Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

49 minutes ago, iu-dl said:

Man....Seriously, F Mike Woodson for putting his ego in front of the future of the entire program. The more I read about this guy, the less I like him. He's not in it for IU, he's in it for Mike Woodson.

Yeah this whole thing that IU basketball has been about for years that we play for the name on front of the jersey just isn’t true anymore. Sure in hell is true about Woody and his big ego or his buddies protecting him. Indiana’s philosophy now in getting players is to throw bags of money at them to come to our once proud program. It’s all one big fing joke and it all starts for Woody.

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

For Dolson to make a move this year it had to be a big name to get board approve that is why Pearl was mentioned. But we still reached out to Dusty but Dolson found out that didn't move the needle after reaching out

The Woodson supporters keep pushing it has to be a big name or a "proven" P5 coach because they know the odds of getting a P5 coach from a winning program are extremely rare.  Coaches don't leave winning P5 programs for another unless they are returning to their alma mater.  One of the few exceptions was Bill Self, but that was a no-brainer.  

3 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

Has that meeting already taken place? If so, heard anything?

Jerry gave a great recap a couple of pages back. Was asked to retire of course said NO. Expectations were put in place for next year which won't be met. 

Just now, KnightsChair said:

Thanks for sharing the insights you have. It makes this board a lot of fun!

To any of us who dreamed about playing basketball for the Hoosiers, this next year might be our opportunity! I still have some eligibility left. Could bring some wisdom to the team.

With the way he likes to sub your right, we might get some minutes. Better get your name in the portal now so IU can check you out

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

To me there's 1 person that makes a ton of sense after next season because they will bring some players with him and likely have some 2025 in state kids ready to commit or flip to IU to play for him. He obviously doesn't have the resume at this point of some other coaches but he is a very well respected coach and is a great recruiter. Not saying he'd be my first pick but he would make some sense. 

Shrewsberry might be a tough sell to the fanbase

1 hour ago, 94Bulldog said:

And now his latest comments say he has to evaluate things with his family and advisors.  Either thats an attempt at getting more NIL $ or he’s really considering leaving.  If you forced me to bet, I think he leaves.  

They asked him point blank.. do you want to play here next year--- he replied within .00001 secs with--- "yes sir"

6 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

To me there's 1 person that makes a ton of sense after next season because they will bring some players with him and likely have some 2025 in state kids ready to commit or flip to IU to play for him. He obviously doesn't have the resume at this point of some other coaches but he is a very well respected coach and is a great recruiter. Not saying he'd be my first pick but he would make some sense. 

Shrewsberry?

They don't have a clue.  It's going to get so toxic and ugly next season they have no idea what they're about to unleash.  I don't see any way Woody makes it through the season.  It will then be such a nasty scenario with a completely bare cupboard I can't see them landing anyone good.  Looking like a Tom Crean like rebuild next Spring.  This people are idiots.

Doesn’t this whole scenario in fact make Woodson and Buckner “bigger that the program”? How can the administration be so afraid of that that they are willing to make it so for their guy. You’re right, these people are idiots. Fire them all today.

6 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Not sure who you're talking about.   Schrewsberry is the one guy I assure you we want no part of.  Would be an epic disaster.

1 minute ago, KnightsChair said:

Thanks for sharing the insights you have. It makes this board a lot of fun!

To any of us who dreamed about playing basketball for the Hoosiers, this next year might be our opportunity! I still have some eligibility left. Could bring some wisdom to the team.

How well can you feed the post?

6 minutes ago, HoosierDad14 said:

Shrewsberry might be a tough sell to the fanbase

I agree but with the rebuild IU could be looking at he might be the perfect candidate to get things turned around. That said he has to have some success next year at ND to even be in the conversation. 

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think Pearl is probably tired of being asked about it and it never coming open. It's going to be a much bigger rebuild next season so why leave Auburn

JY’s info Seems to match up with what you said earlier to some extent.  Also seems less likely we would get BP next year (age) so is the only path this year if several current players leave?

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think Pearl is probably tired of being asked about it and it never coming open. It's going to be a much bigger rebuild next season so why leave Auburn

So much this. As much as I have wanted Pearl the last two hires it seems like that ship has sailed. Coaches just do not leave P4 jobs with FF caliber rosters. If what I have trolled from AU boards is to be believed the HC in waiting for his son is a large sticking point that I assume IU would never agree to. I have a hard time believing he would leave because of the UA contract and not having a basketball only facility. Who knows though. 

Just now, 8bucks said:

JY’s info Seems to match up with what you said earlier to some extent.  Also seems less likely we would get BP next year (age) so is the only path this year if several current players leave?

I don't see that happening. But two players will enter the portal today