Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

12 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

The problem with that scenario is that the front court defense will be...not good...barring huge leaps from Mbgako and Reneau.

I don’t think the defense is going to be good in any scenario, and it isn’t because of personnel.  To be competitive, it’ll have to be like one of Creans teams that could run and shoot, which is an odd thought for a Woodson coached team. 

38 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

So the best case scenario is:

Portal PG

Portal SG

McNeeley

Mbgako 

Reneau

Galloway (6th man)

The problem with that scenario is that the front court defense will be...not good...barring huge leaps from Mbgako and Reneau.

Those Portal guards not only need to bring about 25-30 PPG, but they'll also need to be world class on-ball defenders. Otherwise, with Reneau as the rim protector, he's likely to foul out after 15-20 MPG.

An underrated massive addition to the best case scenario:

If Jakai Newton is healthy and in the rotation.

12 hours ago, KathywithaC said:

Woody didn’t get hired because he’s black. A trustee was very public regarding Mike and her feelings if he wasn’t to be retained, and Herbert drove the bus for Sampson, which included a diversity as a component. But I’ve never once heard Woody’s skin color invoked by anyone.

One of the best things that could happen is, after that disgusting post from kentuckysucks, maybe he and his ilk will actually carry through with their threats to actually go away.

My burning question is…why are the guys playing so much harder now? If Dolson did indeed have a players meeting, what was said? Guys, if you want coach to be here next year, you gotta give me a reason to keep him. Or, guys if you don’t want woody here, you gotta give me a reason to leak the vote of confidence that way Woody can “retire” at the end of the season. Something isn’t adding up from what we have been seeing,hearing!

1 minute ago, Tom White said:

One of the best things that could happen is, after that disgusting post from kentuckysucks, maybe he and his ilk will actually carry through with their threats to actually go away.

It is very disturbing after reading that, recalling all the times he has said things like "I assure you next year will get VERY ugly" and saying it would be worse than what Davis went through. Almost as if it were a threat. 

2 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

My burning question is…why are the guys playing so much harder now? If Dolson did indeed have a players meeting, what was said? Guys, if you want coach to be here next year, you gotta give me a reason to keep him. Or, guys if you don’t want woody here, you gotta give me a reason to leak the vote of confidence that way Woody can “retire” at the end of the season. Something isn’t adding up from what we have been seeing,hearing!

Auditioning for potential teams when the transfer portal opens.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Also proves just how deeply unserious they are about this program. They'd rather save the blackeye and keep one of their own then do what's best for the program.

Unserious or incompetent, but I don’t think it matters much which it is. This has been a 20+ year experience.   

To be somewhat fair to the administration—not that they deserve it—the optics of firing a liked former star player in 3 years when you gave the awful Archie regime 4 years was always going to be brutal. That was a big part of the basis for my belief that he was always getting a 4th year. Woody helped alleviate those optics a bit by being so bad this year, but I think that ultimately he was getting 4 years. It’s the IU way.

Like I’ve said before, you don’t destroy great programs by firing coaches too early. You destroy them by keeping bad or mediocre coaches too long. It’s the one thing the fans and media get absolutely backwards. 

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I will send you a DM tomorrow to explain everything. And I will pass on to everyone what a couple of IU coaches think of Woody. 

Any chance for a DM?

Honestly the last few weeks have been the least fun I have ever had as an IU fan, not knowing whether or not winning would hurt us. After sleeping on it, I think I would rather not do that again haha. We have fired coaches before and it has gotten us to right here so I am willing to see how this goes. Go Hoosiers let's go win the BTT!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I hope it's widespread apathy from the fans that sets in rather than outrage. Anger keeps fans engaged. No attention is more effective than negative attention in the long run. 

And I think it's going to be a long, this

Edited by MrBBall

I am at a loss, I just don't understand how there can be so many in the media jumping aboard the let's move on train, all of the smoke flaming from "insiders," and not have one single statement from Dolson, Buckner, or anyone at IU. Just an article by Osterman? I have come to terms that he will be back next year, but nothing about what has transgressed in the last 24 hours makes any sense. I'm not on Peegs, but to hear everything that was coming out from him, then to hear the podcast he did right before the game last night, you would have never believed he said any of that stuff. As a late arrival to the dump Woody train, I feel a little bushwhacked :107: