Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Is it bad this 5 game winning streak kind of pi$$es me off, because I'd rather have woody fired then us make this season seem even somewhat as a success.  

I love IU basketball more than anything other than God and family, but this season just hasn't been enjoyable to me.. I think it's woody. Not sure I can enjoy the team with this ego prick in charge 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If Michigan and Ohio State get Oats and May this fanbase deserves to finally abandon the team and the decisions of our beloved University.

Would be absolutely heartbreaking to this lifelong fan.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I have a good imagination but I can't imagine Nate Oats going to Michigan.  Basketball NIL is way behind and they keep having problems with players not being accepted when they try to transfer in.

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Yes, because based on the talent we will have underachieved for a third straight year.  

Wed have to go to the sweet 16 this year for me to have any sense of this thing being right.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

So if Woodson wins tonight and ends up posting 3 twenty win seasons we still want him fired, correct?

Will it mean IU isn’t the only P5 school in the country without a high school commit for 2024? If no, then yes. He has a lot of work to do this offseason before I am willing to say he deserves another year. It isn’t that I want Woodson fired so much as it is I want to be relevant and good. If this is some weird aberration and he’s the guy, fine. But we are neither relevant or good, Wins or otherwise. Because what I’ve seen in these wins are adjustments leading to more successful basketball. Adjustments many of us had been asking for since Army and FGCU. It stopped being about this seasons results for me when dropped out of the top-75 and went 1-31 in recruiting. A position it took 5 straight B1G wins to get us back to (Torvik, not Kenpom where we are still 80s). It’s way more nuanced than a run at the end of the season. I have said from the jump, if we had even a top-25 recruiting class, he deserves another year and I would have not even really cared how the end of the season played out. All of this is before you start talking about availability next season if he were to retire or get fired. It is not simply jumping ship in a down year.  At least for me, YMMV.