Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Posted (edited)

the problem now is that you look like you don’t know what you are doing and that Dolson doesn’t have the power he should have to run the program as his job description states. I’d be very leery of coming into this situation where there are so many shadow figures who pull the levers. 

Edited by MrBBall

IU starts spring break today and through next week. Not many people will be in the office. Now is the time to get to work Dolson. Even though I'm guessing he is at the women's BTT. 

10 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Still praying Woodson steps down at the end of the season. 

That’s really our only hope. I don’t think the administration is going to backtrack from deciding to keep him for a fourth year. Maybe he comes to his senses and realizes he is destroying his beloved basketball program.

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

It would be ironic if, the end result of all this internal politics, were to be Quinn sealing Woodson's fate and putting his career out to pasture in embarrassing fashion after a premature story leaked about him staying. 

Why you shouldn't hire family. 

Or Mike Woodson 

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

It would be ironic if, the end result of all this internal politics, were to be Quinn sealing Woodson's fate and putting his career out to pasture in embarrassing fashion after a premature story leaked about him staying. 

Why you shouldn't hire family. 

That couldn't happen to a more deserving pair. Legacy as players be dam*ed.

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

IU starts spring break today and through next week. Not many people will be in the office. Now is the time to get to work Dolson. Even though I'm guessing he is at the women's BTT. 

He should just pull the trigger and let the chips fall.  It can't possibly get any worse.

Hilarious seeing Eric backpedaling on blaming the fans. I wouldn't donate to his collective. As I said last night that is a lame a** excuse. 

I hope this sinks them. They are embarrassing tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

He should just pull the trigger and let the chips fall.  It can't possibly get any worse.

I agree. Probably career suicide for Dolson if it doesn’t work out but hard to be the AD that will get pinned for this atrocious hire and era of IU basketball. Ask for forgiveness later type of scenario if he can get the right guy 

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm still not sure about how things went down Wednesday. It's almost like to much stuff was getting out and the leak happened to quiet things down and then some people got told to shut up and stop talking. I'm also not sure what to make of the meeting that Yeagley said was to take place on Tuesday. Things just seem off about this whole situation. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

I'm still not sure about how things went down Wednesday. It's almost like to much stuff was getting out and the leak happened to quiet things down and then some people got told to shut up and stop talking. I'm also not sure what to make of the meeting that Yeagley said was to take place on Tuesday. Things just seem off about this whole situation. 

I will agree that things have gone quiet. At least on my end.

I think one of two things happened. It was never a big deal to the administration, he was always coming back but they started to hear from people asking questions so they released the statement.

Or they did to quiet things down and not try to figure out which way to go. 

Knowing the backing he has from one particular family I would still be surprised if anything happens. 

28 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Yep down 5 to 8 players next year imho

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

And then Woodson's excuse will be that "the guys are young" or "they need more time to learn how to play together." 

Losing McN and then having a bunch of guys depart will create the perfect storm for Woodson to get another year. I can hear QB say, "It wasn't a fair year to evaluate him on. It was a new team..."

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think one of two things happened. It was never a big deal to the administration, he was always coming back but they started to hear from people asking questions so they released the statement.

Knowing the backing he has from one particular family I would still be surprised if anything happens. 

So would I but things still seem off. The Pearl stuff was clearly coming from somewhere and not just on the Indiana side of things. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

These people are idiots.  

skjodt768x768.jpg

The definition of insanity. They think he can just go buy players. Well he couldn't buy McNeeley.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Screw the Simons. All my homies hate the Simons. 

8 minutes ago, KYHoosier said:

I agree. Probably career suicide for Dolson if it doesn’t work out but hard to be the AD that will get pinned for this atrocious hire and era of IU basketball. Ask for forgiveness later type of scenario if he can get the right guy 

Has anybody heard from Scott Dolson?????

The need for him to speak grows exponentially with every passing hour that he does not.