Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

2 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

It's all pointless anyway on if the meeting actually happened or what came of it.

Nothing will change the fact Woodson is coming back next year.

True, I guess I’ll go pay attention to my kids. 

Right? “I’m gonna watch and see who jumps on and off the Titanic.”
????
WHO THE **** JUMPS ON THE TITANIC?
Recruiting litmus test: if you are stupid enough to jump on the Titanic we don’t want you.

Also should be a litmus test for the GM/assistant coach position.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

It's all pointless anyway on if the meeting actually happened or what came of it.

Nothing will change the fact Woodson is coming back next year.

I agree it is pointless that he is coming back next year.  I was just curious if there really was a meeting or not

1 hour ago, tyappleg said:

Payne and Woodson must have the same PR coach. 

LOL at them having someone in PR helping them.

Side note but I do hope that players that come to IU are given a chance and not just associated with the anger we feel as a fan base currently with Woodson.  Yes, they are going a lot of NIL money to come but they won't be the ones that caused the mess.

9 hours ago, steubenhoosier said:

Yes he could have. That part was under his control, possibly.

The timeframe for rehab/recovery was not 

Woodson had his knee replacement April 11 - right when Dalton Knecht was making visits. By the time the annual Huber’s Winery event took place, Woodson felt good enough to joke to Don Fischer that he could out-run him:

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/now-healthy-mike-woodson-has-rebuilt-indiana-basketball-roster-and-raised-national-perception

If he could make those comments in June after having surgery in April, he easily could’ve had his surgery in mid May even or even after the Huber event, and been ready by the time practice started.

And don’t forget -  he’s not only a multimillionaire that has the ability to schedule his surgery different than you or I, he also has at his disposable the best rehab facilities available. So there’s no reason why he couldn’t have been ready by the time practice started had he delayed his surgery to focus on recruiting. 

That article also mentions how Woodson - in his own words - said he coached different with TJD on the roster and that this year was going to be more like his pro teams. Contrast that with his recent “inside-out” comments defending the offense we run.

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Woody doesn’t care enough to dig in and identify diamonds in the rough. Takes too much effort. Look at his high school recruiting. He just goes after the same top players as everyone else (and then goes 0-31). 

That totally makes sense.  Seems to put in as little effort as possible when it comes to recruiting.  Now it will be even less when all he does is portalling!

10 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

We really gonna hire Kenny Payne aren’t we? Lmao, this just keeps getting better.

He’s going to assume that GM position.  Mark it done, you heard it hear first 

4 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Knecht had "no intentions of visiting"? Or @Chris007 knows what he's talking about?

And don't take my word for it - let's hear it straight from the kid himself, shall we?

From the article:

"North Carolina and Kansas were in contact but playing it more deliberately, Knecht says. He took an official visit to Oregon and one to Tennessee, with a third trip to Indiana postponed by coach Mike Woodson because he had a scheduled knee surgery, according to Knecht.

The Tennessee visit was arranged quickly. Clark believed that if he got Knecht on campus and met the rest of the team, he would commit . . . Shortly after the visit, Knecht shut down his recruitment and became a Vol."

So, let's recap:

• Knecht had several schools contact him via phone calls and Zoom meetings.
  • He made a trip to Oregon, but didn't commit.
  • Mike Woodson had knee surgery April 11, 2023
  • Knecht made his trip the following weekend to Tennessee, heard their sales pitch, and shut down his recruitment.

Now, care to tell us again how @Chris007 had it all wrong? 

Sounds like solid objective evidence to me.  If you want visit IU, you need to do on Mike Woodson’s terms and conditions 

Woodson is a bleeping, self-centered, egotistical a**hole who only cares about Mike Woodson.  He’s got those players totally fooled and they are loyal to a fault 

25 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

He’s going to assume that GM position.  Mark it done, you heard it hear first 

Yep, he and Mike Woodson can have contests on who is less to blame for the team's shortcomings next year. 

Knecht had "no intentions of visiting"? Or [mention=7005]Chris007[/mention] knows what he's talking about?
And don't take my word for it - let's hear it straight from the kid himself, shall we?
From the article:
"North Carolina and Kansas were in contact but playing it more deliberately, Knecht says. He took an official visit to Oregon and one to Tennessee, with a third trip to Indiana postponed by coach Mike Woodson because he had a scheduled knee surgery, according to Knecht.
The Tennessee visit was arranged quickly. Clark believed that if he got Knecht on campus and met the rest of the team, he would commit . . . Shortly after the visit, Knecht shut down his recruitment and became a Vol."
So, let's recap:
  • Knecht had several schools contact him via phone calls and Zoom meetings.
  • He made a trip to Oregon, but didn't commit.
  • Mike Woodson had knee surgery April 11, 2023
  • Knecht made his trip the following weekend to Tennessee, heard their sales pitch, and shut down his recruitment.
Now, care to tell us again how [mention=7005]Chris007[/mention] had it all wrong? 
Dang ngw looks like he may not be all knowing! This hurts his credibility imo. Significantly. Not sure I can trust him now

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Dang ngw looks like he may not be all knowing! This hurts his credibility imo. Significantly. Not sure I can trust him now

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Let’s be clear: I’m not trying to hurt his credibility or “call him out”.

John Adams once said “Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”

I make judgments based on upon facts and deductive reasoning. And if I’m going to comment on something, I always try to support my statement with evidence therein.