Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

8 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

The fact they have faith in Woodson going into year 4 is all you need to know. These people are clueless beyond belief.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Astonishingly incompetent or actively impeding. Even an idiot could've accidentally gotten it right once in the last 20+ years.

If you read Cathy's post it's pretty clear that they don't.  Seems they probably anticipate a firing or retirement next year when Pearl and Dusty are long gone.  Get ready for the Michael Lewis era and another firing 3-4 years later.
Absolutely brilliant management of the program.
A day late as usual which is always the case

54 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Very well-liked by who? Since you have access we don't, why don't you do a poll of all head coaches in the athletic department and see how well-liked he is? 

My guess is boosters that smoke cigars and drink wine with Woodson after home losses.  

We have 6 seasons since 1990 with 25+ wins. Remove Crean and we have 3. 3. Kansas? 12 since 2010. UNC? 8 since 2010. Duke? 12 since 2010. Kentucky? 8 since 2010. My point here is we aren’t a blue blood, and I am done thinking we are. If the administration wants to treat IU basketball like a run of the mill program, so be it. That’s the fandom they can have. It would probably be better for my blood pressure anyways. 

The portal is our new normal.  Purdue will run the model collegiate program and we will reload with 70% mercenaries every year.  It saddens me that we have become that type of program.  IU- the best team money can buy!  Come see Happy for your cash!  Buckner, Woodson, and Dolson are an embarrassment for turning our program into this.  
But Woodson is an iu guy. Lol. Nothing he does is anything like the old iu program. We are an NBA farm team.

5 minutes ago, JF87 said:

The portal is our new normal.  Purdue will run the model collegiate program and we will reload with 70% mercenaries every year.  It saddens me that we have become that type of program.  IU- the best team money can buy!  Come see Happy for your cash!  Buckner, Woodson, and Dolson are an embarrassment for turning our program into this.  

It's going to take an insane amount of NIL $ to give Woody a competitive team next season.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yep delusions are running thick today. Reminds me of the talk we get in the summer where gunn and banks were going to be major factors. Probably the same posters. Soon these posters will have us a top 15 team for next year.

I have had some time to sleep and think...and cool down. I still think we need a change, but that change isn't happening...

Now, I am not saying by any means he is going to be able to have success, but the reality now is that he's coming back. I've accepted it, and I am going to do my best to shift my energy towards being hopeful that he can figure it out vs. hoping he doesn't and the direction of this program nose dives. I'd much rather spend next year celebrating wins vs. watching the house burn. 

For a fan that only follows IU basketball and football,  my team is on the floor. I can't help but wish for the best and be optimistic, and regardless of how annoyed my wife is,  I will continue to watch. 

1 hour ago, KathywithaC said:

Dolson wants to win. 

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win.Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win. preparing to win is where the determination that you will win, is made. Once the game or test or project is underway, it is too late to prepare to win. The actual game, test or projetc is just the end of a long process of getting ready, in which the outcome was really determined. So if you want to win, you must want to prepare to win.  

I find Mr. Dolson’s desire to win a very underwhelming trait. 

9 minutes ago, str8baller said:

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win.Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win. preparing to win is where the determination that you will win, is made. Once the game or test or project is underway, it is too late to prepare to win. The actual game, test or projetc is just the end of a long process of getting ready, in which the outcome was really determined. So if you want to win, you must want to prepare to win.  

I find Mr. Dolson’s desire to win a very underwhelming trait. 

Agree. You'd think he would be well aware of this, since it's from one of our own.

Just now, JF87 said:

Is there any chance that we can bring in Dusty as an assistant coach/head coach in waiting for 1 year?  I know if would be frustrating to Dusty, but d@mmit, I'm desperate. 

No, someone will give him an actual HC gig. Someone that wouldn't be dumb enough to keep Woodson, which is literally every non-IU program in the country.

Just now, Kentuckysucks said:

The same people who just retained Woodson are basically the same people (same mindset at least) who made this abomination our HC for 6 years.  Sorry if I have no faith in the decision making.

Since he is available, maybe we can get him on our revitalized staff next year.  

50 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

If you read Cathy's post it's pretty clear that they don't.  Seems they probably anticipate a firing or retirement next year when Pearl and Dusty are long gone.  Get ready for the Michael Lewis era and another firing 3-4 years later.

Absolutely brilliant management of the program.

Yes, the ship has sailed on getting them 

12 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I will send you a DM tomorrow to explain everything. And I will pass on to everyone what a couple of IU coaches think of Woody. 

I would appreciate receiving a message on what happened. Thank you

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Very well-liked by who? Since you have access we don't, why don't you do a poll of all head coaches in the athletic department and see how well-liked he is? 

This is totally speculation by me (as to the reason why), but I imagine Woodson walks around like a king despite not even doing the bare minimum at his job, while they’re busting their a***s coaching their sports and (except for Cig) making much less money. Cig and Woody seem like polar opposites in their approach and professionalism. 

12 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I will send you a DM tomorrow to explain everything. And I will pass on to everyone what a couple of IU coaches think of Woody. 

I'm curious but admittedly my opinion in this administration couldn't get much lower.