Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Some posters are concerned about the perception of firing Woodson after 3 years. Allegedly he didn't talk to McNeeley after McNeeley signed, and he recently no showed recruiting until he was told; recruits talk too.

Not talking to your only commit and not showing up on the recruiting trail is a bad look. I'd argue it's a worse look than "IU is a bunch of meanies that fired the guy who could be bothered to do an essential part of his job".

Mullins dad reposted Painters comments about coaches needing to go out and watch players play during the season.  He was like yea it’s hard but you have to do it.  I still cannot believe is not canned yet. 

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Some posters are concerned about the perception of firing Woodsin after 3 years. Allegedly he didn't talk to McNeeley after McNeeley signed, and he recently no showed recruiting until he was told; recruits talk too.

Not talking to your only commit and not showing up on the recruiting trail is a bad look. I'd argue it's a worse look than "IU is a bunch of meanies that fired the guy who could be bothered to do an essential part of his job".

Well i beginning to think some of those posters that think that way, may have been planted by the administration to try and change the minds of the posters who were for Firing Mike Woodson.  It just seemed weird how we started getting some posters that were trying to sway our thinking over the last several days until the announcement was made.  With all this smoke, Dolson was probably told by the BoT to get things calmed down.  Talking about a conspiracy theory,  hmmmm!

Got a little wrapped up in work the past two days, so wasn't able to keep pace. 

On Wednesday, I opened this site to read: "Indiana coach Mike Woodson to return next season"

Yesterday, I was stunned to see: "Liam McNeeley decommitting from Indiana" 

Got busy again today, and as I opened the site, I was hoping to see: "Indiana's Woodson announces resignation"

Alas -- no such luck. 

4D chess:  with no 24 or 25 recruits Woody doesn’t have to worry them decommiting.
Exactly. While Painter is out getting on 2025 and 2026 players in the next few months Woodson will be scrambling for fill a roster. Not that he was going to recruit hs kids anyway but still the portal or bust sets you back months.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Some posters are concerned about the perception of firing Woodson after 3 years. Allegedly he didn't talk to McNeeley after McNeeley signed, and he recently no showed recruiting until he was told; recruits talk too.

I think the posters here concerned with the perception of firing Woodson are very few and far between.  I've late on the 'guy needs to be fired' train on Crean and Miller -- only guy I wanted gone early than most was Tom Allen -- but I am there with Woodson.  And it has nothing to do with wins and losses.  At 61-39 in three years and 30-29 in the Big Ten, while I don't think is great, by itself it's enough for me calling for him to be fired.  But looking at the whole picture in terms of recruits, failure to listen, failure to recruit, failure to put in the hours expected of a college coach, failure to adapt.......that's what says to me he has to go.

4 hours ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

So is the plan next year to grab all Indiana State players from the portal when Schertz leaves for bigger payday?  All 5 starters can hit 3’s

the offenses the 2 programs run are night-and-day different in terms of scheme, execution and results.

Woody is getting his fourth year because the powers that be gave Archie a fourth year when they shouldn't have. Just because they made mistake then doesn't mean they should make the same mistake, but they are.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

@Chris007 either this is your tweeter account or this guy has been reading our private messages. lol

All I needed to know.  Thanks for the co-sign to what that guy put out there.

20 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Mullins dad reposted Painters comments about coaches needing to go out and watch players play during the season.  He was like yea it’s hard but you have to do it.  I still cannot believe is not canned yet. 

Recruiting may be the lifeblood of a program, but if recruits want to talk to Mike Woodson they have to come to Mike Woodson.*

*Schedule ahead of time as Mike Woodson has golf and cigars and wine. Important stuff.

Woody is getting his fourth year because the powers that be gave Archie a fourth year when they shouldn't have. Just because they made mistake then doesn't mean they should make the same mistake, but they are.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Archie fourth year was far more deserving than Woodsons imo. Archie would have made the tournament and had tjd and a few others returning. Worth the gamble imo

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk