Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

26 minutes ago, Go_Hoosiers said:

The #1 reason Cronin won't be hired is that we've hired two straight coaches with dreadful offenses. Our next coach is going to be someone who has a track record of offensive efficiency, recruiting shooters.

UCLA was 11, 12, and 21st in offensive efficiency the last three full seasons.  He runs a slower tempo and is known more for defense but when he's had the right personnel the offense has been solid. 

Just now, Hornsby said:

In reality 8 wasted years combined with archie. Not sure we even can come back anymore. It's like we know you aren't the guy Woodson but you get another year anyway. This program will be dead as a doornail next season.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

But with the right hire, the sleeping giant can be awoken and start taking back CBB. Just need the right move to be made. 

11 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Pearl, May, or Cronin?

Psh, pick one of them and let's get to work.

Go Hoosiers. 

If given the opportunity....., does the next coach use CCC's line?

Anything you know about Indiana football basketball, any perception you have, you need to erase the tape because here's what it's going to look like!"

5 minutes ago, lillurk said:

If Auburn makes a deep tournament run I would imagine it increases the possibility that AU ponies up an extension to keep Bruce there.

Conversely, FAU doing so probably increases the chance May leaves. Though maybe last year indicates not — maybe he’ll wait another year, or for a specific offer.

Pearl just got a new contract in 2022. Not sure their handing those out every couple of years

35 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Mick Cronin gets it done. He seems like a surly guy; okay, not everyone is Teri Moren-level relatable.

He's (only?) 52 and he's from Cincinnati. I believe he would want the IU job, and I believe that IU could get him here. If we did our team would play with intensity for the foreseeable future. While there's no 'perfect' hire, he's as close to a guaranteed winner under the age of 55 as there is.

And he surely has one thing in common with RMK! He was on the verge of beating Teddy Valentine's @$$:

I think Cronin covets the Louisville job.  

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Is Pearl really backdoor lobbying? Because if he is, retaining Woodson would 100% be a fireable offense. 

Or is Pearl play the role of Brad Stevens this year? Play the rumor game to get a raise... maybe I'm too suspicious.

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The donor who shelled the money to get rid of Archie was under the impression we were getting BS. When we didn't and it turned over to Woodson we had to go to plan B which I believe the Cook family got involved.

One donor has connections to Dusty, but that is why the plan was-is to keep Woody one more year to keep from paying 12 million and then hire Dusty next season. 

...one more year, I don't know if the fanbase can do another year with Woodson being a possible "Lame Duck Coach" if things continue to go south. JMO

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The donor who shelled the money to get rid of Archie was under the impression we were getting BS. When we didn't and it turned over to Woodson we had to go to plan B which I believe the Cook family got involved.

One donor has connections to Dusty, but that is why the plan was-is to keep Woody one more year to keep from paying 12 million and then hire Dusty next season. 

But isn’t the buyout per the extension at the end of next year still 12 mil?

2 minutes ago, Mopladysman said:

But isn’t the buyout per the extension at the end of next year still 12 mil?

I don't think the extension kept the buyout the same since it didn't add any years on to his contract. But I could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

My biggest issue with your opinion Chris is you are 100% sure Dusty is that guy. You can say you are done when I am not. No problem. However, He is 50/50 at best. IU, the donors and hell Dolson (if he likes his job) can’t take ANY risk. You and others can rightfully show how great he projects to be. Still big risk. You can state other big schools want him, this is situation is way different. Not even close to same.

You can say any coach will have a risk. While somewhat true, it is about odds of that risk. They are very small with a proven guy and can’t see any way with anything outside a proven guy he is out this year. Nobody can afford another failure, both figuratively and literally.  A proven guy also allows for this fanbase to calm and not question everything because no matter how you spin it, fans have decided to get mad over the shirt Woody wears at this point. They would have a hard time doing that with a proven guy. Dusty can and would get eaten up over everything the same as Woody. IU has no problem destroying their own guys. 

Woody not being able to turn it is not 100% odds anymore than Dusty being 100% odds of success 

Does the w in Ngw stand for Woodson?

I think the worst thing is our losses aren't even close. Year three minnesota has totally turned it around and our year three is a dumpster fire. You should not be having to do complete rebuilds in year four.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

My biggest issue with your opinion Chris is you are 100% sure Dusty is that guy. You can say you are done when I am not. No problem. However, He is 50/50 at best. IU, the donors and hell Dolson (if he likes his job) can’t take ANY risk. You and others can rightfully show how great he projects to be. Still big risk. You can state other big schools want him, this is situation is way different. Not even close to same.

You can say any coach will have a risk. While somewhat true, it is about odds of that risk. They are very small with a proven guy and can’t see any way with anything outside a proven guy he is out this year. Nobody can afford another failure, both figuratively and literally.  A proven guy also allows for this fanbase to calm and not question everything because no matter how you spin it, fans have decided to get mad over the shirt Woody wears at this point. They would have a hard time doing that with a proven guy. Dusty can and would get eaten up over everything the same as Woody. IU has no problem destroying their own guys. 

Woody not being able to turn it is not 100% odds anymore than Dusty being 100% odds of success 

The odds of Woodson completing changing the offense, changing roster management, and rebuilding the roster (5 or more players) in the portal in the offseason has much smaller odds of happening than any coach succeeding.

And that assumes Mgbako, Malik, and Galloway stay….

Edited by IndyHoops