Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

19 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

The roster is decidedly worse than last years at this point, not sure why anyone thinks a 5* coming to be paid moves the needle. He is still being coach by a guy that doesn't understand college BB. At this point this is a sub .500 team.

While I have not been a fan of Woodson lately, it's March 28 and the roster still has 6 open spots. Probably need to wait a bit before making any big proclamations.

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

The roster is decidedly worse than last years at this point, not sure why anyone thinks a 5* coming to be paid moves the needle. He is still being coach by a guy that doesn't understand college BB. At this point this is a sub .500 team.

So you are of the position that a roster with 6 open scholarships isn't as good as one with 1 open scholarship? I guess I agree with that.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think it’s more of it’s sad that we have to pay more than others to help make our coach competitive. 

I mean, I can kind of see that. But I just can’t imagine the reaction (me included) if we were really behind in NIL or if our program felt like they didn’t really need to play that game. I don’t care the reason behind it. “Competitive” Woodson doesn’t keep his job. Really good coach Woodson keeps his job and the really good job part will have very little, if anything, to do with how much we paid players. I, for one, am glad we are acting like a big boy program and paying players in the era where you have to pay players. Even if we are paying more to try to make our coach more competitive.

1 hour ago, Shooter said:

While I have not been a fan of Woodson lately, it's March 28 and the roster still has 6 open spots. Probably need to wait a bit before making any big proclamations.

For me, the roster is secondary to the coach. This past season he had more star power than any other B1G school. He coached them to 10 losses in conference. 

2 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

For me, the roster is secondary to the coach. This past season he had more star power than any other B1G school. He coached them to 10 losses in conference. 

I agree, he had talent and yet he couldn’t get them over the hump!  

24 minutes ago, Papacap said:

Second look at Brownell?

He was a winner at Wright State. He was a winner at UNC-W. He's given Clemson more success than they deserve considering the lack of resources provided. 

I know wouldn't be popular to hire him, but I think he's a good coach. 

6 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

He was a winner at Wright State. He was a winner at UNC-W. He's given Clemson more success than they deserve considering the lack of resources provided. 

I know wouldn't be popular to hire him, but I think he's a good coach. 

I get Clemson is Clemson, but he's as middling a coach as you can get.  He's had double digit losses 19/22 years coaching. (And one of those years they only played 24 games).  If Indiana can't do better than Brownell, we are in worse shape than we think. 

42 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

Coaching aside, and I realize that’s a huge component to put to the side,…..

It’s a guards game but all of our star power was in the front court. We needed, and still need, guards. And yes, I realize it’s Woodys fault we didn’t have the guards.