Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

So...with all this smoke? Do we think a firing is coming after we are eliminated from the BTT or no?  God I hope there's some truth to all the pearl smoke.

There is a meeting on Tuesday. We'll know more then. 

42 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

4) Worth noting that Buckner was a strong supporter of Chris Reynolds for the AD spot. Take that for what you will. 
5) Don’t be surprised if Pearl is the Brad Stevens of this cycle should we get to that point. 

Wow thank you for the info!!

Obviously you have no obligation to share anything else unless you want, so the rest of us can discuss but I am a little confused. Can't really figure out what the above two mean. Is he just saying that Buckner likes former players? Or is the inference that he and Dolson aren't super close?

Is Pearl the "Brad Stevens" of this cycle in that he is using us for a raise and we shouldn't get our hopes up, or that we are preparing a godfather offer for him? 

Also, any chance you can confirm what Chris said about the admin potentially focusing on May?

3 minutes ago, SamIam said:

Wow thank you for the info!!

Obviously you have no obligation to share anything else unless you want, so the rest of us can discuss but I am a little confused. Can't really figure out what the above two mean. Is he just saying that Buckner likes former players? Or is the inference that he and Dolson aren't super close?

Is Pearl the "Brad Stevens" of this cycle in that he is using us for a raise and we shouldn't get our hopes up, or that we are preparing a godfather offer for him? 

Also, any chance you can confirm what Chris said about the admin potentially focusing on May?

I don't want to put words in his mouth but took it as he and Dolson are not close and that shouldn't get our hopes up for Pearl.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

As the Orange turns. I'm telling you this thread is better than a soap opera. People coming out of the woodwork. On a given day we have 3 different coaches next year etc etc. Gotta love it

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

My first thought to this was "who is the 3rd?", since only two names have dominated. Then it hit me that would be Woodson.  Then I got sad again.  

5 hours ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

Bottom line.....

If a change is not made, the brass in charge are not serious about IU basketball ever becoming an relevant player in the landscape of college basketball for the foreseeable future.  

That's really all that needs to be said. 

Sincerely, 

TheGhostofRickMajerus(withaT)

Thanks for the clarification I always thought it was "DA"Ghost with DA.

24 minutes ago, Rico said:

There have been some brief rays of sunshine in there somewhere.  Not enough to get a tan.

Some may have thought MW was a ray of sunshine but I think he’s more about being brief 

I do wonder if it's possible that May/Pearl are simply smokescreens and Dolson has someone else in mind.  Probably not but you never know.  It just seemed like every hire since Davis was fired all came out of left field.  We all thought we were getting Lon Kruger at one point lol.  Dolson just seems to run a tight ship so not sure he'd allow anything to leak.  Chris himself said he didn't know about the Allen firing until the day or or the day before.  I'm not talking the pipe dream 1/1000000 candidates (Billy, BS, Jay) just maybe someone else we aren't talking about.

1 hour ago, IU1988girl said:

Longtime lurker here.  Just a fan.  No insider info from me.  I'll just pipe in that I loved Woodson as a player but have been disappointed with his coaching.  I would certainly like a change in coaches especially after reading on here that he doesn't really have the desire to hit the HS recruiting trail.  Not a way to turn a program around.  Anyway, I just wanted to post and thank those of you in this thread who have shared info with us less connected folks.

BTW, I copied the post above because my eye caught a BOT name, Donna Spears.  I totally forgot she was on the board.  She sold us a house once in Richmond and her mother-in-law was our neighbor for many years.  Beautiful person.  Anyway, maybe I should go drop in on Donna and get the scoop.  She does like to talk, in a good way!!

Again, thanks for all the info.  Keep it coming!!

Sorry to be so late in welcoming you to btb but the lines to get a post in this thread stretch all the way to Bedford.  Great to have you with us and look forward to reading your posts on a regular basis

31 minutes ago, IsaacTor said:

Hello all,

I did not think I would end up in here but wanted to relay information.

1. No decision has been made. Decision will be made next week.

2. As of now I know of 4 votes who want Mike woodson replaced. And 2 votes who want him to stay. I do not know the other votes. 

3. There is a lot of respect on BoT and the BoT will not personally attack each other. If news gets out that it does then it is fake. 

4. At the end of the day we are all one family and let's support whoever is the coach next year.

Thanks

- IT

Welcome Isaac.   Buckle up.  It can get a little wild around here.

Some may have thought MW was a ray of sunshine but I think he’s more about being brief 
Just wait til next year. And again I did not think trey, malik, and MM were leaving. It caught me by complete surprise and now I got all these new guys. They may all be seniors but we are so young It's going to take time guys and in year 5 I can likely get over the hump.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

I don't see how or why McNeeley would decide to come here to play for May. The guy is a projected lottery pick, it'd be way too risky for him. Pearl maybe, but even then I think it's a long shot. Liam suiting up in candy stripes may even be a long shot if we keep Woodson at this point, given everything he's said about wanting to win, potential departures, etc.

And just to be clear I wouldn't base any decision on a single recruit, or even a single recruiting class ('25, for instance).

He won’t play for the guy LeBron allegedly wants his son to play for at OSU? I differ.

5 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I do wonder if it's possible that May/Pearl are simply smokescreens and Dolson has someone else in mind.  Probably not but you never know.  It just seemed like every hire since Davis was fired all came out of left field.  We all thought we were getting Lon Kruger at one point lol.  Dolson just seems to run a tight ship so not sure he'd allow anything to leak.  Chris himself said he didn't know about the Allen firing until the day or or the day before.  I'm not talking the pipe dream 1/1000000 candidates (Billy, BS, Jay) just maybe someone else we aren't talking about.

That’s pretty much where I’m at Occam’s razor

4 hours ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I want to believe we are not crazy and still a blue blood. I want to believe the banners aren’t too dusty. And yet, we are what we are. And we have to root for losses. I hate it. 

It’s not. As I posited in another thread…imagine if this were Kansas or Kentucky. This wouldn’t even be a question.