Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

11 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

It makes perfect sense that you would have an anonymously sourced "Woodson's back" report to lower the temperature while the final 2 weeks of the season play out.  Things were extremely intense.  We'll be out of the BTT in a week and assuming no NIT there is time to sit down and figure out where the program is going.  If the "he's back" report is 100% legit, there is zero reason Dolson's name wouldn't be attached to it.  We are being fed a lot of BS.  

With all that has gone on, there is no way he's back.  It's impossible.  No sane person keeps him.  Woodson's only pitch is he'll do the impossible -- that which has never been done before.  It's not happening.  

I want to believe this.  I truly do.  

Help my unbelief, O Golfman! 

6 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Take the red pill, swallow the kool aid and ask one simple question. 

Where is Scott Dolson? Why haven't we heard from him? 

Okay that's two simple questions...

At his house.

Too busy fixing BLTs. 

Just now, iubhounds2 said:

He is in Minnesota watching IUWB blow a 17 point lead in the 2nd half.

Not so much where he is physically located but why has he not confirmed the Indy Star report himself? Shouldn't be hard

It's become more obvious by the year that IU's inept administration just had extremely good luck when they hired Bob Knight in 1971. Given the fact that they've messed up the basketball program so completely since they fired him, apparently RMK's surly and controlling personality is the only thing that kept the basketball program at an elite level for all of those years. 

Now that the administration has taken back control of the program, they've been entirely inept. The sh*tshow of this season is just further proof of that. I never thought that I'd long for the "bad" Knight years of the late 1990s, but here we are...

And we have a Wisconsin newspaper writer to think for getting Knight, because he was on his way to Wisky

*edit just saw [mention]iubhounds2 [/mention]beat me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Wednesday night: news about Woodson

Thursday night: news about McNeeley

Friday night: women's team with a nuclear meltdown

What's going to be the bad news tomorrow night? 

I call that a trifecta!

Take the red pill, drink the kool aid and ask one simple question. 
Where is Scott Dolson? Why haven't we heard from him? 
Okay that's two simple questions...

Because Dolson doesnt have to say anything. Probably doesn’t want to say anything. You don’t have to make a statement when holding onto a coach that’s under contract.

9 minutes ago, Demo said:

Correct, which doesn’t make him rare. Stevens, Donovan, Mike Montgomery, there’ve been plenty of guys who left college for the League and exponentially more who’ve never entertained coaching in college. They didn’t want to sell themselves to 17 year olds. They didn’t to want spend their summers watching travel ball. They didn’t want to do meet and greets with alumni or raise money for the library. They wanted to coach basketball minus the superfluous crap. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s the nature of this gig. The single most fundamental miscalculation that the powers that be made when hiring Woody was buying into the idea that we’ve been fed for years that IUBB HC was his “dream job.” No, it’s not and it may never have been. IUBB HC was his dream TITLE. He loves to be RECOGNIZED as the IUBB HC but at heart he has no stomach for the job. I don’t know, maybe if they’d hired him in ‘09 he might have evolved into one, maybe even a successful one. But in 2024 at 65 years old he’s not evolving into one now. This needs to be recognized and admitted, either by Woody or the decision makers. Another year is a stone waste of time and money because no matter how it goes it’s simply not moving you forward.

Sorry, had to get that one out of my system. 

All sounds plausible to me.

Correct, which doesn’t make him rare. Stevens, Donovan, Mike Montgomery, there’ve been plenty of guys who left college for the League and exponentially more who’ve never entertained coaching in college. They didn’t want to sell themselves to 17 year olds. They didn’t to want spend their summers watching travel ball. They didn’t want to do meet and greets with alumni or raise money for the library. They wanted to coach basketball minus the superfluous crap. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s the nature of this gig. The single most fundamental miscalculation that the powers that be made when hiring Woody was buying into the idea that we’ve been fed for years that IUBB HC was his “dream job.” No, it’s not and it may never have been. IUBB HC was his dream TITLE. He loves to be RECOGNIZED as the IUBB HC but at heart he has no stomach for the job. I don’t know, maybe if they’d hired him in ‘09 he might have evolved into one, maybe even a successful one. But in 2024 at 65 years old he’s not evolving into one now. This needs to be recognized and admitted, either by Woody or the decision makers. Another year is a stone waste of time and money because no matter how it goes it’s simply not moving you forward.
Yep i always said he likes the idea of the job but its more like a part time gig to him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Demo said:

No need to apologize.  That is 100% the situation.

1 hour ago, TadQueasy said:

I want to believe this.  I truly do.  

Help my unbelief, O Golfman! 

He went 0 for 30 on recruits this year.  Show me one Div 1 program that had zero HS recruits come in, ever.   Let alone a Big 10 program.  Let alone one with 5 championships.  The look is horrendous.  QB isn’t Jesus Christ.  Sane people will come to their senses and tell him to shut up — here’s looking at you BOT. 

44 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Because Dolson doesnt have to say anything. Probably doesn’t want to say anything. You don’t have to make a statement when holding onto a coach that’s under contract.

Yes you do under the circumstances.   

57 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

All can be true. I am not ignoring things like system but I am also saying posts like that from Rabby saying that was the reason doesn’t add up. It wasn’t true he wasn’t visited and he knew the system when he committed. But now those are the facts and anything else is crazy talk. 

I can agree a system needs to change while also not believing that is main issue with recruits. Also don’t think fans are reason for him (that is another post) but might be for plenty others. 

Let’s assume he is gone. 

So how do we build back? I don’t think top coaches want to be here. Really believe that. So we get Dusty.

He himself said he wanted to quit same day of taking FAU job and almost did once be realized what he agreed to. He had a breakdown and went home and cried. Now, imagine him in year 3/4 and still missing tourney. You have to admit that is very possible. No way this fanbase gives him a break because his offense is nice. 

In 14 years what was our best team? Think about what led up to that. The fanbase fully backed off. They rallied behind one of the worst rosters ever. Few years later, program was number 1 in country.

All things can be true but we have a tendency to make things worse.  When multiple guys like TJD, Leal and now an IU family being recruited is saying the same thing, we can’t just toss it away and laugh which is what is done. You can be mad at the coach, want him 100%!gone and still realize this has to change. 

What am I getting at, Fire Woody, he retires, hire any coach, doesn’t matter, this fanbase has to stop attacking our own players, coach etc in year 2/3. Seems many always take that as lower expectations, nope. You can expect things without attacking and making it worse. 

We are not Kansas, UNC or UK. We don’t get that liberty right now.  

It’s almost as if you’ve never been to rupp rafters. The concept that fan negativity scares away recruits has no basis in any sort of reality.

Occam’s Razor would say Liam McNeely and his family watched this trash post-centric offense and our results all year and weren’t impressed by it.