Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

So from I am gathering now, Dakich is saying IU caught a break with ‘prep school’ McNeeley decommiting because  ‘Woody can turn it into a positive’,  says that woody handled his press conference today ‘perfectly’ because he ‘doesn’t owe the media anything.  **** Dakich.
Yep the old we didn't need him anyway post. I was wondering who would be the first to post that one.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

You're killing me Smalls. I made a conscience effort to stay away from this board after all of the shenanigans. And now I have to decide whether to post a Sandlot, Soprano's, or Super Troopers gif (we all know @Home Jersey is pulling for the Soprano's "Just when I thought I was out" gif). You are the devil.

The Sandlot Killing Me Smalls GIF

Sad Tony Soprano The Sopranos GIF - Sad Tony Soprano Tony Soprano The Sopranos GIFs

The Sopranos Tony Soprano GIF - The Sopranos Tony Soprano What Are You Gonna Do GIFs

The Sopranos GIF - The Sopranos Tony GIFs

Tony Soprano Evil Smile GIF - Tony Soprano Evil Smile GIFs

Most of you will think I am insane for this (newsflash: I am) but I took it upon myself this morning to very simply email Dolson, the executive assistants, and Jeremy Gray: 

Subject line: Indy Star Confirmation

Body: The story cited an Athletic Department source, but Scott Dolson's name was notably not included. Can you confirm that this story is accurate and does Scott plan to put out a statement? [Signature redacted].

No auto response, not that I was really expecting to get an answer to my question anyway. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCoop said:

I would bounce due to the fact that I worked my A$$ off to bring in a much needed 5* wing and my head coach pissed all over it.

Yeah, I wouldn't do it for IUPUI though.

Hell, lets consider him for the IU job at this point.  :)   

Just now, realTomCrean said:

Someone start a rumor to get people talking. It's Friday I want to go home from work, drink a beer, and speculate with everyone

Another plane left Clark Co airport heading for Boca Raton earlier. Is that the Pfau’s going from their home in Southern Indiana to their Florida home? Or is that us going to talk to Dusty? I don’t know :-)

57 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Multiple outlets (IDS, etc.) confirmed the report with an unnamed athletic department spokesperson. So the idea that the announcement is all just one unconfirmed leak isn't right.

That having been said, the entire matter couldn't have been handled more strangely, so that does naturally invite skepticism about whether that announcement is the final word, especially as circumstances continue to unfold.

But the report was confirmed.

I want a source.  Without a name attached to it, it is worthless -- plausible denial.  

25 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I don’t see anyone disputing this at all, maybe I’m missing something. The point was nobody spoke about it on the record, and there’s only a small # of people with the power to confirm he’s coming back.

Not going on the record is a choice. Why would, for example, a staff member in the AD make that choice? Probably because things could change.

I was responding to the post immediately above mine. Should have quoted it.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well sports fans here it is, the infamous late Friday bad news dump.

IU release:  Effective with the 2024-2025 basketball season, Indiana University's basketball team will no longer be called Hoosiers.  Our new nickname will be the Indiana University Donor Dollars.

Simon Skjodt Donor Dollars

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well sports fans here it is, the infamous late Friday bad news dump.

IU release:  Effective with the 2024-2025 basketball season, Indiana University's basketball team will no longer be called Hoosiers.  Our new nickname will be the Indiana University Donor Dollars.

They Had Us In the First Half | Know Your Meme

13 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Someone start a rumor to get people talking. It's Friday I want to go home from work, drink a beer, and speculate with everyone

As the fearless leader of this board's IUBB Q/StuAnon movement, I'll indulge your request. 

12 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Most of you will think I am insane for this (newsflash: I am) but I took it upon myself this morning to very simply email Dolson, the executive assistants, and Jeremy Gray: 

Subject line: Indy Star Confirmation

Body: The story cited an Athletic Department source, but Scott Dolson's name was notably not included. Can you confirm that this story is accurate and does Scott plan to put out a statement? [Signature redacted].

No auto response, not that I was really expecting to get an answer to my question anyway. 

If the Athletic Department has made a decision, stands to reason the Athletic Department would have set up an auto-response confirming the Indy Star story published two days prior, which surely plenty of fans will be asking about/voicing their thoughts on?