Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

We haven't beaten one good team all year. Every team we have beaten in the big ten has a losing record except 10-9 iowa.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

A losing record in what might be the worst B1G in my lifetime. Purdue has a legit shot at a FF or NC and we have more Woody. We are not serious. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Could say that in 2016 about Crean, but not with the Zeller teams. 

And if I remember correctly, could say that in a big way about the Archie Covid-year team, but not with his other three years at all.

Or we could be navigating the weakest part of our schedule. Wisconsin is our only win against a tournament team. And they’ve managed to drop from a projected 4 seed to an 8 since January. 

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

The problem with all this is you people have been wrong about everything every single time going back to the Knight firing.  We told you to fire Davis in 2001 and bring in Pitino or Alford. We told you to fire Davis in 2004 and bring in Thad Matta. We told you to hire John Beilein and not Kelvin Sampson.  We told you to fire Crean after year 3 and bring BS.  We told you to fire Archie after year 2.  We told you not to hire Woodson when Brad fell through 3 years ago.  I actually emailed the AD and BOT with all of this at the time.

Now we just told you to fire Woody and bring in Pearl or possibly May.  How many times do these absolute morons have to be wrong before they finally start to listen?  No one anywhere else could be so wrong so many times and still have a job. 

How many times do they have to show they really do not care about this program before fans realize it? This program has been woefully mishandled for 20+ years, they'd almost have to be trying to not even get it right accidentally in that time.

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

My burning question is…why are the guys playing so much harder now? If Dolson did indeed have a players meeting, what was said? Guys, if you want coach to be here next year, you gotta give me a reason to keep him. Or, guys if you don’t want woody here, you gotta give me a reason to leak the vote of confidence that way Woody can “retire” at the end of the season. Something isn’t adding up from what we have been seeing,hearing!

I think all these players have pride. The team/Woodson was booed at home.  They are playing in front of a lot of empty seats.  That's one reason they are playing harder.  I doubt any player was forthright with Dolson about Woodson.  No one wants to talk about their boss to higher ups for fear of reprisal.  Parents may be chirping, but I would guess the players didn't have a whole lot to say.  

A losing record in what might be the worst B1G in my lifetime. Purdue has a legit shot at a FF or NC and we have more Woody. We are not serious. 
Yep delusions are running thick today. Reminds me of the talk we get in the summer where gunn and banks were going to be major factors. Probably the same posters. Soon these posters will have us a top 15 team for next year.

The problem with all this is you people have been wrong about everything every single time going back to the Knight firing.  We told you to fire Davis in 2001 and bring in Pitino or Alford. We told you to fire Davis in 2004 and bring in Thad Matta. We told you to hire John Beilein and not Kelvin Sampson.  We told you to fire Crean after year 3 and bring BS.  We told you to fire Archie after year 2.  We told you not to hire Woodson when Brad fell through 3 years ago.  I actually emailed the AD and BOT with all of this at the time.
Now we just told you to fire Woody and bring in Pearl or possibly May.  How many times do these absolute morons have to be wrong before they finally start to listen?  No one anywhere else could be so wrong so many times and still have a job. 
We are going to miss out on Dusty May I have no doubt. Thrse people are beyond incompetent.

8 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Incredible post. Glad to hear I’m not alone. 

it’s not like this is revisionist history, this is all done in real time. 

the people running the show are not good at their jobs… you know how I have proof? The success over the last 15 years 

Incredible post. Glad to hear I’m not alone. 

it’s not like this is revisionist history, this is all done in real time. 

the people running the show are not good at their jobs… you know how I have proof? The success over the last 15 years 
The fact they have faith in Woodson going into year 4 is all you need to know. These people are clueless beyond belief.

I believe that’s the whole problem with the administration goes all the way back to RMK and they thought One man was too big, and that carried over to the whole basketball program. My opinion is they decided to make it as mediocre as the football program and that is what they’ve done for the last 20 some odd years.

1 hour ago, KathywithaC said:

It was “more than it was”, which is what I was trying to communicate when I came here yesterday. It wasn’t nothing, though. There are people who are increasingly concerned with the direction of the program, but there wasn’t nearly enough concern to make a move. That said, I can’t envision a scenario where the expectation for Year 4 isn’t make or break for Woody. He is very well liked, but Dolson wants to win. Not saying others don’t want to win too, but Scott wants to be happier with the direction of the program than he is now.

Thank you for your info!

Keeping someone employed simply because he is "well liked" is the overall problem we have within our administration. They just don't seem to be able to make the decisions I think they know they need to out of fear it'll hurt someone's feelings. Operating from a place of fear is how other programs overtake you and that's what's been happening at IU. We're weak.

Not saying we need new leadership, but we need new leadership. I'm glad to hear Dolson at least understands the problem, he's just handcuffed and that's what pisses me off. If Scott wants to win (I'm positive he does) and sees a way to get us there (Pearl, May, whomever), he should have the freedom to make that move. That's his job. Why do we even have an AD if they don't trust him to make decisions? 

I really hope keeping him isn't some sort of a year-by-year evaluation. That would be a nightmare. Meaning if he makes the tourney next year, he gets another. And so on. Our admin seems dumb enough to go with something like that.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

The fact they have faith in Woodson going into year 4 is all you need to know. These people are clueless beyond belief.

If you read Cathy's post it's pretty clear that they don't.  Seems they probably anticipate a firing or retirement next year when Pearl and Dusty are long gone.  Get ready for the Michael Lewis era and another firing 3-4 years later.

Absolutely brilliant management of the program.

18 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Nailed it.  I think many of us have been around and can confirm.

54 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

So does make or break come solely down to wins and losses or does it factor in recruiting as in having a foundation of players coming in to build a program and not just portal diving every year to build a team?,  

The portal is our new normal.  Purdue will run the model collegiate program and we will reload with 70% mercenaries every year.  It saddens me that we have become that type of program.  IU- the best team money can buy!  Come see Happy for your cash!  Buckner, Woodson, and Dolson are an embarrassment for turning our program into this.  

50 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Very well-liked by who? Since you have access we don't, why don't you do a poll of all head coaches in the athletic department and see how well-liked he is? 

By Buckner and the bean counters at IU... keeping him saves money (short term), but could cost them dearly in the long game... they're not getting another dime from me for tix, merch, donations, etc... just 100% completely done with this cluster****.

I believe that’s the whole problem with the administration goes all the way back to RMK and they thought One man was too big, and that carried over to the whole basketball program. My opinion is they decided to make it as mediocre as the football program and that is what they’ve done for the last 20 some odd years.
Even since Sampson they haven't even tried to make it elite. Each new hire gets worse than the last one. People just want hope but hope is something we don't get as iu fans.