Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

He'll have a challenge on his hands, that's for sure.  Turn this program around and he'll be a legend though. His resume looks like we actually took this one serious.

I don't expect to be competing for conference and national titles, but being competitive and bowl contention would be an improvement.

Let’s hope he is Bobby Knight 2.0 when it comes to building a program ?  Without the added baggage of course!

6 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I am not going to derail this thread.  So read this if interested in Musk's bigotry and politics.

Elon Musk prepares to walk away from the smoking crater that was Twitter (dailykos.com)

I am on it daily and have never seen this flood of racism. Have 2 minority children so it is not like I would miss it. 

Cant really defend it though without a derail and this is not the thread for that. 

Putting together some information now from a few different sources. Will continue to ask around, but for now, here's what I have been told:

#JMU offered Cignetti a seven-digit contract. It was still less than what Indiana offered, but it was a pretty decent offer, all things considered. He was staying in Harrisonburg. Turned Indiana down.

Hence, his statement: "I had total intentions and plans to retire here."

Also, what he told Dave Riggert earlier this week: "I know what my plans are."

Indiana came back and made the second offer. The Godfather offer. That's when Cignetti essentially had to say yes, which led to the Pete Thamel report around noon

cc @Chris007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Frankly, rather just put in real seats.  And then spend the money on practice facilities and things the players will use everyday.  All they need on game day is a great playing surface and a packed, loud stadium.  You can come back to the stadium later as success fuels those other improvements.  

The survey they sent out had them adding more seating with seat backs and cup holders.  Likely in closer to the field sections at a premium price.

10 minutes ago, iubb said:

Putting together some information now from a few different sources. Will continue to ask around, but for now, here's what I have been told:

#JMU offered Cignetti a seven-digit contract. It was still less than what Indiana offered, but it was a pretty decent offer, all things considered. He was staying in Harrisonburg. Turned Indiana down.

Hence, his statement: "I had total intentions and plans to retire here."

Also, what he told Dave Riggert earlier this week: "I know what my plans are."

Indiana came back and made the second offer. The Godfather offer. That's when Cignetti essentially had to say yes, which led to the Pete Thamel report around noon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If true, good on Dolson

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I'll fully admit, I was out of the loop for the first ~1.5 years of Dolson's admin, and I've never actually bothered to look into how Fred Glass ended up leaving, because I was just happy he was gone as a student during his tenure... 

A few were bemoaning Dolson - one in particular that I can remember going so far as to say Dolson should probably not even be allowed to make this decision/be in the same room as the people who do... 

He's hired Woody and seems to have got "the" right guy for us in football. About as close to a homerun hire as I think we could hope for. 

I am pumped to see where this program is at in a few years. Being decent at football in the new B10 will open a world of $$ opportunity 

Super excited for the future for both Basketball and Football. Think we're in good spots, still gaps, but progress! Been a pessimist for years. 

It seems like everything Glass did is becoming undone, in a good way?  

JMU fans saying Indiana will be just a stepping stone for him and if he goes like 16-8 over his first couple years here then bigger programs are gonna come calling. He’s 62 years old. I’d like to think if we have our resources in order for football and he gets this thing rolling, we should be his final stop if things go well. No reason why we can’t be a program he enjoys coaching at until he retires if he’s the guy who puts us on the map. 

45 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

If true, good on Dolson

Have no idea. Haven’t asked anything since the news broke. Been celebrating. I’m sure we’ll find out. This was the exact thing I was begging Dolson to do. The money will come back in the next few years.

Welcome coach Cig! Could tell yesterday afternoon that there was a lot of buzz around him. I hope he brings much needed energy to this IU Football program. Again, I am not the biggest IU Football fan. However, I root for them and want them to do well. 2019/2020/the 2021 preseason was awesome. IU fans just want that to be the norm. Said on here I'd love it if IU football became what UK Football is. I think Coach Cignetti can eventually make IU a bowl team every year. We will see how soon. NIL and the portal will be interesting. 

20 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

JMU fans saying Indiana will be just a stepping stone for him and if he goes like 16-8 over his first couple years here then bigger programs are gonna come calling. He’s 62 years old. I’d like to think if we have our resources in order for football and he gets this thing rolling, we should be his final stop if things go well. No reason why we can’t be a program he enjoys coaching at until he retires if he’s the guy who puts us on the map. 

Pat McAfee mentioned on his show that Cignetti said he wanted to coach for 13 more years when he (Cignetti) was on GameDay earlier in November.

23 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

They have more confidence than us.  :) 

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Have no idea. Haven’t asked anything since the news broke. Been celebrating. I’m sure we’ll find out. This was the exact thing I was begging Dolson to do. The money will come back in the next few years.

I have a real good friend here in Ohio, that is a rabid OSU fan. He is a High School and Middle School coach of basketball, and conditioning.

He is pumped that IU got Coach Cignetti.  Thinks he will be great for IU and for the Big Ten.  But what does he know since he is an OSU fan?

Actually the guy is sharp and he is right.

1 minute ago, rayl456 said:

Pat McAfee mentioned on his show that Cignetti said he wanted to coach for 13 more years when he (Cignetti) was on GameDay earlier in November.

Yeah.  Said he was going until 75.  With the money we threw at him, doesn't sound like he'll have to now.  I'm guessing this is his last stop.  3-5 years to get the program up to speed.  Then 3-5 to gain that consistency.  Then retire and on to the next guy.