Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

14 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

GM, eh? Ya see, Scotty's just taking a page out of the ol' Stevens family playbook. He's floating this GM role for next season. Maybe even call it a Program Ambassador? Somebody who just gets to hang out and be there but doesn't really have to do anything but smile and shake hands. Who'd be a great fit? Mike Woodson! No firing, no retirement, just a coach sliding into an "executive" (said with a nice little pat on the head) role while we bring in Young Brucie to take things forward. It's perfect.

A twist on the old joke about drummers... what do you call a guy who hangs out around basketball players? Program Ambassador Mike Woodson. :D :D 

Well, I think we need to cut him some slack because all this time he’s been trying to get over the hump with a monkey on his back, but now he says the monkeys gone and they’re over the hump so let’s see what happens.

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

See here at Indiana this is how we do things. We have a coach that doesn't know what he's doing but instead of firing him, we're going to hire a GM to run things for him. If that doesn't work then we will fire both next year. Brillant

Indeed... two large "parting gifts" are better than one!

I guess I thought I needed to send another email.

Last night once again shows that coach Woodson should not be coaching IU basketball. There is no reason Coach and his staff shouldn't have been out recruiting last night. There were two top in state recruits playing in sectional games yet no IU coach at either one. What we saw were coaches from Purdue, Notre Dame and Iowa in attendance watching these players. This is an embarrassment that our coaching staff is to lazy to actually go out and do their jobs. I am just wondering if they were to busy smoking cigars and drinking wine with their friends. 

This has to be the end of coach Woodson's tenure as coach at Indiana. He was such a great player for IU and I will always love him as a player.  I wish he would retire and allow you to bring in an experience college coach who can bring back IU basketball to where it belongs.

Scott Roberts

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

Last night once again shows that coach Woodson should not be coaching IU basketball. There is no reason Coach and his staff shouldn't have been out recruiting last night. There were two top in state recruits playing in sectional games yet no IU coach at either one. What we saw were coaches from Purdue, Notre Dame and Iowa in attendance watching these players. This is an embarrassment that our coaching staff is to lazy to actually go out and do their jobs. I am just wondering if they were to busy smoking cigars and drinking wine with their friends. 

This has to be the end of coach Woodson's tenure as coach at Indiana. He was such a great player for IU and I will always love him as a player.  I wish he would retire and allow you to bring in an experience college coach who can bring back IU basketball to where it belongs.

Scott Roberts

Dang, I like it, Scott. You brought the heat. 

22 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

See here at Indiana this is how we do things. We have a coach that doesn't know what he's doing but instead of firing him, we're going to hire a GM to run things for him. If that doesn't work then we will fire both next year. Brillant

If this happens, this might be the end for me. Been a fan since I was a kid in the early 80s. Just have better things to do….

To me the only reason not to he out lady night if they know they aren't coming back. If they expect to be back they should be out there last night.

You’d think he would be out beyond tue midnight oil recruiting over the winter so when you have to recruit in the spring, he would “be out of days/visits” and then have an excuse to golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, IndyHoops said:

If this happens, this might be the end for me. Been a fan since I was a kid in the early 80s. Just have better things to do….

I'm in the same boat, unfortunately. 

Dolson should be smart enough to understand this decision is huge for him too. Basketball isnt' the end all be all for athletics but it is a huge piece of the pie and what IU fans care the most about. 

I don't understand the risk/reward with bringing him back for another year. Best case for Woody, he hits the portal hard and maybe makes the tournament, gets another BS extension bc our admin is clueless. Worst case (and most likely scenario), next year is a nightmare from game 1 and he's finally fired. What on earth does Dolson see today that leads him to believe Woody turns this around in such a short amount of time. If you keep him, you have to go down with the ship, Scott.

Last night once again shows that coach Woodson should not be coaching IU basketball. There is no reason Coach and his staff shouldn't have been out recruiting last night. There were two top in state recruits playing in sectional games yet no IU coach at either one. What we saw were coaches from Purdue, Notre Dame and Iowa in attendance watching these players. This is an embarrassment that our coaching staff is to lazy to actually go out and do their jobs. I am just wondering if they were to busy smoking cigars and drinking wine with their friends.    This has to be the end of coach Woodson's tenure as coach at Indiana. He was such a great player for IU and I will always love him as a player.  I wish he would retire and allow you to bring in an experience college coach who can bring back IU basketball to where it belongs.   Scott Roberts
He talks a great game but his actions say otherwise. He claims to love iu but is too lazy to go see an indiana kid an hour away. His heart just isn't 100% in this imo. He wants the job but only on his terms, which is clearly not working 7 days and pounding the pavement

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I hate to think how bad IU will be next year if Woodson comes back. I am afraid his recruiting has taking a hit. He has had some success in the portal and picked up a couple of key high school players in the spring.The big problem is with some of the top Indiana high schoolers with strong IU connections not being already on board. 

I thought he did fairly good last year in the spring but look at the results. I am afraid we are going to start with less talent coming back next year. The real problem is with all this talk of firing Woodson is going to make even harder for him to recruit. 

I love Woodson as a person but in my opinion he needs to go.

6 minutes ago, cleeter said:

You’d think he would be out beyond tue midnight oil recruiting over the winter so when you have to recruit in the spring, he would “be out of days/visits” and then have an excuse to golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he went out last night, he'd have 99 days left.  :)  

1 minute ago, Tom White said:

You know it is the bottom of the barrel when we are using clips from "Friends". Can't we at least get clips from better shows?

takethatback-sheldon.gif

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Why do we feel like woody is back today? Because of the field of 68 article? Something else? 

I think it's just the normal progression of optimism to pessimism etc that is in most of our threads. It's always a rollercoaster of emotion, even if there is no evidence for either.