Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

28 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Problem is, as an untrue fan I have.  I am numb to these guys.  Last night should have been an exciting game.  I should have been up and down off the couch the last 2 min, yelling screaming, jumping, etc. (Yes I'm freaking nuts).  Instead I was just sitting there, watching -- ok, lets see what they do.  When Leal made his play, I said good for him.  2 freaking weeks ago I would have been streaking thru the neighborhood and fired up for tonight.  I don't know if I can get it back this season.  

You just literally summed me up in this post.  However I use to stand most of the game yelling and screaming commercials were for sitting on the couch. 

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

I think people took it more personal because it followed Woodson’s speech.  Fans were already pissed before Leal started.  If only the players had spoken, probably not any kind of big deal.

Back in the day when Coach Knight was (king/in his prime), all the fans hung around because they couldn't wait to hear what he would say about the team and the players.....They were always very entertaining, as many of us old timers remember. Some of his quotes on senior night have been well documented.....because it was Coach Knight.

Coach Woodson needs to walk the walk way better, before he can "talk the talk" during senior night. 

39 minutes ago, bigrod said:

This makes no sense. 

Do you know why he is getting a big NIL? Because of the fans.

For me, personally, it was the tone, and what he said. Yeah, I'm sure Woodson's comments contributed.

I have been a fan of this program since the early 80's. Luckily, I got to see some really good basketball. For the last 20 years though, this program has been totally mismanaged. But all along, it has stayed relevant. Do you know why? Because of the fans. I didn't hear anyone telling the fans to chill out when they were filling Assembly Hall in Crean's first two years when they hardly won a game. The fans have endured this sh*t show when the vast majority of programs would have been left for dead years ago. That is because of these fans who need to chill out.

'24 was a critical recruiting year and what do we have to show for it? If anyone can look at the trajectory of this program and say with a straight face that the needle is pointing up, they are as blind as the administration that continues to mismanage it. So for me, having someone act like the fans are supposed to sit idly by and watch this play out again and again, yeah, I take exception to what he said.

Pretty soon though, I'm afraid he will get his wish and the fans will chill out. 

Push back on this a bit. 

NIL is not because of the fans. NIL is because a basketball player from UCLA sued the NCAA and courts found his complaint valid, thus creating NIL.

NIL is funded by folks with deep pockets who expect something in return for their investment....appearances, endorsement of product, etc. Yes, players have now gone to promoting themselves via selling gear, etc. They also promote and probably receive fees from social media. 

And its' the same axiom as anything else, if you don't want to support someone, don't buy  what they're selling.

25 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I will you can’t be the man until you want to be the man.  And he does finish pretty well around the rim, just needs to work on not turning it over and not letting the ball stick.

I don’t know, I thought Woodson’s speech was idiotic, but have no issues with Leal’s — 

4 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:
6 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Push back on this a bit. 

NIL is not because of the fans. NIL is because a basketball player from UCLA sued the NCAA and courts found his complaint valid, thus creating NIL.

NIL is funded by folks with deep pockets who expect something in return for their investment....appearances, endorsement of product, etc. Yes, players have now gone to promoting themselves via selling gear, etc. They also promote and probably receive fees from social media. 

And its' the same axiom as anything else, if you don't want to support someone, don't buy  what they're selling.

And why do they get that money? Do you think anyone would put that money out without some kind of return? If it had nothing to do with the fans, the NIL would be the same at, say, Indiana Wesleyan as it is at IU.

57 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Chris has become a rabble rouser!

And at my expense!

Is he telling ME to CHILL?!!

To CHIIIILLLL????

WHAAATT?!!  And get on the BUS?? wHAT!?

I don’t want to get on the bus, I want to drive my car - don’t tell ME to get on the F— ing BUS!!! F the BUS!

3 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

And at my expense!

Is he telling ME to CHILL?!!

To CHIIIILLLL????

WHAAATT?!!  And get on the BUS?? wHAT!?

I don’t want to get on the bus, I want to drive my car - don’t tell ME to get on the F— ing BUS!!! F the BUS!

How about the bandwagon?  LOL

I'm not going to tell anyone whether or not they should be bothered by Leal's Senior Day comments. Feel whatever you want to feel.

I did want to point out Anthony Leal's quote from last night after he hit the game-winner: “I’m not a hero. We’ve got some real heroes in this world, and I’m not one of them. But I do get to play the game I love for the school I love.”

In a season without much joy, I have enjoyed an actual winning streak and good for Leal for playing a role in it and for the team for finding a win over PSU (finally) without Trey.

8 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

NOOO that’s too slow! I want to drive my car!

Have you ever tried to pass someone in a bandwagon??

Not sure i have ever been in a bandwagon.