Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s not a perfect world and therefore while there were better decision options, getting that ball up on the rim against a severely undersized PSU defense was a way better choice than many other possibilities.

1 minute ago, JimmerNoe said:

I will say it’s refreshing to at least get the ball on the rim. I HATED late game possessions with Archie.

Great minds think alike

1 minute ago, JimmerNoe said:

Great minds think alike

Your Archie post is so spot on and it’s not just him. I constantly see players in pressure situations dribble the ball back out with 5 seconds left and end up in complete prayer-shot mode.

In this case? We inverted Malik and Ware and tried to clear space for X to get going, with the intention of Ware catching against midgets near the rim.

PSU was so focused on Ware when he went to the rim that Leal was untouched.

That’s a great, winning set.

7 minutes ago, Trish said:

Want to know how great of a job Woodson is doing? That's his third sub .500 win in the last few weeks while also having zero recruits coming in next season. 

I've always been told to "never yuck on someone's yum".  IU is winning and that's what we ultimately want to see....

but I agree with you

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Your Archie post is so spot on and it’s not just him. I constantly see players in pressure situations dribble the ball back out with 5 seconds left and end up in complete prayer-shot mode.

In this case? We inverted Malik and Ware and tried to clear space for X to get going, with the intention of Ware catching against midgets near the rim.

PSU was so focused on Ware when he went to the rim that Leal was untouched.

That’s a great, winning set.

Eh...not so fast with the positivity.  The set didn't get us a great shot.  We got a forced shot in traffic, then Leal made a play.  The outcome was great, but let's not act like it was a great set.  If you want to say "in theory" it was a great set, then sure.  But the actual executed play didn't get us a clean look.  

10 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Interesting?  I post this to say with U of L going after Drew or Huggins, maybe May doesn’t go there or OSU and is still in play next year.

IMG_7698.jpeg

Interesting. Not sure Huggins can stay sober, and doubt a mess like Louisville will be the place to try. And I genuinely doubt Drew is leaving Baylor for the likes of Louisville, as well. I am really concerned that May takes the job at tOSU and sticks it to us for the next 25 years. However, stranger things have happened. Indiana has to get ride of Woodson before anything can happen here.

48 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Because I will chill when I want to chill, no one tells me to chill unless I'm eating at Chilli's. 

But in seriousness, I didn't care for his tone. But over the days I'm slowly becoming OK with it

Agree 100%. To me, it reminded me of when the teacher in elementary school would scold the class, and the resident student brown noser would agree. But, my reaction was knee jerk immediate, and I've grown to accept that his speech was probably that as well. I'm not a grudge holder, thrilled to see Leal get the W for us.

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

My wife was upset w/ Woodson after his cursing @ Senior Night, and then, he cursed (damn) at his halftime "blurb". It was unnecessary and sounded childish. Granted, very mild swearing, but my wife is a pastor lol

Well, I would agree with her, and add that intelligent people can speak and deliver thoughts without profanity of any sort.

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

PSU's only tall player had fouled out.  How do you not run a play for Ware in that situation?  It worked out, but I think Ware would have been the better option. 

They did run a play primarily for Ware.

it involved movement, switching, and getting him near the rim.

Ware set the drag screen, got a switch, and took two+ defenders with him when he basket cut. That left Baldwin in the twilight zone and Leal unguarded.

38 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Alls well that ends well, but that last play in my opinion was mostly a product of Malik not knowing time and situation. There was plenty of time for that play to develop a little more and probably get Ware a deep post catch, but I think he got the ball and said “oh crap gotta put this up”. 

I'm not sure that Malik has seen many shots that he didn't like.

5 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

Well, I would agree with her, and add that intelligent people can speak and deliver thoughts without profanity of any sort.

Thoroughly agree! I have 2 sets of vocabulary, one for work (restoration/construction), and one for civilized conversation. Goes right through me when people curse around kids, I've been known to confront a drunk or 2 at a game (or Disney, or grocery, or....) over that. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

After rewatching it this morning. It looked like the play was for Ware but Reneau decided he was going to be the hero. Thankfully Anthony Chill Out Leal was there

I just can't figure MR out.  It really seemed like the staff thought he would be the guy this year and put Ware on kind of a 2nd or 3rd tier at times.  MR has had some really big games but there are so many times he just does things that kill an opportunity.  Seems like a great kid but I worry if Woody is back he will be relying too much on MR (like they did with X this year).  

14 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

Interesting. Not sure Huggins can stay sober, and doubt a mess like Louisville will be the place to try. And I genuinely doubt Drew is leaving Baylor for the likes of Louisville, as well. I am really concerned that May takes the job at tOSU and sticks it to us for the next 25 years. However, stranger things have happened. Indiana has to get ride of Woodson before anything can happen here.

If Diebler keeps winning at OSU...Maybe they just give the job to him.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

I just can't figure MR out.  It really seemed like the staff thought he would be the guy this year and put Ware on kind of a 2nd or 3rd tier at times.  MR has had some really big games but there are so many times he just does things that kill an opportunity.  Seems like a great kid but I worry if Woody is back he will be relying too much on MR (like they did with X this year).  

Or, he might be a really good kid who is very talented and will continue to improve. He’s improved a ton since last year.

2 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

I'm not sure that Malik has seen many shots that he didn't like.

You are right about that. Thankfully it usually turns out okay but it feels like his first three options are to put his head down and score. A decent passer when he chooses to but would love to see a more patient and measured approach when he gets a post catch.