Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Archie Miller Assessment Thread

15 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Someone start a rumor to get people talking. It's Friday I want to go home from work, drink a beer, and speculate with everyone

Sources tell me IU basketball will be enjoyable again in 2025...I don't believe it but take it for what you will.

An actual rumor that I think was mentioned previously on this board but maybe not, hard to keep track....Scott Dolson met with players and is under the impression that there will not be a mass exodus and guys like Malik, Trey and Mgbako will be returning to form a solid core of players for next season. I don't know if hearing the opposite would have made a darn bit of difference but IU's administration somewhat recently believed the core of the team (minus Ware, obviously) is returning.

This thread is moving so fast I can't keep up because of a stupid thing called work.  I'm currently at page 623 so I'm getting closer.  I know a lot have mentioned the Zoom call about Leal, Gallo, recruiting and Woody gushing all over X.  I just got done watching it sitting at work.  I absolutely can't stand Woody.  The interview just got my blood boiling.  At one point I said to loudly "THAT MFER" and received a sideways glare from a co-worker walking down the hall.  

I really do like the fact that Dolson hasn’t said anything about the “announcement”. There’s just got to be something else going on that he’s in the midst of. Hope to be pleasantly surprised at the end of the season. I can’t believe how ugly this has gotten. I was skeptical yet happy about the hire of Woodson cuz I thought he was a good dude who was gonna do what was best to put IU where they needed to be. Now I’m to the point where I can hardly stand the guy and want him to have nothing to do with where IU is supposed to be. That’s just really sad and unbelievable. He really is going to tarnish how people see him as an “IU great”.

I really do like the fact that Dolson hasn’t said anything about the “announcement”. There’s just got to be something else going on that he’s in the midst of. Hope to be pleasantly surprised at the end of the season. I can’t believe how ugly this has gotten. I was skeptical yet happy about the hire of Woodson cuz I thought he was a good dude who was gonna do what was best to put IU where they needed to be. Now I’m to the point where I can hardly stand the guy and want him to have nothing to do with where IU is supposed to be. That’s just really sad and unbelievable. He really is going to tarnish how people see him as an “IU great”.

He probably isn’t saying anything because he doesn’t agree with this and doesn’t want to say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osterman was pretty clear on the ITH pod that the news came from within the athletic department (careful not to name Dolson though as I recall) and was confirmed by multiple outlets after IndyStar broke it. Dolson being MIA is interesting, but by all accounts it seems accurate. He also stated he believed it was to get in front of all the "wild rumors" floating around about Pearl, et al. I definitely believe they had no idea the LM news was coming, and if anything, thought it would entrench his status as our 1 recruit. Proud of us for potentially being the source of "wild rumors" though! 

43 minutes ago, Ya Boy AD Scotty D said:

Will Woodson coach next year? Most likely yes. 

Is Tuesday's meeting still happening, in some form? My understanding is also yes.

Osterman, when asked to jump, will simply ask... "how high?" I anticipate this news cycle to be steady until March Madness. 

As of today, do I expect a change to be made? No.

But do I believe that has been officially decided yet? My understanding is not yet. 

All I am saying is... never say never. Oh, and Cathy, have your people call my people. 

Enjoy the weekend everyone. 

-Ya Boy AD Scotty D

I was just giving you a hard time. Appreciate your info.

46 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I still think there's a chance (maybe more hoping) that the press release was put out to get the attention off the program looking (or getting) another coach. This gives Woodson the chance to say he is retiring, and the administration can say, well we wanted him back, but he retired. Optics...

I may be selling our administration short, but there is no way an AD could look at the trajectory of this program and say, "Yes, the future is bright." We have no HS prospects even sniffing. Are we going to get a whole roster from the portal every year?? That's insane! If this administration sits on their hands again and allows this to happen, we will have another 10 years of mediocrity. I don't have enough years left in my life to sit by and watch that kind of **** show.

I hopefully suggested something similar. 

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

What a dagger from Matt Painter

Exponent Sports Desk @Exponent_Sports

Matt Painter says it’s hard to balance recruiting during the season, but if you don’t, “you’re not gonna like” your program’s future He also said it’s important for him to continue traveling to see recruits play in person.

Mike Woodson doesn't think that applies to Mike Woodson.

13 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

As the fearless leader of this board's IUBB Q/StuAnon movement, I'll indulge your request. 

If the Athletic Department has made a decision, stands to reason the Athletic Department would have set up an auto-response confirming the Indy Star story published two days prior, which surely plenty of fans will be asking about/voicing their thoughts on? 

That is legit interesting. So no reply at all? IU ANON!

31 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Another plane left Clark Co airport heading for Boca Raton earlier. Is that the Pfau’s going from their home in Southern Indiana to their Florida home? Or is that us going to talk to Dusty? I don’t know :-)

That is Woodson heading to his next tee time. He has been exhausted from all of his... something. Mike Woodson needs a little Mike Woodson time.

2 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

Would you like everyone on this board to just circlej*rk with only the same constant negativity you and a few others do? 

Don't mean to be harsh, you seem like a cool dude, but man it's gotta be draining sometimes, carrying that chip on your shoulder

Just do what I did. Put him on Ignore.

Assuming Woodson is the coach next year, do I 

A) Hope we nail the portal and make the tourney next year?

B) Hope we flop and don’t even make the BTT next year?

B seems better long term. But damn it would be hard to do.

1 hour ago, realTomCrean said:

Doyle doxxed the creator of the Fire Mike Woodson petition. The creator PMd Doyle to take down his article doxxing his full name and previous job employment to which Doyle aggressively responded "no". Is there any legal implications that could come Doyle's way? I didn't read his stuff before because I think he's a quack but now there is a 0% chance I ever look at anything from the IndyStar. I used to enjoy it, but like all journalism lately it has rubbed me raw - they couldn't pay me to read their column. 

Sounds like the creator of the petition wanted to play but didn't want to own it. To me, that's cowardly.