woodson and Walsh took over? Then let's say IU started playing modern ball, better defense and won 5/6 including against PU and @MSU???? I may be intrigued 

47 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Man, I'm glad the Diebler take over happened after we beat them the 2nd time and not right before!

42 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Not sure that's a fair question. Had IU fired Woodson and Walsh took over? Then let's say IU started playing modern ball, better defense and won 5/6 including against PU and @MSU???? I may be intrigued 

Of course, it is. No other major program would hire Diebler, so why would OSU? He can go to Akron and they can hire him later if he’s a rising star.  

I wouldn’t be the least intrigued in Walsh in that scenario. Just like I’m not interested in Rosemond even though he’s undefeated coaching this team. And just like I want interested in Davis after his season at IU. And just like I wasn’t interested in Dakich after his short stint. 

11 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Of course, it is. No other major program would hire Diebler, so why would OSU? He can go to Akron and they can hire him later if he’s a rising star.  

I wouldn’t be the least intrigued in Walsh in that scenario. Just like I’m not interested in Rosemond even though he’s undefeated coaching this team. And just like I want interested in Davis after his season at IU. And just like I wasn’t interested in Dakich after his short stint. 

What if Hill woke up. You ALMOST have to look at him.

33 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Agree to disagree. 6-1 now. No better test than to have the guy coach in actual conference games. 

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Agree 100%. Guys have failed at Vandy  but they haven’t been ruined. Nobody survives DePaul. They haven’t been able to recruit Chicago in forever. Just looked at their roster and they have 1 kid from Chicago who played and he was a grad transfer from Wyoming. Couldn’t even get him out of HS. Between Chicago and Lake County they should be able to recruit a winning roster without ever getting on a plane and they can’t. Hope Holtmann enjoys coaching in that nice new arena 30mins from campus that no one goes to. 

Chicago basketball isn’t what it used to be.  DePaul has a few things going for it with a new arena close to campus, not way out in the burbs.   They really need to hit the suburban schools and try to build a team — kind of northwestern recruiting targets.  Need to have more of a system coach who can make the team better than the individuals.  

Anyone seeing anything about Amir Abdul Rahim and potentially moving up?  He is doing a really good job, yet again, here with USF and has his team sitting ahead of FAU in the conference. He brought in some cupcake to Bloomington and nearly beat us but I forgot he landed here at USF. Hoping he stays so I can have a team to follow down in FL

6 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Anyone seeing anything about Amir Abdul Rahim and potentially moving up?  He is doing a really good job, yet again, here with USF and has his team sitting ahead of FAU in the conference. He brought in some cupcake to Bloomington and nearly beat us but I forgot he landed here at USF. Hoping he stays so I can have a team to follow down in FL

Florida St fans talk about him as the Guy whenever Hamilton retires as if it’s a fait accompli. Obviously not true, but that would certainly make sense for everyone. 

From Verbal Commits who emphasized it's not been confirmed.

Louisville met with Scott Drew in Waco and offered him upwards of $9M with upwards of $4M in NIL. We are told NIL will be $3M-$4M no matter who the coach is, but that Mr. Bridgeman will only pay the super high salary figure for SD.  We are told Scott Drew has not said no at this time, and that Dusty and Mick are Louisville’s top 2 targets after that.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Louisville met with Scott Drew in Waco and offered him upwards of $9M with upwards of $4M in NIL. We are told NIL will be $3M-$4M no matter who the coach is, but that Mr. Bridgeman will only pay the super high salary figure for SD.  We are told Scott Drew has not said no at this time, and that Dusty and Mick are Louisville’s top 2 targets after that.

Junior Bridgeman is from East Chicago -- near where I grew up, and near Valpo, where Drew grew up. Dude has an incredible nose for business -- has made over $600M after retiring from the NBA

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I read that thread too and what struck me as really interesting is that apparently U of L s lawyers think that UCLA moving to the B1G would somehow create grounds to nullify Cronin's buyout. No idea how that sort of thing works but that would be quite the little twist.

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wow. good info.

So our 6 mil nil should keep us in the advantage assuming all things true.