Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

It was a Grow the Game retweet.   Howard is President of men’s basketball operations for them and Dusty is a mentor for the program and Advisory board member.    Having said that Howard will be looking to move up the chain and if May offers him a position he should jump on it 

That appears to be exactly what will happen. I mean Woody has to figure out his own system. Howard was great, and recruits and families loved him but nothing is really working for Woodson, so now that he’s decided to be portal dominant it’s really a different ball game. Curious and scared to see what Woodson has learned and what changes he tries to make.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That appears to be exactly what will happen. I mean Woody has to figure out his own system. Howard was great, and recruits and families loved him but nothing is really working for Woodson, so now that he’s decided to be portal dominant it’s really a different ball game. Curious and scared to see what Woodson has learned and what changes he tries to make.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I just knew the changes to the staff wouldn’t be changes that made sense. The glaringly obvious staff member that should have been swapped out was Coach Ya. The recruiting boon just hasn’t been there for him. He’s overpaid for what he delivers. He needs to come through huge in the portal this season. I seriously doubt it happens though. 

Never been more disinterested in Indiana Basketball, in my entire life. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

If Dusty May wasn’t a manager at Michigan then he would have never considered for that job. 

Yeah, a guy who was the finalist for Louisville and Michigan and had them in a bidding war to land him is totally not worth firing Woodson for.

We are going to be flavor of the month dumpster diving at this time next year.  And the same people saying we shouldn't do May will be wishing we had.

1 minute ago, iubhounds2 said:

Between MSU, Purdue and now UM hitting the Indiana recruiting scene not only to watch but TO SIGN them ... won't be much left for IU by the time they change coaches.

Yeah I’m pretty fed up with What I’ve seen since 2000 and on except for a couple teams. I told myself that if they didn’t get rid of a coach that has zero desire to actually go out and recruit that I was gonna gonna find a new team to watch. The problem is that the passion isn’t the same. I can watch Purdue or IN state etc and enjoy certain things about the programs but it’s not the program I fell in love with when I was a kid turning on channel 4 and watching Knight throw a chair across the floor!!! I have most of my life invested. I’m seriously Sad.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If Dusty May wasn’t a manager at Michigan then he would have never considered for that job. 

If he wasn’t a manager at IU the upset fans 100% wouldn’t be acting like this right now. Folks are acting like we just lost god incarnate. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If he wasn’t a manager at IU the upset fans 100% wouldn’t be acting like this right now. Folks are acting like we just lost god incarnate. 

Well, when you compare to the current occupant of the office.. .

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yeah, when one of the sought after young guys at a time when you REALLY need to move on your coach is an alum and you not only don't get him but you are stuck with the lazy azz you wanted to get rid of in the first place, it tends to piss you off.

Hope you feel that generic flavor of the year next year is the answer because the "sure things" aren't leaving their jobs in case you haven't noticed.

IMG_2854.thumb.png.79652a34ad708723bd6635164c671c76.pngI thought this was interesting and hasn’t been brought up. He will have a strong start in recruiting - every new coach does - but I’m not sure this strategy is going to pay off if he isn’t winning really quick. 

4 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

I am one that thinks he will do well at the P5 level, yet if you look back over the years at the "March Madness One Hit Wonders", few have worked out well or have gone onto conference and NCAA championships. Odds are against him from succeeding but I will never forget those years Matta had as OSU while IU floundered around trying to decide who to keep or who to hire. For me it isn't that we was an IU manager but what his did 6 years at a school with no basketball history.

There’s plenty of ammunition on both sides of the Dusty May argument. Now we get to see it play out in real time. If he does great then sure it’ll stink for us. If he doesn’t then he dodged a bullet. If IU keeps sucking it won’t be because we didn’t hire Dusty May. 

Every fan base when the school they cheer for has a hot young coach with university ties goes anywhere else besides their university is going to be upset and make a big deal about it.   Go back to when IU hired Archie Miller and look at Ohio St message boards.  They couldn’t believe they didn’t move in from Matta to get him same with NC State fans they were furious for the administration to not hire the hottest young coach in the cycle that played at NC State.    Looking back they both lucked out.    When the time comes for IU to search for a new coach I have no doubt there will be a list of solid young coaches that will emerge next year or the year after.   

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, when one of the sought after young guys at a time when you REALLY need to move on your coach is an alum and you not only don't get him but you are stuck with the lazy azz you wanted to get rid of in the first place, it tends to piss you off.

Hope you feel that generic flavor of the year next year is the answer because the "sure things" aren't leaving their jobs in case you haven't noticed.

With IU’s facilities, fan support, and NIL, I have a very hard time believing that Bruce Pearl wouldn’t come here tomorrow if IU called him up and offered $6-7 million a year. 

IU will never do that, and that’s why we will likely continue to suck. 

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

I just knew the changes to the staff wouldn’t be changes that made sense. The glaringly obvious staff member that should have been swapped out was Coach Ya. The recruiting boon just hasn’t been there for him. He’s overpaid for what he delivers. He needs to come through huge in the portal this season. I seriously doubt it happens though. 

Never been more disinterested in Indiana Basketball, in my entire life. 

What do any of our assistants give us? If Kenya had any actual coaching chops, he would have gotten a shot to be a HC by now.

And he’s not exactly pulling in the recruits either.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

With IU’s facilities, fan support, and NIL, I have a very hard time believing that Bruce Pearl wouldn’t come here tomorrow if IU called him up and offered $6-7 million a year. 

IU will never do that, and that’s why we will likely continue to suck. 

Like Louisville is pulling in the big names?  The Bruce Pearl ship is sailing by. 

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Like Louisville is pulling in the big names?  The Bruce Pearl ship is sailing by. 

Louisville hasn’t even hired a coach yet so we have no idea who they’re going to end up with. And if the recent tweets are to be believed, we’re at $6 million NIL while they’re at $4.5 million in salary and $3.5 million in NIL. With salaries today, $4.5 million isn’t going to poach a top coach.