Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

I'm in the same boat.  What does he have to gain other than keeping his friend on staff.  Conspiracy side, maybe they are trying to stick it to the admin and university for firing Knight. 

I think he's stuck on Archie got 4, so his buddy has to get 4 also. 

Quinn will forever be known as the guy who ruined the program when we had pearl locked up if he gets his way. Quite the legacy.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I would think that we'd have a better chance of Mgbako and Tahaad Pettiford than McNeeley. 

I'd take any of the above. I'm just saying, Pearl would not necessarily be coming in to a rebuild - he could be competitive from day one

18 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

This is an interesting point and something I hadn't really considered. Not sure how much BP is tuned into the situation but I'd imagine the back channel conversations have obviously made him aware that political factors are at play and we may need to get a little messy with the media to make it happen. The fact Bruce hasn't said publicly "it's not happening" yet is interesting. Has to make you wonder if part of why BP would be on board is now he can see IU has an athletic director who isn't trying to shoot themself in the foot and they could work together. If they do pull this off, my excitement will be off the charts. I'd also be excited for Dusty. At this rate, making a change is the only way 99% of the people will feel any excitement for IUBB... not just next year, but for a very long time.

The question that keeps gnawing at me is "why would Bruce Pearl want to put up with Buckner and his shenanigans?" On a lot of levels it doesn't make sense... I hope it's all true and that it all comes to pass despite Buckner's efforts to stop it... but why would anyone walk in to such a toxic situation with their eyes wide open? Serious question...

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Is this a case where Buckner has final say or can the other trustees can trump him?  Could Whitten pull rank?

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Is this a case where Buckner has final say or can the other trustees can trump him?  Could Whitten pull rank?

We're not sure. I've heard it both ways

I have no respect for either of them anymore. If I wanna watch old tapes of champion games I will watch 1987 and 2002.

You do know Woodson wasn't on '81 team right?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

You do know Woodson wasn't on '81 team right?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I 100% know he wasn't on that team but he played with those guys for several years and they are his biggest supporters.