Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m not mad we lost Dusty. He could’ve worked out, and the IU connection was cool, but he’s risky/unproven. I’m just mad we’re stuck with Woodson. 

Until he does prove himself, which could be as a conference opponent.

Then you might be a little mad. 

4 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Dusty may or may not be the right choice.  After underperforming with an All-American talent his first two years and multiple 4 and 5 stars this year, we know that Mike Woodson is not the right choice. 

Okay—sure. But that is irrelevant to the point I am making; that losing all hope because one good coaching candidate is off the board is (fancy word time) myopic.

15 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Wasn’t it said that Quinn wouldn’t stand in the way of a decision to remove woody was to be made? Would he be against it, yes. But from what I’ve read, he wouldn’t block anything.

But still, screw him for making it rough and fire Woodson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire Dolson, too.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay—sure. But that is irrelevant to the point I am making; that losing all hope because one good coaching candidate is off the board is (fancy word time) myopic.

I'm not that worried about one coach being off the board. But I am myopic -- have needed glasses or contacts for over 40 years! 

giphy.gif

Until we know what half our roster will look like for next year, the discourse on IUBB right now is just like being inside the head of an angry guy ruminating on everything that's wrong with the world lol. Even when we do know what the other half of the roster looks like, until the new season actually tips off (and probably until January 2025 realistically) people will remain skeptical at best, excessively critical at worst. Ugly, toxic, etc. It's hard when a lot of fans just want to fast forward to the end of next season before March Madness is even over

20 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Until he does prove himself, which could be as a conference opponent.

Then you might be a little mad. 

There will always be other good coaches in the conference. It’s only an issue if we don’t have one. 

While I wasn't crazy about Dusty, this is just one more thing to make me feel like we've taken another step in the wrong direction by doing nothing and sticking with someone we know isn't the answer. Everyone else is improving and we're.....well....not.

He'll recruit Indiana, have to imagine UM will given him the cash to compete NIL-wise and now we have to play against him in conference. This should have been part of Dolson's consideration - not letting a coach like this enter the B1G unless if it's at IU. Michigan would have gotten a good one no matter what but this is just a kick in the nuts. 

I'm so depressed. IU is a joke.  Something that once gave me so much pleasure is now hard to root for.  I like all the kids that put on the uniform but hate the style of play and the way the program is being run. We are going to have to have superior talent to win because of our system and coaching.  

Now watch Dusty poach one of Sisley or Mullins right from under us all while Woodson is telling us how he's doing his job.

If he poached one of them, I don’t think it would be poached from us. Probably be that other school in the state he will have to out run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so depressed. IU is a joke.  Something that once gave me so much pleasure is now hard to root for.  I like all the kids that put on the uniform but hate the style of play and the way the program is being run. We are going to have to have superior talent to win because of our system and coaching.  

Pretty much true and true. It could end epically bad for us and Woodson. I mean, that would be the odds on most likely ending.

Enjoy the process of a big program setting its ceiling at mid results and next year this time we can be “best job” on the market if all fails.

I’d say with where the fanbase now sits, Woodson better put together a top 25, top 20 ranked team from the portal to calm the hoard.

One thing I’m certain won’t happen Is Woodson exceeding whatever the predictions say about our roster.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

44 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m not mad we lost Dusty. He could’ve worked out, and the IU connection was cool, but he’s risky/unproven. I’m just mad we’re stuck with Woodson. 

I agree with this.  But I will also add I had kinda come to terms with him being at Louisville and I could sorta pull for him there.  

I cannot pull for him at Michigan.  

33 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Now watch Dusty poach one of Sisley or Mullins right from under us all while Woodson is telling us how he's doing his job.

It won't be from under us but at least he might pull from the turds in stinky WL.

I like Dusty but he is not a slam dunk. We will only know in the future if IU screwed the pooch yet again. We could have had Pitino, Calipari, Stevens, Pearl and the list goes on.

the BOT at IU has f’d us so many times and tbd if this is just another one. Not sure who the best fit is but it ain’t Woodson by a mile

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

But next year we could be in the Final Four, or Woodson could be lousy and we could be welcoming Shrewsbury to IU. It’s incredibly hard to know who is the “right” choice until years after that choice is made.

And in my opinion anyone that is so completely sure of someone being the only right choice, has a case of tunnel vision.

Love Shrews and think in a year if IU needs a new guy he’ll be near the top of my wishlist as far as intersection of gettable, good, long-term, pleasant scheme, so on. (Some folks will not believe he’s great until he has multiple deep tournament runs  I will continue to say that the trick is to identify coaches BEFORE they do that, and it’s possible if you know what to look for etc.)

Still like May but aside from Beilein’s tenure — which was not without its bumps! — and Juwan’s first year with Beilein’s guys, their modern history is not some sparkling unbroken run.

Bball is always second fiddle, hockey’s season overlaps and is a big deal, people do NOT turn up when they’re middling or worse, hoops NIL has been poor there…Hope he succeeds (and loses to IU) but don’t think it’s some guarantee even though I think he’s great.

All of that means if he really wants to be at IU he can probably still be had at some point in the future. Yes UM has deep pockets but IU is clearly a better job in many ways. I wonder if he doesn’t have huge success if the bloom comes off the rose somewhat and then will there be some doubt he’s a home run for IU? Conversely if UM wins consistently they’ll of course be more inclined to pony up to keep him. Maybe you get a Roy/Kansas/UNC thing.

Or maybe you just hire Shrews and beat him.

No coaching hire is 100 percent guaranteed to succeed. I get that Dusty has more risk than others, but it really sucks if he does succeed at UM. Because if he does he will likely take in state recruits and kick our butts too. And there is no guarantee we can get him later if he succeeds there. And you will bet UM will give him a huge buyout.