Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

Malik was garbage down the stretch. He doesn’t move the needle enough. I’m glad he got a raise but Woodson isn’t doing anything with this team if he’s the #1 option. 

Looks like Woodson is spending all of his NIL money trying to retain as much of this year's train wreck as possible.

1 minute ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

Looks like Woodson is spending all of his NIL money trying to retain as much of this year's train wreck as possible.

I never thought he was leaving unless he really wanted to be on a good team. There isn’t an offense in the country where he’d get more touches or a bigger green light than IU. I actually think him staying makes Woodys portal needs more difficult. His defense, foul problems, and rebounding are such a net negative Woody has to find pieces to make up for them. The offense is good, but he’s also a ball stopper. How many times did he try to split double teams instead of finding an open shooter. Malik back basically guarantees the offense is going to be more of the same. He is a catch-22 as a player for us. Woody needs an NBA caliber forward/center to play along side him. Not an impossible find, but also not likely. I don’t trust Woody to try and go smaller for a large part of the season. Which would require a starter level 3. The roster is a mess.  

34 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

There is no planet on earth where Woody gets us to the tournament next year, let alone a S16 or E8, and IU "fires" him.

Barring something extraordinary happening, I think it's fairly certain whenever Woodson leaves, it will be him "retiring."

If the crux of your question is do we see him leaving after next year if we finish top 4-5 and finish in 2nd round? Who knows... I'd think so, because he could leave with his head held high (whether you agree with those standards/expectations is a different conversation)... not because he's being pushed out the door. But who knows... so much time until the end of next season. 

I agree...think Woody is gone barring a miracle year. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hey everyone it's sunshine and roses we return Reneau. We can't be stopped.

I can't believe those other teams are wasting their time in the NCAA tourney while were out there getting our own players in the Portal

Losers

Cooking takes time. Chill and let Woodson cook.

7 hours ago, Mike Rodick said:

I would lean towards whichever coaches team wins between Henryville and Silver Creek this season as opposed to the current IU coach.

Their current coach was a teammate of mine when I played for Henryville. We had a good team for 1A school.

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Listening now two things I took away from it was first when asked about why coming back one of the first things he said was NIL.

He also hinted that he knows the fans don't care for the coach, but he thanks them for sticking by the team. I can support that. 

I'm going to have an Malik Reneau burger tomorrow night at Big Woods

Was surprised he didn’t list that as his favorite place to eat.  

3 hours ago, Adillac said:

no way woody doesn't get fired after next year if we don't make the tourney. 

question is: do we fire him if we finish in the top 4-5 in the B1G w/ another 2nd round loss? 

I still think he gets fired unless he either wins the B1G or makes it to the sweet 16 or elite 8 - neither of which is probably gonna happen.

Top 4-5 in Big Ten and 2nd round loss is probably borderline. I would guess he stays but that's a tough call. Agree that sweet 16 and competing for Big Ten he will be back, and 1st round blowout he will be fired. 

4 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

shouldn’t the intent of receiving more nil money to be to go out and get better players instead of paying more to keep the guys who got drubbed by Nebraska three times

Seems like it'd be smart to try and keep what talent they did have so they only need 6-7 portal players instead of an entire roster.