Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Demo said:

If this proves to be true and a really good  young coach is looking at 1 of the worst jobs in the country, wow.

But it's a head coaching job.

And it's a sign that either:

1. Woody and his current job won't be there next year
  2. Woody is staying, but is clearing out assistants and he's one of the goners, OR
  3. He's thinking 'any head coaching job is a stepping stone to greater things,' and therefore it has nothing to do with the current situation at IU.

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

If this proves to be true and a really good  young coach is looking at 1 of the worst jobs in the country, wow.

I would bounce due to the fact that I worked my A$$ off to bring in a much needed 5* wing and my head coach pissed all over it.

Yeah, I wouldn't do it for IUPUI though.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

The bottom line is that his record this year isn't cause for dismissal -- it's the how and why the record is what it is, the lack of vision forward, and unwillingness to change.  Making the tournament two straight years and then going 17-13 wouldn't get a coach fired IF there looked to be a future.  I'm not happy about 17-13 but am livid at having no recruits and a stubborn coach who doesn't know the college game and refuses to accept responsibility and effort.

This is a much more concise way of how I'm thinking than I've been able to say it. My thoughts have very little to do with having a poor season. That is forgivable. To me this has gone far beyond how he coaches the team and deep in to how he leads the program. We have the perfect opportunity to move on from him while spinning a very positive message as to why we are doing so. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

2. Woody is staying, but is clearing out assistants and he's one of the goners, OR
  3. He's thinking 'any head coaching job is a stepping stone to greater things,' and therefore it has nothing to do with the current situation at IU.

Unless you’re just dying for a head coaching gig RIGHT THIS SECOND, not that one. Whether it’s IU or elsewhere, Walsh is a highly regarded  guy and he would land great. I wouldn’t wish IUPUI on anyone. 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Unless you’re just dying for a head coaching gig RIGHT THIS SECOND, not that one. Whether it’s IU or elsewhere, Walsh is a highly regarded  guy and he would land great. I wouldn’t wish IUPUI on anyone. 

Well then, it's option 1 or 2 above.

It's a worse job than FAU? Because even a bad job can be a stepping stone.

31 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I hope that Dolson is going to current players and getting a feel of what’s going on. I’m sure he has heard the rumors of a mass exodus from our current roster. Can we still fire Mike Woodson after stating he will be back? If rumors are true and McNeely isn’t coming, then why not move from Woody now before next year is even worse? Just an my opinion, it seems awfully strange that Liam decomitts the day after Mike Woodson is retained. It almost seems like he was waiting around to see if we hired a new coach before announcing he was leaving us. 

A "leak" said he was back. Nothing official from the AD. That said, I'm not holding my breath that Woodson won't be back next year.

Multiple outlets (IDS, etc.) confirmed the report with an unnamed athletic department spokesperson. So the idea that the announcement is all just one unconfirmed leak isn't right.

That having been said, the entire matter couldn't have been handled more strangely, so that does naturally invite skepticism about whether that announcement is the final word, especially as circumstances continue to unfold.

But the report was confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well then, it's option 1 or 2 above.

It's a worse job than FAU? Because even a bad job can be a stepping stone.

They literally share their practice gym and have to schedule practice time. Sometimes they practice off campus at a high school gym. At least that used to be the deal. Maybe they’ve upgraded and I just haven’t heard about it. What Ron Hunter did there was a freaking miracle.

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Folks, I am pleased to announce that our long, national nightmare is over.

I found the setting that limits reactions to posts. It only affected "senior members" and was capped at 250 per day. This has now been set to unlimited, so you can like, laugh, thank, and be confused as much as your hearts desire.

That is HUGE... but not the 'long national nightmare' I was hoping to see solved this week.

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

A "leak" said he was back. Nothing official from the AD. That said, I'm not holding my breath that Woodson won't be back next year.

Thanks for this clarification. I didn't realize this was a leak. I assumed some sort of announcement.  

On a separate note, I'm curious why a couple of new posters joined since last night vouching for the idea Coach Woodson stays if the Woodson camp feels he is safe and is truly coming back. Anyone with ideas?

22 minutes ago, Demo said:

I get bouncing, but not that job.

Yeah, but he probably wouldn't even have to update his HR paperwork. They'd just send it in one of those string-tied yellow envelopes an hour north. He's nothing if not efficient.